Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 04:04 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times

Advertisements

I have been repeatedly informed that the Tea Party was conducting a revolution as we speck. How's that working out for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 04:05 PM

216 posts, read 57,521 times
And WestCobb, the United States is only united by states, not by people.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:05 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig29 View Post
You misread my post. I was talking about a British invasion to establish the new American government DURING your second civil war. While your busy fighting each other, we help piece things together. And then, if your lucky, we would give you back full control, just like before.
Craig, whatever problems we may have, British intrusion is not welcome and will be treated accordingly.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:07 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Obviously based on what's currently going on in Washington D.C. the answer to that question is clearly NO!

One side has clearly been willing to compromise and negotiate.

The other side has clearly said UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE ACCEPT ANY INCREASE IN TAX REVENUE.

The very premise of our form of government is based on NEGOTIATION AND COMPROMISE to reach an agreement.

Well, as a measured, moderate American, I can say I doubt there will be such from the Tea Party. It is obvious to me that the Bush Tax cuts, coupled with the wars, and the bailouts have exploded the deficit. We need to increas revenues at least temporarily to maintain anything close to solvency and the type of government we all expect. The notion that the only way to make ends meet is to axe the government is a right wing fantasy. But here we are. They are acting outraged that not everyone will follow their delusional math and antigovernment agenda. But that agenda does not speak for most Americans. It is a fascist mentality.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Craig, whatever problems we may have, British intrusion is not welcome and will be treated accordingly.
The British intrusion would be to the benefit of Americans. Times have changed, the Redcoats are long gone. So how should we react when Obama visits Downing Street? Should we get the BNP and EDL to meet him at the airport?

Old 07-30-2011, 04:11 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig29 View Post
The British intrusion would be to the benefit of Americans. Times have changed, the Redcoats are long gone. So how should we react when Obama visits Downing Street? Should we get the BNP and EDL to meet him at the airport?
If I were a Brit, I would still be cursing and frothing at the mouth by Blair's move to drag my country into a war that was extremely unpopular just to appease the U.S. I'm not a Brit though... you react to us however you like.

I like you guys well enough. You are the mother country, and our traditions and customs come from you... so I have a fondness for that. I don't find jokes about any country invading the U.S. any more cute or funny that I find jokes about revolution.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:14 PM

Me to WestCobb, I don't find jokes from the Germans good either. If they commented about 1940, I'd have to set them straight with the facts.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:18 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I do believe a small faction of the Republican party is hoping for a civil uprising.
Actually there are fringe elements of the Conservative Movement that have civil unrest in this country as a core component of their narrative for keeping power.

Remember these are the people that have said "If not ballots, bullets" and "Second Amendment remedies".

Old 07-30-2011, 04:22 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Quote:
If I were a Brit, I would still be cursing and frothing at the mouth by Blair's move to drag my country into a war that was extremely unpopular just to appease the U.S. I'm not a Brit though... you react to us however you like.

I like you guys well enough. You are the mother country, and our traditions and customs come from you... so I have a fondness for that. I don't find jokes about any country invading the U.S. any more cute or funny that I find jokes about revolution.
Umm, excuse me....I'm Native American. They are NOT my mother country. I'm Indigenous and my people were greeting you immigrants when you got off of your immigrant boats.

There are more people in this country than White men with the washed down blood of England.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:24 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,924 times
Quote:
I'm sick and tired of revolutionary talk. Can't we just be loyal Americans? Work together to solve our problems in sensible, measured ways?
You clearly are amiss of the power of greed, corruption and evil in our system.

Thomas Jefferson thinks we are a bunch of ***** cats.

He foretold that we would have to keep the criminal politicians and bankers at bay through REVOLUTION!

The laziness of our predecessors will make our revolt 100x more painful.

There is no going back to APPLE Pie and Chevrolet. We've been sold out.

It will start in the big cities and spread to the suburbs. The country folk are always prepared, and they see it a mile away.

Welcome to the end as we know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies