Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 06:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
hahaha, talk about desperate to make a point. So disingenuous.
so you choose my shot at obama raising taxes as a broken campaign promise to try and negate my post? really? does that mean you agree with me that obama has been spending enough to make bush look like a penny pincher?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 06:23 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
One would think that when a POTUS has been in office over 2.5 years that his constitutents would have something positive to rally around in regard to his policies and accomplishment instead of defaulting to race-baiting and lies.
As far as I am concerned Obama is a gutless coward for nnot invoking the 14th Amendment like Harry Truman did. Leaving the troops in Afghanistan and their families unpaid will be the worst blackspot on this country since the Presidents son stealing money from the troops and leaving their homes to be taken during the Gulf War, the Silverado Savings scandal and Neil Bush.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:23 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Default Do Republicans think that American people are stupid?

They hope they are. And further weakened by an extremely short memory. Thing is, if they're wrong about those two things, the GOP is in for a bad stretch.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:09 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
but oh well... Obama is better than McCain.)
He is? It looks like that is becoming less and less so.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:05 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
He is? It looks like that is becoming less and less so.
Under McCain, we would have had pretty much the exact same economic policy, minus the health care bill. Our foreign policy would have been a great deal worse... he would have invovled us much more heavily in Libya, extended our stay in Iraq indefinitely and probably tripled down in Afghanistan. All in all, I still say Obama is better.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:40 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Default Do Republicans think that American people are stupid?

Really? Generally speaking,

Republicans think Americans are smarter about spending their own money than government. And about choosing the performance characteristics of the automobiles they'd like to own. And about deciding what kind of health care plan makes the most sense for their own situations. And about determining how much money, if any, they choose to waste on global warming prevention. And about taking responsibility for their own lives.

Democrats believe the people are stupid, and must be guided, coerced, or taken care of. Although President Obama has compared himself to Abraham Lincoln, his career is a study of the attempt to fool all the people, all of the time.

Your question is hilarious.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:47 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I didn't say that and that's certainly not what I meant, overall we do a very poor job of controlling the choices we get when it comes to voting. I've never in my mid 30s life voted for someone who I didn't consider the least bad candidate.

If you were a little older, you would have been able to vote for Reagan twice, like me.

Since 1984, I have also been voting for the lesser of two evils.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Under McCain, we would have had pretty much the exact same economic policy, minus the health care bill. Our foreign policy would have been a great deal worse... he would have invovled us much more heavily in Libya, extended our stay in Iraq indefinitely and probably tripled down in Afghanistan. All in all, I still say Obama is better.
The lack of knowledge on many liberals is just utterly astounding
The withdraw of Iraq was pretty much following Bushs "timeline", you have absolutely nothing at all to indicate that mcCain would even have bothered with Libya, and Obama did triple down in Afghanistan

Old 07-30-2011, 08:52 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Anyone who think "Joe the Plumber" was a "plant" from a political party is stupid... seriously, your tin-foil hat must be rusting... especially one who seems FANATIC about their political party... makes me wonder if its because its their job or something... for this level of fanaticism...

Old 07-30-2011, 08:56 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The lack of knowledge on many liberals is just utterly astounding
The withdraw of Iraq was pretty much following Bushs "timeline", you have absolutely nothing at all to indicate that mcCain would even have bothered with Libya, and Obama did triple down in Afghanistan
The Republicans were for intervening in Libya until Obama was. Anyone who knows anything about McCain knows that he's never met a war he didn't like. He would have done Libya and then some.

As for Iraq, oh gee, are we following the timeline that Bush negotiated in 2008? Duh. Of course we are. McCain would have twisted more arms to stay longer.

Yes, Obama did plus up the troops in the Afghanistan. But he didn't give the generals as many troops as they wanted. McCain would have given them all they wanted and then some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies