Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 08:31 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The bond market doesnt open till 9:30 EST, and currency trading doesnt open up till 8:00 EST..

What exactly went up, or are you just outright lying?
Is there a need for disrespect and accusations? I would really like to know, because practically every post you make contains some kind of unfriendly and disrespectful remark.

There are other countries on earth and not all of them are on EST.

Asia Climbs on Debt Deal - WSJ.com

SINGAPORE--Asian shares rallied Monday as U.S. President Barack Obama confirmed a deal to raise the debt ceiling was in place, easing concerns of a possible credit downgrade or default, while the U.S. dollar pushed higher against the Japanese yen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
What plan have you been touting all night?
That does not answer my question. You claimed I had said something i do not recall saying. Which post are you referring to?

Old 07-31-2011, 08:34 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Victory?! Are you kidding me! This will destroy the economy if this bill passes! 900billion worth of cuts over a DECADE is going to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when we are spending more than 1.5T in a year!

Dream on. There will be NO cuts. Spending will increase every year over the next ten years.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:36 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I happily admit I was wrong. The President DID grow a pair and forced the GOP to cave.

He just announced a deal which will raise the debt ceiling, while punting the other things the GOP wanted down the road to a bi-partisan commission.

And, he made the announcment without John Boehner or Mitch McConnell standing by his side! It is HIS victory!

Better yet, it apparently will take Nancy Pelosi to deliver enough Democratic votes in the House to off-set the Tea Partiers who Boehner cannot control.

This is as total a defeat for the GOP as last years election was for the Democrats!
we need more tea party people to run for congress, none of this clowns are serius about cutting spending!!!

Old 07-31-2011, 08:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is there a need for disrespect and accusations? I would really like to know, because practically every post you make contains some kind of unfriendly and disrespectful remark.

There are other countries on earth and not all of them are on EST.

Asia Climbs on Debt Deal - WSJ.com

SINGAPORE--Asian shares rallied Monday as U.S. President Barack Obama confirmed a deal to raise the debt ceiling was in place, easing concerns of a possible credit downgrade or default, while the U.S. dollar pushed higher against the Japanese yen.
I dont live in Asia and the discussion delt with the bond raitings, not the Japanese yen

Old 07-31-2011, 08:37 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Oh, here is how. The Republicans got the Dems to cut spending and to not raise taxes. This is just the start. Of curse the cuts weren't all we wanted but, we are the big people in the room, we compromise!
Quote:
Which post of mine are you referring to?
Quote:
That does not answer my question. You claimed I had said something i do not recall saying. Which post are you referring to?
So now you admit there was no 4 trillion plan. It's about time. If there was please post the link here.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:37 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
I think the only Dem goal was to raise the limit. I don't see how Republicans can be happy with this bill since it does not result in serious cuts.
No serious cuts? All the Republicans wanted was a cut at least equal or more than deficit and no tax increases... Do you know how EASY it would of been to do that with Republicans? If the Republicans had the Democrats on their side, they wouldn't of needed the Tea Party support to pass any of their bills... Why was it that Republicans were stomping out mad each time they met with Obama and Democrats? They said it MULTIPLE times, that Obama demanded TAX HIKES... and Obama and Democrats admitted it every time when they were in front of the camera with their "balanced" plan of tax hikes and spending cuts... it was always about tax hikes... the debt limit was ALWAYS going to be raised, everybody knew it... EVERYBODY... what everybody didn't know was whether democrats were going to get their tax hikes or not... THAT was the real issue... every plan with the debt ceiling had spending cuts at least equal to the increase... that was never an issue either... Nobody could of cut spending deep enough and everyone knew that... EVERYONE... the issue has always been since the beginning... tax hikes...

Old 07-31-2011, 08:38 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
I find it odd how repubs want to make this out like it is the dems that always raise the debt ceiling. I think under Reagan it was raised 13 times and under Bush 7. Everyone wants to make this time out to be the worse of them all. Where was the concern when Reagan took our debt to 3T from under 1 T?
Where was the outrage when Bush took us from a surplus to 10.5T in debt?

and you want to blame the liberals and Obama? really? Cognitive dissonance is an amazing thing.

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Dream on. There will be NO cuts. Spending will increase every year over the next ten years.
And the cuts are roughly $90B over 10 years.. With $1T + deficits, I have to wonder where all of the "tough negotations" were taking place. Hell, I thought we were going to have REAL reform, not fake ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When you continue to repeat the same old lies, yes, there is a need for disrespect. There was no $4T PLAN..
What lie are you talking about? I linked the text to the plan, so you can eat your false accusations.

I will ignore you from now on as it is quite unpleasant to read all the personal stabs coming from your direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies