Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 09:49 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Who are you to speak for the "Will of the Peopel".
The point is the Senate should debate, amend and vote on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 10:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Who are you to speak for the "Will of the Peopel". The only thing CC&B is the will of the Republican Caucus in Congress.

The overwhelming majority of polls taken show the American people want approach that involves a compromise that includes raising revenue and cutting spending. But the Republcan Caucus in the House has consistently ignored that.

It has support from both sides of the isle in the house

Old 07-29-2011, 10:54 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,078,767 times
Quote:
Who are you to speak for the "Will of the Peopel". The only thing CC&B is the will of the Republican Caucus in Congress.

The overwhelming majority of polls taken show the American people want approach that involves a compromise that includes raising revenue and cutting spending. But the Republcan Caucus in the House has consistently ignored that.
I will repeat again since it seems to escape many people who "want to be nice."

NO! Never compromise on anything that is right or wrong.

Only compromise on what really doesn't have a right or wrong, just a majority preference.

To compromise on an issue that is absolutely right is a cop out/sell out...whatever you want to call it. Same goes for compromising on an issue that is absolutely wrong.

The Republicans on this issue and especially the Tea Party voters are correct to stop increasing spending, cut all spending to the point where we do not spend more than we take in, always work within a balanced budget and until the deficit is paid off, payment on the principle of the deficit must be added into the balanced budget.

The Dems are way off base on this issue at this time. I do wish we had stopped this deficit crap when FDR abused it, but BO has really screwed up.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:54 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

‪Sen. Rand Paul on Fox Business w/ Lou Dobbs - 07/20/11‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-29-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:

Polls have shown that 66% of Americans support CC&B. It has been posted in this forum previously so do your own search for the link. CC&B does raise revenue by cutting some major tax credits/deductions. What Obammunists want is only to "raise taxes on the rich" without cutting spending in any meaningful way. Spending cuts need to be effectiv immediately, not 10 years down the road by attritions already projected by the CBO (a.k.a Reid's supposed $1Trillion saved from Iraq/Afghanistan).

The US House is basically regarded as reflecting "the will of the people". When a bill passes the US House in a bipartisan manner as did CC&B, the Senate owes the people of the US the respect to give it an up or down vote; or, to amend it and send it back to the House for reconsideration. Harry Reid did not allow this process to happen. He is being the ultimate obstructionist in this process and second only to Obama in that obstructionism.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:25 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
What does it mean? It means the Obammunists don't give a damn what the American people want as reflected by the passage in the House by a bipartisan group of 234 Representatives of the people.

Have you been calling your Senators demanding they bring this off the table? I have. Suggest calling all of them, repeatedly.

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

I have, i am driving them crazy i hope. I get emails back, why this possibly cannot happen. Whatever Obama wants my Senator wants. I do every day, and get the same damn email back, that problably my Senator did not even give my letter a thought. Everyone needs to send letters or emails to there Senators.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:29 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When a bill is tabled, in one house, after passing in the other house, what does that say to the American people?

Here you have Harry Reid, with C,C &B Tabled....

Not because he doesn't have the votes to pass it. He doesn't have the no votes not to pass it. Even Obama knows this.
Why not bring it to the floor and have a debate & vote, instead of Harry saying it won't pass and there it sits on his desk??

The politicking is amazing from Dirty Harry.
That's pretty much what the Repblicans did with the bipartisan bill from last December. No debate, no vote, no nothing.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I have, i am driving them crazy i hope. I get emails back, why this possibly cannot happen. Whatever Obama wants my Senator wants. I do every day, and get the same damn email back, that problably my Senator did not even give my letter a thought. Everyone needs to send letters or emails to there Senators.
E-mails and letters are easier to ignore than is the ringing phone and angry voices. Tie up the phone lines so they cannot do anything else.

Editied to add: phone lines must be slow, I got through to Harry Reid's office and told them what I thought of his games.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 07-29-2011 at 12:38 PM..

Old 07-30-2011, 06:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
He wants his bill to be a simple up and down vote!!

In your dreams Harry!

Bring the C,C & B to the floor with a simple up or down vote, if that is the case!

The problem here people, is Harry Reid... Tabled another bill last night.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:07 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When a bill is tabled, in one house, after passing in the other house, what does that say to the American people?

Here you have Harry Reid, with C,C &B Tabled....

Not because he doesn't have the votes to pass it. He doesn't have the no votes not to pass it. Even Obama knows this.
Why not bring it to the floor and have a debate & vote, instead of Harry saying it won't pass and there it sits on his desk??

The politicking is amazing from Dirty Harry.
I am so sick of hearing how the "Republicans must compromise" and yet they have tabled TWO of the Republican bills- wont even open them up for debate! Where the hell is the compromise?!

And I am NOT for Cut, Cap and Balance because it would still allow the debt ceiling to be raised (which allows MORE spending) Spending needs to STOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies