Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 11:21 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,688,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Very well said. I too, am revolted. You speak for me as well.

Sometimes I forget that deviants and sodomizers are a small minority in the USA, because there are so many who post on this forum. They are very vocal, and tend to get rather nasty and not tolerant of others opinions. And sometimes when they rant and put down God and say bad things about me and other normal people I know deep down that we all will be judged. And then I feel better, because I know I will be in Heaven, and they won't.
I'm gay and Christian. What about me?

Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Very well said. I too, am revolted. You speak for me as well.

Sometimes I forget that deviants and sodomizers are a small minority in the USA, because there are so many who post on this forum. They are very vocal, and tend to get rather nasty and not tolerant of others opinions. And sometimes when they rant and put down God and say bad things about me and other normal people I know deep down that we all will be judged. And then I feel better, because I know I will be in Heaven, and they won't.
Is there anything quite as arrogant as the person who believes they have all the answers to the universe?

Old 08-04-2011, 11:28 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Gee, ya'll just judged me. Tell me the difference.

BTW, the devil knows the bible. Acts count more than words. You may think my words are evil, what about your acts?
Considering that you can neither prove that God nor the Devil exist, the threats in relation to them are pretty empty to those who don't believe they have everything figured out. Or those that actually value something beyond blind faith.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:30 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
I'm gay and Christian. What about me?
That's between you and God.

For me, it would be wrong, because that is what I believe.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:33 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Considering that you can neither prove that God nor the Devil exist, the threats in relation to them are pretty empty to those who don't believe they have everything figured out. Or those that actually value something beyond blind faith.
I made no threats, just stated my beliefs.

Someone cannot prove they love their mother either.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

An once of prevention is far more effective than a pound of cure. Our immune system has developed to not only destroy pathogens once in the body, but to prevent them from coming into contact with our bodies in the first place. This ability to prevent contact with potential pathogens is carried out by the behavioral immune system. We find certain smells disgusting, some visual images revolting and that which we touch may feel grotesque. In almost every case, these unpleasant experiences help to keep pathogens outside our bodies. Heterosexuals have a tendency to view homosexuality revolting because deviant sexual practices spread disease but doesn't offset this risk with the opportunity for sexual reproduction. This is why straights find gay sex revolting. Being grossed-out by homosexuality is part of the heterosexual's behavioral immune system. We can't change the way we are because we were born that way.
Not all straights find homosexuality. Heck, there are some gay people who find straight sex revolting. Its not because of an immuno-response, but because they can't personally picture ourselves doing it and liking it. I find avocados, raw tomatoes and peppers revolting, but is that because my body thinks they are unhealthy? No, its because I don't enjoy them. Also, our bodies aren't exactly wired with STDs in mind. If there was some instinct that acknowledged and tried to avoid STDs, the body would either have some form of protection by now to go with it or a 6th sense that could detect STDs. Neither exist. Next fallacy of division? Or shall we try a different fallacy now?

Old 08-04-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:

You're saying its wrong for me to be gay and Christian?

Old 08-05-2011, 12:16 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,906 times
Quote:

being born differently is wrong? coulda sworn we didn't choose our sexual orientations before birth.. unless fetuses can make decisions?

Old 08-05-2011, 12:17 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
WTF does Obama have to do with this conversation? And sorry, but he IS your president, whether or not you agree with what he does.
Quote:
It's not rocket science to cut and paste if quoting is too difficult. I'll just take this as an admission that you can't actually address what I said.
as you wish. I tried cutting and pasting, but my typing was in red too, and I didn't know how to fix it.
What I wanted to suggest for your anonymous sex was a cantalope, or a male prostitute, since you're just looking for an orifice, no strings. Or a blow up doll, available at all times.
I tend to think it's much easier for girly men to hook up with other men, because then you don't have to deal with all the emotional stuff that comes with women. We're complicated.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:18 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
being born differently is wrong? coulda sworn we didn't choose our sexual orientations before birth.. unless fetuses can make decisions?
You're warped, mistakes happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies