Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 04:43 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
It's become crystal clear now. The only thing the white republicans are interested in is saying NO to everything Obama puts out there. IOW, they want him out at any and all costs even if it means the ruin of this nation. I know if Obama were (all) white things would be different. BTW, I am white.

When blacks criticize Bush, are they racist?

When 95% of blacks support another black person, are they racist?

When Obama sits in a racist church listening to anti-white venom for twenty years, is he a racist?

When even blacks and Hispanics abandon Obama, are they racists?

Obama losing support even among black and Hispanic voters, poll shows - NYPOST.com

Denying what we all know to be true doesn't change the facts.

The left and right both criticized Bush, and rightly so. He was a big spender who should have done more to avert the sub-prime collapse than just sending Snow to Capital Hill to lobby for a replacement for OFHEO and issue warnings to people who weren't listening. He should have done more to control the Democrat's wild spending, and he certainly could have brought our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan after their mission was accomplished.

Having said all that, we still cannot ignore what has happened over the past two years in which Obama, Pelosi and Reed have had carte blanche. Knowing that, and realizing how much more money has been spent under Obama than even Bush, what is better under Obama?

Unemployment never reached 10.8% during this recession as it did from the 1981-82 recession, but under Reagan, more than six million jobs were created in the following two years and unemployment fell by 3.6%, inflation fell 10 points, the inflation adjusted price of gas decreased dramatically, GDP was as high as 9.3% and the dollar reached its all time high in May of 1984.

You could find a job in those days, and with your earnings you could live comfortably. Today jobs are as scarce as ever, the dollar is as weak as ever, gas is $4/gal and inflation is on the rise.

The truth is, Obama could not have entered office at a better time. All he had to do what not screw anything up while we waited for the economy to improve on its own clearing the way for him to take full credit for something which would have happened no matter who was president, but that wasn't good enough for the idiot. He decided to reward his supporters with a trillion borrowed dollars worth of pork. His plan was to take even more credit for the natural and inevitable consequence of an economic downturn by spending a lot of money and claiming he "stimulated" the economy. The only problem was there were no jobs for which to take credit.

Now he's exposed for being the fraud he truly is and always has been, and you're claiming racism. Hilarious!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:40 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
While our Congress is not the House of Commons, I remember that moment and he was totally out of line.

Obama wants to balance the budget on the backs of Americans by raising taxes during a recession instead of cutting programs which should be cut.

They're playing a dangerous game of chicken like James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause, it's like a staring contest to see who blinks first.
Totally false, all the proposals put forth by President Obama focus on closing tax loopholes for corporations that are making record proftis, and the highest income Americans that have done better than anybody else in the economy in the past 30 years and the same time cutting government spending.

It's the Republicans that are being unreasonable by not agreeing to ANY closing of tax loopholes.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
It's become crystal clear now. The only thing the white republicans are interested in is saying NO to everything Obama puts out there. IOW, they want him out at any and all costs even if it means the ruin of this nation. I know if Obama were (all) white things would be different. BTW, I am white.
You are grasping here with the race card because you have nothing else to hang onto.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The problem is Obama hasn't put anything out there. He has presented no plan for reducing the debt. He just makes speeches, criticizes, holds meetings and asks committees to look into things and then doesn't take their recommendations. You should ask yourself why is it when the Democrats controlled the House, the Senate and the White House, they did NOTHING with regard to presenting a budget or raising the debt limit. And, the last budget the White House put out got ZERO votes. That's right, no Democrat voted for Obama's budget, either.
That's another lie put out by the Conservatives. President Obama put out debt reduction plan on April 13th 2011 that reduces the deficit by 4 trillion dollars over 12 years.

Deficit hawks: Not too bad, Mr. President

Quote:
By Jeanne Sahadi, senior writer
April 14, 2011: 5:44 AM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- He may have taken his time to join the brewing debate about how to reduce long-term U.S. debt. But President Obama got some kudos from deficit hawks for the broad debt reduction framework he laid out on Wednesday.
You can read the full text of his debt reduction plan here:

Text of President Obama's Debt Reduction Speech

I don't mind people having disagreements about polticial issues. But what is it about Conservatives that they have to constantly lie, misinform, and remain ignorant of factual information?

Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
The only one who cares about race are those on the left. They see people as members of groups, not as individuals. MLK would he horrified by their actions.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:52 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
That's another lie put out by the Conservatives. President Obama put out debt reduction plan on April 13th 2011 that reduces the deficit by 4 trillion dollars over 12 years.

Deficit hawks: Not too bad, Mr. President

You can read the full text of his debt reduction plan here:

Text of President Obama's Debt Reduction Speech

I don't mind people having disagreements about polticial issues. But what is it about Conservatives that they have to constantly lie, misinform, and remain ignorant of factual information?
Lol, that is not a plan, it is a speech. Obama has never presented a plan.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The Civil War ended in 1865. I guess you didnt get the memo.
From an ideological standpoint many people haven't. People are still arguing over issues like state's rights, nullification, and the federal governmnet having too much power. The irony here is many of these people have no problem when their state receives economic, disaster relief or any other type of aid from the federal government.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post

He has gotten politically boring .. and America does not re-elect boring presidents.

I can't think of a more boring group of people than Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty, Ron Paul, John Huntsman,, Newt Gingrich and Herman Cain. As for Michele Bachman she's more entertaining than anything else with her utter ignorance, bigotry and stupidity .

Old 07-27-2011, 06:59 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
It was crystal clear long ago that If Obama had been white he would have never become the President in the first place.

It's racist thinking like yours that is responsible for putting a supremely unqualified man into the Oval Office. I've never seen a President with more of a look of "WTF am I doing here" on his face than this one.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 07-27-2011 at 07:16 AM..

Old 07-27-2011, 07:02 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
When all else fails (and yes, everything Democrats have tried recently has failed miserably) resort to the race card since you have no other defense for this poor choice in political candidates.

You supported Obama, you voted for Obama and you continue to defend Obama so stop trying to blame his massive failures on some false claim of racism and accept that you've failed again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies