Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 11:31 AM

46,187 posts, read 26,929,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Then why the need to raise debt ceiling... 18 times under Reagan and 7 times under Bush?

As we have been told MANY MANY other times by lefties...no need to bring up the past, this is current day.......

Oh wait, another leftist rule....tell righties to not bring up the past, but it's o.k. for lefties to do it when the need is there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 11:32 AM

4,396 posts, read 4,894,765 times
Quote:
Then why the need to raise debt ceiling... 18 times under Reagan and 7 times under Bush?
Shouldn't have. Blame it on the internet. During Reagan, I was in elementary to college and I didn't have time to follow the day to day details of government. Since getting the internet in the 90's, I've started following closer and closer how screwed up most people in government are.

In this case, now that we have a crisis why let it go to waste?

Old 07-29-2011, 11:32 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,241,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
At this point the only way Obama can stay in office following November 2012 is to create mahem, declare an emergency, cancel the election, and pronounce himself Dictator like his buddy Chavez. Nothing would surprise me when it comes to this man occupying the Oval Office.
He doesn't even need to do that. He can simply making your vote transparent to agencies so that you're audited by the IRS, BATFE, etc more often if you don't vote Democrat. Of course, it's a PR problem to announce this sort of behavior so it's best to use tactics like labeling non-Democrats "guntoting tax cheat" to help make auditing you more often seem plausible.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:33 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,836,136 times
Quote:
Democrat Congress, that is why. Try to learn from the mistakes of the past and focus on the present legislation. I know there are many bitter clingers among Obammunists, but try.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:34 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,751,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
As we have been told MANY MANY other times by lefties...no need to bring up the past, this is current day.......

Oh wait, another leftist rule....tell righties to not bring up the past, but it's o.k. for lefties to do it when the need is there...
I know, the past can hurt...

Ostrich-syndrome at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Shouldn't have. Blame it on the internet. During Reagan, I was in elementary to college and I didn't have time to follow the day to day details of government. Since getting the internet in the 90's, I've started following closer and closer how screwed up most people in government are.

In this case, now that we have a crisis why let it go to waste?
I guess that is the point in opposition right now? As for Reagan and previous administrations that engaged in debt ceiling issues and raising them every single time had less clue about why, then you.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:36 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,129,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
He doesn't even need to do that. He can simply making your vote transparent to agencies so that you're audited by the IRS, BATFE, etc more often if you don't vote Democrat. Of course, it's a PR problem to announce this sort of behavior so it's best to use tactics like labeling non-Democrats "guntoting tax cheat" to help make auditing you more often seem plausible.
If he did it would be the only thing he's done that involves "transparency".

Old 07-29-2011, 11:42 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,321,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You have no idea what you are posting about do you? You haven't even read the bill's text or you would not be posting this ignorant information.

Step 1) google the bill

Step 2) Read the bill, its fairly short.

Step 3) edit your post to reflect the truth

Step 4) Carry on.
hotair2 didn't say the bill was imaginary...ha2 said it was a sham.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:54 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,995,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Isn't Rand Paul a Dentist? Where did he get his economic degree.

Just be intellectually honest about it.
Open your eyes - Rand Paul is an Opthamologist
I'm beginning to wonder where anyone on the hill
got their economic degree. I thought Rand Paul
was being very honest. We need a balanced budget
amendment at the federal level. Raising the debt
ceiling would not be an issue if we spent the taxpayer's
money with accountability, and restraint; this is something
most regular folks do each and every day.

Like a drug addict, if this was my House, Congress would
have had intervention and tough love a long time ago.

*Ron Paul is exempt from economic stupidity
on the hill

Old 07-29-2011, 11:59 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,639,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The Tea Party - AKA Lunatic Fringe, AKA Economic Terrorists have been saying this all the time, but nobody was listening...least of all the Republican party. They never intended on voting to raise the debt ceiling. "That is not what they were elected to do". There intent from the very beginning is to completely wreck the economy. "Tear it down, and start from scratch". We have heard this over and over again from them, but we thought they were just postering. NO, they are in fact crazy.

THe CC&B bill is a sham. You introduce a bill that requires a Constitutional Amendment within 2 weeks of a deadline. This is not a serious bill. It is like an employer offering a person a job, but the requirement is that they have to be able to jump the grand canyon barefoot. They were never serious about wanting to raise the debt ceiling.

We need to completely cut them out of the equation and sane americans need to start working together to fix the problem not matter which side of the aisle that you are on.
Just in case you forgot, the economy was WRECKED before the Tea Party members got elected..

Last edited by mco65; 07-29-2011 at 12:08 PM..

Old 07-29-2011, 12:13 PM

17,389 posts, read 11,922,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
This whole thing is crazy. We just might default when we don't have to because the government is so dysfunctional. I'm shocked.
How will not raising the debt ceiling cause us to default. Default will happen if Obama and Tiny Tim decide to not pay our bills. We have the money. The choice is their's.

The default threat is another lie by the Dems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies