Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You reserved and canceled over 1,000 rooms? Wow, sounds like a high roller to me.
And if you didn't know, well now you know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
So what are the details of the contract?
Quote:
According to a contract attached to the complaint, the reservation included an agreement by Tea Party Nation to pay the resort $579,148 in the event of a cancellation, of which the resort alleges the group still owes $554,148. An 18 percent interest charge added $87,996 to the amount the resort wants to collect.
Las Vegas resort sues tea party group over hotel bill - News - ReviewJournal.com

Quote:
So when someone alleges something you accept it as fact and start threads about it? Why are you trying to deceive people?
When the complainant has a contract, I'd presume they'd also have accounting records of what has been paid to date, if they're willing to sue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So is common sense.

No services were rendered.

Nobody skipped out on a bill.

I believe that a cancellation fee was paid, however.
But someone broke a contract. Over a thousand rooms that the resort couldn't reserve for people who aren't deadbeats. And apparently they have only paid a small fraction of the cancellation fee.

Aside: I heard today that one in five Arizonans is on Medicaid. The "cut everyone else's entitlements" state. And they're the ones who voted to expand coverage in 2000.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:43 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I've never worked in a hotel before, but I'm pretty sure that there are some fees for canceling over 1,000 rooms.
It all depends on the agreement you have when you book the rooms, why are you so certain that something took place when you admit to having no knowledge of the situation?

Old 07-26-2011, 08:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
So is common sense.

No services were rendered.
That may be common sense but it ain't contract law. When you contract with a service like the one's my company provides, by contract if you cancel within a certain period you are responsible for lost earnings for the period that you reserved for our services that we could have otherwise contracted with other clients. If we need to go to court to enforce those provisions in our contract, you are responsible for legal fees, lost earnings, and punitive damages if the law allows despite the fact that we didn't perform one second of the services that we were contracted to provide. Now I don't know or care about the particulars of this situation, other than to point out the difference between so-called common sense and common contract law.

Quote:
So you started a thread based on conjecture?

Sounds like you are judging people based on your opinion of them, without really knowing the facts.

Sounds prejudiced to me.

Way to go!
Sounds quite ignorant and biased to me but I'm not exactly surprised.

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Las Vegas resort sues tea party group over hotel bill - News - ReviewJournal.com

Quote:
According to a contract attached to the complaint, the reservation included an agreement by Tea Party Nation to pay the resort $579,148 in the event of a cancellation, of which the resort alleges the group still owes $554,148. An 18 percent interest charge added $87,996 to the amount the resort wants to collect.

When the complainant has a contract, I'd presume they'd also have accounting records of what has been paid to date, if they're willing to sue.

But someone broke a contract. Over a thousand rooms that the resort couldn't reserve for people who aren't deadbeats. And apparently they have only paid a small fraction of the cancellation fee.

Aside: I heard today that one in five Arizonans is on Medicaid. The "cut everyone else's entitlements" state. And they're the ones who voted to expand coverage in 2000.
Ouch!! But but but,........

Old 07-26-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post

So what are the details of the contract? Anyone have this info? It sure would make this an easy thread to figure out.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
That may be common sense but it ain't contract law. When you contract with us we obviously have to take a pass on jobs scheduled for the same day, week, month or whatever, so our contract requires forfeiture of deposit and in some cases the full payment due to untimely cancelations. If we have to sue to recoup those costs, we naturally would demand the inclusion of any legal fees lost income, and damages that the law will allow. That can add up to a nice chunk of change.
So you know the details of the contract related to this article? What are they?

Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
So you will not pass judgment on a group until they have been found guilty in a court of law?

LMFAO.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
Quote:
From the article; According to a contract attached to the complaint, the reservation included an agreement by Tea Party Nation to pay the resort $579,148 in the event of a cancellation, of which the resort alleges the group still owes $554,148. An 18 percent interest charge added $87,996 to the amount the resort wants to collect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies