Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 11:18 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,164,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Those who want Jim Crow Laws, but can't have it, would love the second best option... laws that prevent them from practicing what Jim Crow was about be-gone.
I doubt it, they don't want to have the publicity. Most racist love being able to hide under the rock of "equal access" they proudly display. They make a lot more money from those of us who gleefully are duped into believing laws restrict their feelings and behavior.

Personally I would much rather know who the racists are, I don't like knowing that they get my money.

Back in Orange County CA when The Shack started having neo-Nazi bands and rallies (complete with Tom Metzger goos stepping in the pit), they were happily taking money from people who did not know about their racist support.

Once we found out and started protesting them along with full media coverage, they lost a lot of business. The Nazis didn't like our protests either, at one point a truck full Nazi's tried to hit us on the sidewalk, missing people by about a foot.

I would much rather know who the racists are. To others, ignorance is bliss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 08:46 AM

37,942 posts, read 17,727,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
So you have to go back about 330 years in ONE of the original thirteen colonies. And what's that word in the title "Experiment".

Furher proof of my earlier assertion that libertariism has NEVER been a widely adopted political philosophy.

However the article was really interesting from a historical standpoint.

Thanks for sharing!
And you can continue to observe the experiment in American whereby we were set up to run our own lives but instead have slowly become slaves to a government that sees no problem letting us decide on important things like religion but decides for us our daily activities.

Government running our lives from cradle to grave with immoral laws was not the founders intention.
You can defend the government if you like. The one that steals money and incarcerates its citizens even when they do not infringe on the rights of others. The government that kills hundreds of thousands of innocent people in the Middle East under the guise of helping them attain democracy. The government that puts people behind bars because they were Japanese. Not because they did anything wrong but because they were Japanese. Amazing to me, after all the examples through history, our government has shown itself to be immoral yet some think otherwise.

WAKE UP!!

Old 08-02-2011, 08:55 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,903,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Government running our lives from cradle to grave with immoral laws was not the founders intention.

You can defend the government if you like. The one that steals money and incarcerates its citizens even when they do not infringe on the rights of others. The government that kills hundreds of thousands of innocent people in the Middle East under the guise of helping them attain democracy. The government that puts people behind bars because they were Japanese. Not because they did anything wrong but because they were Japanese. Amazing to me, after all the examples through history, our government has shown itself to be immoral yet some think otherwise.

WAKE UP!!
I wish for once that those that love their country would actually read the history of the United States instead of the mythology.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If it's open to the public, it's open to ALL the public, she says. (I do not appreciate being talked about in the third person.)

The problem with modern-day Libertarianism, IMO, is that many of its adherents are simply too young to have known what this country was like in the pre-civil rights era. People spouting nonsense like, "If a business didn't serve blacks, people would boycott it", simply have no idea what was going on in the US at the time. This ridiculous (meaning worthy of ridicule) idea that Jim Crow laws were somehow forced onto southern (and other at times) business owners by state legislatures is laughable. The legislatures were passing laws that reflected the will of the people.
You are incorrect about the passing of Jim Crow laws. It wasn't the will of the people. It was the will of government. The people operating the businesses didn't want those laws. The busing companies counted on minorities. The businesses that didn't want to serve minorities were already doing that. They didn't need the laws to tell them they could do what they were already doing.

Just another example of government forcing it's will on the people to usurp the rights of the individual.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:56 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,708,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I doubt it, they don't want to have the publicity. Most racist love being able to hide under the rock of "equal access" they proudly display...
Why was this not an issue until after Civil Rights?

Old 08-02-2011, 09:05 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,179,658 times
Quote:
You are incorrect about the passing of Jim Crow laws. It wasn't the will of the people. It was the will of government. The people operating the businesses didn't want those laws. The busing companies counted on minorities. The businesses that didn't want to serve minorities were already doing that. They didn't need the laws to tell them they could do what they were already doing.

Just another example of government forcing it's will on the people to usurp the rights of the individual.
Baloney! Who elected these people that passed those laws?

Old 08-02-2011, 09:06 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,903,269 times
Quote:
It wasn't the will of the people. It was the will of government. The people operating the businesses didn't want those laws. The busing companies counted on minorities. The businesses that didn't want to serve minorities were already doing that. They didn't need the laws to tell them they could do what they were already doing.

Just what sorts of fools and historical idiots do you take us for? Upon losing his first election for governor George Wallace ran on a relatively racial liberal platform, Wallace declared that he would never be out n----gered again!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:13 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,487,811 times
If the Jim Crow laws were not the will of the people, there wouldn't have been so much protesting in the streets during the CRM by people who wanted to maintain the status quo.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:

Old 08-02-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I wish for once that those that love their country would actually read the history of the United States instead of the mythology.
I wish for once that those who ovcatto would actually study the beliefs and foundations from the ACTUAL WORDS of the founders history. "Gee I'm smart, I know what they really really meant and by the way I'm not saying this just so I can control others lives and profit." pfft

Tell me again how we were founded on mob rule?
Tell me again how we were founded on the principle that force and coercion is how to grow a nation?
Funny how all these "smart" people want to run our lives when countless examples show these same policies don't work and often turn out to be no more than a ponzi scheme.

Can we keep doing more of the same? Can we keep doing what has proven, time after time after time, to not work. YES WE CAN! See, if you say it enough it's true.
LMAO People who ovcatto are truly lost.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Just what sorts of fools and historical idiots do you take us for? Upon losing his first election for governor George Wallace ran on a relatively racial liberal platform, Wallace declared that he would never be out n----gered again!
Countless examples of businesses wanting to serve whomever they want, including minorities yet YOU seem to think they didn't? LMAO Your word is better than the actual word of the business owners??? What sort of fools do you take people for that they would believe YOUR word over the individuals who actually said different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies