Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 03:27 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
God is all our Creator. These are HIS Words..

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Scratch a homophobe, find a fundamentalist. No surprise there. In many ways the world is still as flat as it was in Galileo's time. I take some comfort in the observation that atheism is on the rise and nowhere near as taboo as it used to be. Slowly, but surely blind faith in the supernatural is losing its place as the paragon of human virtue as mankind takes its first steps out of infancy with science lighting a path haunted by eons of darkness.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:34 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
WRONG! - Males don't choose to be attracted to females , and vice versa. it is the 'Natural' process. It's Normal.
Then show me your PROOF that males CHOOSE to be attracted to males.

Your statement more proves my point than not.

It would appear to me, by this reasoning, that men being attracted to men is also normal and natural, and those who are are simply in the minority.

For what ever reason and by whatever biological mechanism it's chosen to do so, nature has made being homosexual a natural state of sexual orientation. You don't know why or for what, and neither do I, but you don't get to "choose" the laws of nature or how it operates any more than anybody else.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:56 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Morally wrong and feeling emotionally bad are different than being legally wrong.

Are you advocating for prosecuting adulterers too?
I've never suggested we prosecute gay people. It's an immoral behavior, but like polygamists, we shouldn't create legislation to suit them.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:19 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Last post for a while - gotta get ready for my shopping trip. But, I'll be back - I just love telling the ones who are so convinced that homosexuality is some kind of "activity" or "choice" just how wrong they are.

Move over andrea! It's over!

Old 07-31-2011, 04:32 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Saying someone looks like a fool is not name-calling. And if you want to talk about emotional, check out the OP and all his rants on homosexuality.

We are here on this thread b/c the OP got on his soapbox yet again and stated something false about homosexuality. Now he's spinning it so he doesn't look as bad. This whole thing is just getting so stupid it's not even worth my time, although the ignorance is giving me a chuckle.

Nobody has yet posted any studies that supposedly clearly show it's not a choice. Even if I chose to continue with this thread, I would never see anybody post any "studies showing it is clearly not a choice."
Ranting? Have you read your posts?

How do you know it's false? People are speaking from their experience. Are you gay? Did YOU choose to be that way? You stated that this is not worth your time because it is stupid, yet you continued to post. [SIZE=3]http://www.newscientist.com/channel/sex/dn14146-gay-brains-structured-like-those-of-the-oppo...[/SIZE]

Old 07-31-2011, 05:13 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
No....I answered. It doesn't matter what you think is right or good. The behavior is wrong. That's it. As an example, It doesn't matter how much I like women--if I cheat on my wife I'm wrong.
You didn't answer my question at all. I asked:

Quote:
Why is it wrong for my husband and I to have sex with each other?
Your "answer" was :

Quote:
There are a lot of men that think it's good to have 3 girlfriends in addition to their wife. Doesn't mean it's right.

There are also pedophiles that think it's natural for them to love kids....but it's not right.
You didn't even attempt to answer my question. You deflected and addressed something off topic. I'll ask again. Why is it wrong for my husband and I to have sex? Why is that behavior wrong?

Old 07-31-2011, 06:07 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Default Religious views

I think we should be tolerant and respectful of people who are different from ourselves or hold a different point of view.

Some people object to homosexual behavior because of religious views they hold. It is their right. Some people would rather starve than eat pork because of their religious views, others will wear only special undergarments because of their religious views, and still others refuse to cut their hair and will wear a steel bracelet on their wrist because of their religious views. These people have an absolute right to observe these customs.

If one does not try to force one's religious views on the rest of us, I think we can live together in peace.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:08 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
LOL Unfortunately I can't help but see the topics posted on C-D, even if I have someone on ignore (which, I do not have the OP on ignore yet). I'm living my own life but ya know what? I'm not shoving my objectionable, unnatural lifestyle in someone else's face when I know they don't want to hear about it. I don't start threads just to get a rise out of people. I don't spew lies with no facts to back them up, like the OP has. My main goal on this site is not to bring attention to the homosexual cause (or any other), like it seems with the OP, who seems to rarely post on anything other than threads about being gay. Seems there is an agenda here.

If people continue to post defensive trollish threads about homosexuality, you will never see a decrease in people complaining about gay threads. If one could be done in an honest fashion that intends to spur a discussion rather than pitting one side against the other, that would be a totally different story.
Actually, the bolded is what I saw as the "intention" of the OP. He posted his honest belief that homosexuality is a trait rather than a lifestyle and asked why some people insist on calling it a lifestyle. I gave him my opinion on that question with my first post here this morning. And, in the earliest replies, I saw many who share my opinion, though they used different wording than I did.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:09 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
You didn't answer my question at all. I asked:

Your "answer" was :

You didn't even attempt to answer my question. You deflected and addressed something off topic. I'll ask again. Why is it wrong for my husband and I to have sex? Why is that behavior wrong?
still looking for those gay genes study links????

Old 07-31-2011, 06:12 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times
Quote:
Saying someone looks like a fool is not name-calling. And if you want to talk about emotional, check out the OP and all his rants on homosexuality.

We are here on this thread b/c the OP got on his soapbox yet again and stated something false about homosexuality. Now he's spinning it so he doesn't look as bad. This whole thing is just getting so stupid it's not even worth my time, although the ignorance is giving me a chuckle.

Nobody has yet posted any studies that supposedly clearly show it's not a choice. Even if I chose to continue with this thread, I would never see anybody post any "studies showing it is clearly not a choice."

You are correct if you are stating that there is not yet definitive smoking gun evidence for biological same sex attraction, however there is quite a good bit of circumstantial evidence pointing in that direction. There are twin studies, chromosome linkage studies, epigenetics studies, birth order studies, phermone studies, and studies of brain structure to name a few. You can get a good synopsis of all these studies at wikipedia: Biology and sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia then you can link to more in-depth articles even though it is not very likely that you will.

In considering whether or not definitive evidence proves that homosexuality is not a choice it is important to remember one of science's old axioms: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Also, the trouble with claiming that it is "common sense" that homosexuality is a choice, as you have done throughout this thread, is the reality that common sense is even less reliable than the anecdotal evidence that many have thus far spoken so critically of. After all, it was once common sense that the world was flat and that the Sun revolved around the Earth. Nobody who is as well versed in the rudiments of the scientific method as you claim to be would ever make an appeal to common sense as evidence of anything. Sorry, but you're not passing the smell test here.

In conclusion I would ask you a simple question: considering the fact that there is at least some evidence that homosexuality is hardwired and conversely no evidence at all that it is a choice, which is the more rational position to take?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies