Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 02:14 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I'll help you out...

1) Republicans said spending cuts to offset the deficit...
2) Democrats said NO... we don't want to cut spending...
3) Wall street and other countries says you better cut spending or else...
4) Democrats said Okay... we'll cut spending...
5) Republicans tried to write a bill with Democrats but the far-left want more revenue....
6) No deal was made and Republicans tried Cut, Cap, and Balance...
7) Democrats did not pass that Budget bill for purely partisan rhetoric... Budget bill killed ONCE by democrats...
8) Gang of Six made a bill, and BOTH democrats and republicans are okay with it.... except Obama... Budget bill killed TWICE by democrats...
9) Republicans said they have a spending bill and Obama REFUSES to go along with the budget bill unless Obama gets HIS agenda...
10) Both democrats and republicans draw up two separate bills..
11) Democrats said "whatever" the Republican bill is, its DOA.. Budget bill killed THREE times by democrats...
12) Here we are... who is doing the obstructing? who is doing the no compromise? Its one thing to say on TV but actions speak louder than words... except if you are liberal and believe everything the democrats say (which we have a lot of, in here)....
You could have saved a lot of time by just simply saying: The President wanted a clean bill on raising the debt ceiling without all of this other stuff, and the TParty said no - and then you pick which version of events you want to believe. The fact is that we would not be here and we could get out of here with a clean bill of one paragraph to raise the debt ceiling, but the TParty refuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 02:15 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Any bill that only benefits the GoP or requires a Constitutional Amendment 4 days before the Debt deadline is DoA.

But then you guys seem to be under the delusion that voting down a worthless bill that can't be implemented like Cut, Cap, and Balance means the Dems are being uncompromising meanies.
You telling me that "spending within your means" is something that no liberal wants? And then you tell me you want to reduce the deficit?? Are you mad? What kind of compromise is that?

Old 07-29-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
They already compromised, they took 0bamaCare off the table.

BTW, "compromise" is what got us the $10 trillion in debt 0bama "inherited" and then 0bama gave us $4 trillion more in three short years.

So what are we supposed to compromise with? 0bama has added $1 trillion to the federal budget as baseline spending, and then adds $1.5 trillion in deficit spending on top of that, and we can't even get him to cut half of it.

A compromise would be 0bama agreeing to cutting $5 trillion in federal spending over ten years, and, at 0bama's spending rate, that would still see and increase the national debt of about $7 trillion.
The T Party will not agree to raise the debt ceiling. They have said this over and over again. There is no compromising with them.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You could have saved a lot of time by just simply saying: The President wanted a clean bill on raising the debt ceiling without all of this other stuff, and the TParty said no - and then you pick which version of events you want to believe. The fact is that we would not be here and we could get out of here with a clean bill of one paragraph to raise the debt ceiling, but the TParty refuses.
You are right... lets just raise the debt ceiling and don't do ANYTHING to manage our spending problem... who on earth would have a problem with that?

Old 07-29-2011, 02:17 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,697,746 times
Quote:
Who said NO tax increases? Republicans... Do you want your taxes to go up? Sorry, neither do I... they represent America, ALL of America, not just YOU... They were BOTH fine with closing loopholes, so you need to pay attention a bit more... Who said NO to Obama's spending cuts? Strangely, Obama NEVER had a plan... who walked away from the negotiating table 3 times because the other person REFUSED to back down? Gee wonder... Unfortunately for you there is more than one side of your viewpoint... I know you hate it...
Spoken like a true Tea Partier.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:18 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
You telling me that "spending within your means" is something that no liberal wants? And then you tell me you want to reduce the deficit?? Are you mad? What kind of compromise is that?
What are you talking about? I'm not saying we shouldn't reduce spending. I'm saying the dumb CCB Bill that the House knew would be shot down was not a legitimte bill. The House did not pass it as a compromise, they passed it for political reasons, knowing the Senate would not agree to it. Passing a bill with an Amendment requirement 2 weeks before default is absurdly retarded.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
The T Party will not agree to raise the debt ceiling. They have said this over and over again. There is no compromising with them.
Wrong again.. they were wiling to raise the debt ceiling if you had a plan to SERIOUSLY manage your spending problem... apparently you think an unlimited debt ceiling is a good thing... that is until you can't pay the interest on the debt anymore because you borrowed to much... do you even REALIZE how painful it would be at that point? Do you have ANY clue at all? Cause it doesn't seem like it...

Old 07-29-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
You are right... lets just raise the debt ceiling and don't do ANYTHING to manage our spending problem... who on earth would have a problem with that?
You are missing the point completely. There is nothing that they will agree on that raises the debt ceiling other than an amendment to the Constitution so basically there is nothing. So why are we even talking. They are resolute. They will not raise the debt ceiling. I can cite you over and over where they have said this. You are talking about things we can compromise on, and they are saying NO COMPROMISE.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
What are you talking about? I'm not saying we shouldn't reduce spending. I'm saying the dumb CCB Bill that the House knew would be shot down was not a legitimte bill. The House did not pass it as a compromise, they passed it for political reasons, knowing the Senate would not agree to it. Passing a bill with an Amendment requirement 2 weeks before default is absurdly retarded.
So you telling me it is "dumb" because it was not legitimate.. and the reason it is not legitimate is because they require a Balance budget amendment 2 weeks before default... so you are telling me what exactly? No Balance budget because you don't want one or to do it "down the road" BS... right... BS again... I am tired of your deceitful rhetoric...

Old 07-29-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
You are missing the point completely. There is nothing that they will agree on that raises the debt ceiling other than an amendment to the Constitution so basically there is nothing. So why are we even talking. They are resolute. They will not raise the debt ceiling. I can cite you over and over where they have said this. You are talking about things we can compromise on, and they are saying NO COMPROMISE.
Unfortunately for you it is the POLITICIANS who makes these decisions and they have ALREADY voted FOR it... meaning debt ceiling RAISED... so you missed the truth completely...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies