Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 12:31 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Gee whiz, does it show? My, aren't you colorful.You say what
you believe, I say what I believe.

If you read my comments you'll see I am talking about people
who put down God. I can assure you that someone who does
not believe in God, will not go to Heaven.
You = Evangelical Christian.

Any real Christian would not believe that.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:04 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Perception is not evidence.

Some perceived to be harmed, some perceived to be helped.

One must assume these people were in a state of distress, and held a negative self-image before embarking on this therapy, which continues to be research.
I am sure there are pedaphiles that sincerely want to change their attraction to children - wouldn't it be wonderful if we were able to accomplish such a task to help them? I will not condemn the efffort to do so.
Some believe spankings harm children. I think a spanking can be, and has been, an excellent way to correct misbehavior. Of course anything can be abused, but that does not correlate to all spanking being child abuse imo.
Apparently you didn't bother to read the APA report of this type of so-called "therapy".

Gay people who are "distressed" about being gay can see an ethical therapist who does not have their own religious based agenda and does not lie to the client and manipulate them like these people do.

This sort of therapy is not "continuing to be researched" apart from small unethical, incompetent, religious-based fringe groups.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:09 AM

Quote:
A hetero can be attracted to the same sex, but have enough self-discipline or moral principle not to act on that urge. Lust and gluttony are not virtues to act upon just to satisfy a physical impulse, we have big brains for a purpose.
If a "hetero" is attracted to the same sex, then they are not heterosexual. They are either homosexual or bi-sexual.

You are confusing behavior with orientation.

And what do "lust and gluttony" have to do with homosexuality?

You have some rather prejudiced and very uninformed views about gays and lesbians.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Most gays are just like the radical aggressive and forceful liberals, no difference only the gays have a mental problem different then the normal liberals.

Gays have been aggressive in their constant forcing onto the rest of us their sick ways.
Sure sweety. You tell those big bad gay people just what you think!

(Oh wait, that would require actual thinking.)

Old 08-05-2011, 04:56 AM

Quote:
I think most people going thru that phase, are doing so, do to peer pressure, or looking for love and acceptance. I speak for the girls, boys are just generally horny, and use the wrong head. That is why I promote women to take charge of the their own birth control, women have all the power. Women also have the power to be treated like a lady, or be treated like a tramp - it's all up to them.
That's rather naive.
1.3 women and girls are raped per minute in the US. That's 78 per hour. How much "power" do those women and girls have about being treated like a "lady"?

Quote:
I think most people going thru that phase,
When it's 2 men, it's all about sexual gratification, the relationship is secondary.
Stereotype much? There are also many gay men that want relationships and many straight men who just want to score as much booty as they can.
And what of lesbians?

Quote:
Hetero's, relationship first, sex second, baby carriage third. We don't all have kids, but the idea behind marriage is family.
Wow this is not only naieve but extremely heterosexist. Try going to a local straight pick-up bar on a Saturday night.

And again... 78 women and girls per hour are raped by heterosexual men in the US. Not a great way to start a "relationship", and I doubt those men were thinking "marriage and baby carriages".

And what of the millions of unwanted pregancies and abortions by heterosexuals?
Quote:
The gays I know usually have one partner that is feminine, to play the female role. One is the top one is the bottom.
Stereotyping again....
I don't think you know many gay people. At least - you have probably met more gay people than you realize, but just assumed they were straight, because they didn't conform to your stereotyped views.
Quote:

You don't marry to have a family, you marry because you want us to meet your demands, you are giving us the finger, and claiming your right to do so.
Sorry but you are incorrect again. Many gay and lesbian couples want to marry because they want a family. And many straight couples do not want children or cannot have children, yet they still marry. Are they "giving you the finger" as well"
Data from the 2000 US Census:

45.6 percent of married heterosexual partners are raising children
43.1 percent of unmarried heterosexual partners are raising children
34.3 percent of lesbian couples are raising children
22.3 percent of male gay couples are raising children

Quote:
Yes, you may be granted this right, but that doesn't mean we have to approve. Obama has been elected, but I will never call him my President, he is resident Obama, or other terms. I will never grant him the respect that title carries. Words have meaning - gay marriage is an oxymoron to me.
You can "disapprove" all you like. That's your right. It's also your right to hold uninformed, heterosexist, negatively stereotyped views about gay men. (You seem to have forgotten about lesbian couples - why is that?).

Last edited by Ceist; 08-05-2011 at 05:34 AM..

Old 08-05-2011, 05:08 AM

Quote:
It's a shame we can't control all those religious people, and tell them how to conduct themselves, so they dare not reflect badly on our politics. Maybe they think we reflect badly upon them.
That's the problem with a free country, GD America!!!!
They don't have these kind of problems in countries with Islamic law.
No one needs to "control" all those religious people.

But it would be nice if the rabidly anti-gay ones could learn to control themselves a little. And possibly even educate themselves about the facts about homosexuality and gay and lesbian people, instead of swallowing and spreading all the lies, myths and stereotypes typically found on anti-gay religious websites.

Or...(heaven forbid!) get to actually know a few average gay or lesbian couples.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

"The VAST majority of people who have issues with homosexuality are the ones who believe that a man in the sky who appeared from nothing and has omnipotent powers spends his days taking tally of who buggers whom."

Have a link to the study which verifies your claim. or do you simply make up "facts" whenever you need them to make a point?
Just look up any poll on the topic or go to any fundamentalist church when they talk of "teh gay". Read rags like WorldNutDaily. Go to any of the gazillion religious based anti-gay propaganda websites. Not exactly rocket science.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

An once of prevention is far more effective than a pound of cure. Our immune system has developed to not only destroy pathogens once in the body, but to prevent them from coming into contact with our bodies in the first place. This ability to prevent contact with potential pathogens is carried out by the behavioral immune system. We find certain smells disgusting, some visual images revolting and that which we touch may feel grotesque. In almost every case, these unpleasant experiences help to keep pathogens outside our bodies. Heterosexuals have a tendency to view homosexuality revolting because deviant sexual practices spread disease but doesn't offset this risk with the opportunity for sexual reproduction. This is why straights find gay sex revolting. Being grossed-out by homosexuality is part of the heterosexual's behavioral immune system. We can't change the way we are because we were born that way.
You completely misrepresented that "theory". LOL! Par for the course.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Very well said. I too, am revolted. You speak for me as well.

Sometimes I forget that deviants and sodomizers are a small minority in the USA, because there are so many who post on this forum. They are very vocal, and tend to get rather nasty and not tolerant of others opinions. And sometimes when they rant and put down God and say bad things about me and other normal people I know deep down that we all will be judged. And then I feel better, because I know I will be in Heaven, and they won't.
LOL that you think you are "normal". And sadly for you, you condemn yourself by your own Bible with your views. So sorry, no going to Heaven for you!

Old 08-05-2011, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I take them more seriously than a group of kooks who thinks you can change somebody's sexuality by praying away the gay demons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
So much for tolerance and freedom of religion.
Do you think we should tolerate anything in the name of religious freedom?

If people are harming other people under the guise of "religious freedom", should their views and actions be tolerated?

Do you think we should be tolerant of female genital mutilation on babies and girls just because it's a religious custom?

Last edited by Ceist; 08-05-2011 at 06:12 AM..

Old 08-05-2011, 06:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
So much for tolerance and freedom of religion.
Tolerance goes out the window when others use their religion to pass laws that deny the rights of others or make their lives illegal. Catching on YET?
Casper

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 08-05-2011 at 06:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies