Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 10:45 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,287,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is that one over now? I didn't know that but it is kind of funny that some of you painfully lefthanded people are so sure the unions have won out there.
You know, I've never seen a post where you have not managed to squeeze in a complaint about anyone who thinks differently from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 10:51 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,050,601 times
Quote:
If you didn't get a tax break from that law then you are one of the people who pay no income taxes. I am not sure that people who pay no income taxes should be allowed to vote. I got a break and I sure am not above middle middle class.

I think that you have been taken in by Obama's desire for a class warfare. He doesn't give a damn about the middle class other than some money to redistribute and to talk about to push his class war.
I would have gladly turned down the $800 my spouse and I received each year of the Bush tax rebates if it would have prevented the disastrous economy facing our nation right now.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:01 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,101,192 times
Quote:
If you didn't get a tax break from that law then you are one of the people who pay no income taxes. I am not sure that people who pay no income taxes should be allowed to vote. I got a break and I sure am not above middle middle class.

I think that you have been taken in by Obama's desire for a class warfare. He doesn't give a damn about the middle class other than some money to redistribute and to talk about to push his class war.
Your not even close
Take a step back and look above the situation
You tell me what good is a tax break when you get a tax increase in other areas
example
get a break from payroll tax, then get an increase in your local tax either thru
property, sales tax, fuel tax etc.

its not a savings its a shift of the burden- do you really not notice this bull crap going on and you call me a dead beat!@

Old 07-24-2011, 05:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Kinda like how the Dems didn't negotiate with the Reps, when Obamacare was in the works.

Payback is a beach.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:16 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy

I think that you have been taken in by Obama's desire for a class warfare. He doesn't give a damn about the middle class other than some money to redistribute and to talk about to push his class war
Only an elitist would link voting rights to taxes. According to this mindset, and 18 year old, who can die as a soldier but makes too little to pay taxes, should have no voting rights. If this is an example of the right-wing mentality, it is a clear example of how they value dollars and not democracy. The next thing we'll be hearing is that votes should be like shares, the more taxes you pay, the more votes you are assigned -- or that corporations deserve the right to vote.

The right-wing screaming "class warfare" is also despicable. They lower taxes on the rich and cut middle-class spending for 30 years, which resulted in wealth and income concentration not seen since the robber baron days -- and as soon as anyone suggests pulling it back to even it out a bit, they shout "class warfare!!!"

Old 07-24-2011, 05:34 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Kinda like how the Dems didn't negotiate with the Reps, when Obamacare was in the works.

Payback is a beach.
Perhaps your memory is weak or selective but what you accuse and whine about what the Democrats do today is nothing like the way it used to be when Republicans were in charge prior to 2006:
Quote:
[The Medicare Drug Bill incident] arose from the difficulty the Republican leadership had in winning approval of the Medicare plan in the early morning of Nov. 22, [2003] when Mr. Hastert kept the usual 15-minute voting period open for almost three hours until he and his lieutenants could round up a majority. Mr. Smith, a conservative opposed to the drug coverage plan because of its costs, was approached by lawmakers, including Mr. Hastert, who tried to persuade him to switch. But he refused.

In a column on his House Web site after the vote, Mr. Smith said he had been offered ''extensive'' campaign support and endorsements for his son, Brad, who is running to succeed him, as well as threats of retribution against his son if he did not back the bill. In a radio interview, Mr. Smith put the figure for campaign aid at $100,000.
This Washington Post article was written in 2003 about the Republican abuse of their majority.
Quote:
Congress's majority parties have always dominated legislative action, but they typically have given the minority some voice -- even if it has amounted to little more than a floor vote on a sure-to-lose alternative bill, or conference committee recommendations destined to be rejected along party lines.
Recently, however, GOP leaders have largely dispensed with such niceties. Senate Republicans rewrote a massive (and still-pending) energy bill with zero Democratic participation. And top House and Senate Republicans negotiated the complex Medicare bill with only two conciliation-minded Democrats -- Sens. John Breaux (La.) and Max Baucus (Mont.) -- in the room. (When some House Democrats barged in one day, Thomas, the Ways and Means chairman, halted the meeting until they left.)
House Republicans in particular, he [Norm Ornstein] says, "have been gradually using, on a regular basis, techniques that violate all the norms of conduct and behavior. And they've gotten away with it."

Nearly half the electorate -- people who chose Democrats to represent them in Congress -- are, to an increasing degree, disenfranchised. Their representatives aren't simply outvoted on the House and Senate floors, they're not even present when key legislation is discussed and refined. The pendulum always swings back eventually, though, and should the White House and Congress shift hands, this year's brutal and partisan practices may ensure a retaliatory cycle in which each aggrieved party feels compelled to wreak vengeance, lest it be viewed as wimpish.

Even GOP Sen. John McCain of Arizona recently warned: "The Republicans had better hope that the Democrats never regain the majority."

Old 07-24-2011, 05:37 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,996,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Boehner cries like a little b---h when he runs out of ketchup for his McDonald's french fries and you Repubs and TPers call President Obama a "whiner"....LL at the irony (and overt bias)
I bet Boehner can throw a baseball ....and Obummer is more than a whinner he is a full fledged crybaby AS YOU LEFTES SAY GOT FACTS A LINK THAT BOEHNER EVEN LIKES KETCHUP? I HEARD HE IS A MUSTARD MAN.

Last edited by Dumbdowndemocrats; 07-24-2011 at 06:00 AM..

Old 07-24-2011, 05:53 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,996,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Perhaps your memory is weak or selective but what you accuse and whine about what the Democrats do today is nothing like the way it used to be when Republicans were in charge prior to 2006:
This Washington Post article was written in 2003 about the Republican abuse of their majority.
Selective memories ? wasn't this guy going to go to Washington D.C. to end all this dissent between the parties change the way business is usually done with more open and transparent government to promote bipartnership ? Dream on We are still waiting too see this miracle from the Chosen One as Farrakhan has called him perform even the basic skills of LEADERSHIP.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:07 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,528,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabluesrq View Post
Loz- with obamination's lack of leadership and over the top spending, we will not have a country anyways. What plan has Obama presented to the American people? Obama has never created a job or been a business owner. Cut spending it really is simple.
If anyone wants the plan, do this: go and look at the budget, it is online. Too hard to read a budget, go to the summary page.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:11 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,101,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Payback is a beach.
With the exception this could wreck any type of recovery
Healthcare is a freaking mess too! No arguments on that front
Time to grow up and take care of the country and stop the freaking damn bickering between the parties
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies