Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:43 PM

96 posts, read 133,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You do realize you're asking for proof of a negative, right? Anyway, you've been informed by people more knowledgeable than you, and if you can't make it fit into your worldview, more's the pity.
I agree with this. As it is totally understandable that Americans don't know the specific details of the Norwegian political system, it is quite remarkable that so many are totally uninterested in facts despite being offered so by several very informed posters. And even when presented with facts choose to ignore them in favor of their own (paranoid) theories.

I am proud that my country has chosen to deal with this without once trying to score cheap political points. Not once. Not the far left, not the far right. No one. Everyone is expressing the dignity the victims deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 02:27 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If this was a political camp/organization for kids, what was the Hitler Youth?

Politics and children don't mix.
Except when it happens to be a Tea Party Summer Camp, duly sponsored by Glenn Beck.

But then, now we know why he did... he was putting Nazi idea to practice after all, like you he can't see any other way.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Except when it happens to be a Tea Party Summer Camp, duly sponsored by Glenn Beck.

But then, now we know why he did... he was putting Nazi idea to practice after all, like you he can't see any other way.
I think Glenn is just upset, he was sure that he had already cornered the market on Hitler Youth style indoctrination camps.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:34 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embla View Post
I agree with this. As it is totally understandable that Americans don't know the specific details of the Norwegian political system, it is quite remarkable that so many are totally uninterested in facts despite being offered so by several very informed posters. And even when presented with facts choose to ignore them in favor of their own (paranoid) theories.

I am proud that my country has chosen to deal with this without once trying to score cheap political points. Not once. Not the far left, not the far right. No one. Everyone is expressing the dignity the victims deserve.
You'd think they would be happy to hear from people that live in Norway or Europe. You'd think they would be happy about the free knowledge we provide.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:37 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I think Glenn is just upset, he was sure that he had already cornered the market on Hitler Youth style indoctrination camps.
I wonder if he knew about Teen Age Republicans.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:42 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Well, one man's Hitler is another man's Nazi...

Old 07-26-2011, 02:47 PM

810 posts, read 837,099 times
Glenn Beck is a right wing loony and a giant hypocrite. Anyone who tries to defend him is obviously a small minded, partisan hack who could care less about principles.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:22 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Amazingly, this thread has shocked me even more than Beck's remark. That's pretty sad.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:59 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Doesn't Beck's 9/12 project have Summer Patriot Heritage Camps?

Old 07-26-2011, 04:45 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,689,318 times
As others have said in this thread, the Norwegian culture on politics is far different. Parents don't simply assimilate their children, they let them learn by themselves, gain their own ideas on how things should be done. Because of this, there also tends to be far more tolerance and understanding between different ideologies.

The way I see it, Americans are the indoctrinated ones. You blindly slap labels and liberal and conservative on people and seem to hate the other political party. You also show very little respect for your president if they aren't in your political party. Children very often follow the ideas their parents set and teach them, if they are even involved in the system at all. You are all so indoctrinated you don't even realize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies