Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 03:05 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The T Party never wanted to compromise on raising the Debt Ceiling and you know it. They have been saying that all alone. Tell me I am wrong and I can provide you with cites to show that I am right. You can't win this argument, but I would like you to see what I am talking about.
And now they do. What's your point? They've turned out to be quite flexible on the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 03:05 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
The Lunatic fringe, economic terrorists, Tea party looks something like this.
Better to die free than be well off as a slave.

Freedom, there is no compromise.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:07 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
You be ashamed of yourself for supporting them. They are economic terrorists. There goal is tear down the govt. and start out fresh to remake it into something that think existed 200 years ago. Is this wrong. Have I been listening to the wrong Tea Partiers?
I suppose if you are government centered, then I can see why you call the Tea Party terrorists - because this is an attack on government and its interests.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I would gladly take a small tax hike if ObamaCare was on the chopping block.
You know what, that would be sensible compromise in my opinion, but only if it was repealed.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:08 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You should be ashamed of yourself for making ignorant statements like that. I can understand if you don't agree with people's political stance but to call a group of AMERICANS "terrorists" just because you don't like them and you're angry that they won't give in to your political desires is offensive and shows a complete lack of integrity. You should be ashamed of yourself, seriously.
Why should he be ashamed, the right calls Liberals anti-american terrorist lovers all the time. Do you denounce them when they do that too?

Old 07-29-2011, 03:11 PM

Why hasn't the Senate passed anything yet? Is Reid afraid of something?

Old 07-29-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Why should he be ashamed, the right calls Liberals anti-american terrorist lovers all the time. Do you denounce them when they do that too?
They should quit loving terrorists.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:13 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I don't just support them, I'm one of them and I have no goal of tearing down the gov. and starting over... yes, you apparently have been listening to the wrong people.

I'm a hard working, tax paying American citizen who fought for my country and cares about it's future. We may have differences of opinions on that future but for you to call me a terrorist is offensive and moronic.
The United States is the most stable economic system in the world. Other countries use our currency because of its stability we are the world economic powerhouse. The Tea Party is attempting to destroy that by not raising the debt ceiling. Like you. I don't believe that most have any idea of the impact that this would cause. You know what it is possible that you guys are right and raising the debt ceiling has no impact. What if your wrong. The fact is that no one really knows the total impact for sure because nobody has been stupid enough to test it before. It is a dangerous game.

"I'm a hard working, tax paying American citizen who fought for my country and cares about it's future." So am I. I have never received one penny from the govt. except for military pay. I depend on my customers to have money to pay me. Many have to take out loans to pay me. My family depends on me bringing in money. SO I guess I take it personally, when some ideology is trying to destroy my very way of life. I have generation after generation of ancestors that go back to the founding fathers who have fought and died for this country and I will not sit back and let a whole ideology destroy it.

There needs to be change, but it can't be all at once. We need to pull back, but it has to be a soft landing and not a crash, which may send the whole world economy upside down.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:17 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Apparently, that little item is not so little? I don't have a cartoon so I'm not sure you'll get it but...the world doen't end on Aug 2. If they agreed to a balanced budget deal on that date we would still be fine for the 2 weeks it took to pass it.

We have been told our credit rating will fall if we don't raise the debt ceiling but ALSO if we don't rein in spending. If we raise the ceiling without cutting to the point that we are still spending more than we take in we have our credit rating drop anyway. I don't understand why this is so tough for some people to get. Those on the right know that if we raise the ceiling without the cuts we are going to tumble with the credit rating.
Earth to you people. The Balanced Budget Amendment will NEVER pass. The Senate will not agree to it, and 3/4 of the State Legislatures will not agree to it. We're talking about the hardest thing to change in the entire framework of the United States government. Constitutional Amendments do not get signed in a few days.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:18 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Why hasn't the Senate passed anything yet? Is Reid afraid of something?
Because Republicans already said they would filibuster anything he puts on the table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies