Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 01:26 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
Unfortunately, none of these have a plan that will help the US economy. A reduction in government spending is not it alone. Inflation IS going to rise, and quickly - debt IS going to become more expensive, and government borrowing and printing of money is unsustainable. Not one candidate has admitted that the the worst of the 2008 crash is yet to come and the ONLY way to deal with it is to enforce a greater progressive tax system that doesn't include loopholes of any kind. We are not in a 'boom and bust' situation - the drivers are different and the management of it needs to be progressive. All of the above subscribe to 'market cycle' and 'free unregulated market' principles.. all of which are the cause NOT the remedy.

Did you ever hear of the Ryan roadmap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 01:36 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,241,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Did you ever hear of the Ryan roadmap?

Yes, have you read it? - it's a shoddy piece of toilet roll. Complete garbage. My post remains unchanged.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:40 PM

995 posts, read 1,115,623 times
Wake up GOP: Smashing system doesn't fix it - CNN.com

(Apologies if anyone else posted this link, I haven't finished reading the thread)

In my opinion, this is the worst betrayal of the middle and working classes of America.
Unemployment, already at levels not seen since the Great Depression, will skyrocket.
No reform of the tax codes.
Shaming the country with the sight of our supposed lawmakers acting like spoiled irresponsible children.

I mourn for our children and their children.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:49 PM

27 posts, read 51,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I happily admit I was wrong. The President DID grow a pair and forced the GOP to cave.

He just announced a deal which will raise the debt ceiling, while punting the other things the GOP wanted down the road to a bi-partisan commission.

And, he made the announcment without John Boehner or Mitch McConnell standing by his side! It is HIS victory!

Better yet, it apparently will take Nancy Pelosi to deliver enough Democratic votes in the House to off-set the Tea Partiers who Boehner cannot control.

This is as total a defeat for the GOP as last years election was for the Democrats!
I hope this is sarcasm because the Democrats were plastered.
But who really cares what party won. Was this good for America or not? Considering a bunch of wealthy Lawyers in suits put this together I say probably not.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Yes, have you read it? - it's a shoddy piece of toilet roll. Complete garbage. My post remains unchanged.
Well that is complete rubbish. Of course it is a well thoght out and serious plan. Of course your critique is clear evidence uou have never heard of it, much less read it.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:51 PM

27 posts, read 51,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post
Wake up GOP: Smashing system doesn't fix it - CNN.com

(Apologies if anyone else posted this link, I haven't finished reading the thread)

In my opinion, this is the worst betrayal of the middle and working classes of America.
Unemployment, already at levels not seen since the Great Depression, will skyrocket.
No reform of the tax codes.
Shaming the country with the sight of our supposed lawmakers acting like spoiled irresponsible children.

I mourn for our children and their children.
Well what is your solution to the incredible problems that have festered inside the beltway the last 25 years? It appears that these new players in the house at least recognize major reform is needed. They will not just bow down to the failing establishment.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:02 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,241,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well that is complete rubbish. Of course it is a well thoght out and serious plan. Of course your critique is clear evidence uou have never heard of it, much less read it.
Actually I have - the reason being that my wife is from Wisconsin (and are moving back to the states this year, but not to Wisconsin). It doesn't address the issues whatsoever.. It's a big pile of lower taxes to stimulate growth, lower government spending etc. What us coming are higher interest rates, a dollar crash and a reduced government ability to borrow to finance it's debt. The Ryan plan is ideological, not actual.

The debt ceiling deal passed today is terrible. It shows a lack of leadership by the President, incompetence by the democrats and downright lunacy from the republicans. It's a broken system and neither party seem capable of fixing it - the Ryan plan is no better than the typical crap cheerleaded by the tea party.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Actually I have - the reason being that my wife is from Wisconsin (and are moving back to the states this year, but not to Wisconsin). It doesn't address the issues whatsoever.. It's a big pile of lower taxes to stimulate growth, lower government spending etc. What us coming are higher interest rates, a dollar crash and a reduced government ability to borrow to finance it's debt. The Ryan plan is ideological, not actual.

The debt ceiling deal passed today is terrible. It shows a lack of leadership by the President, incompetence by the democrats and downright lunacy from the republicans. It's a broken system and neither party seem capable of fixing it - the Ryan plan is no better than the typical crap cheerleaded by the tea party.
You reasoning makes no sense, be that as it may, ryans plan addresses the biggest driver of cost Medicare. As well as revamping the tax structure. There is no way on earth you have read the plan.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:31 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
[quote=Finn_Jarber;20262448]Actually it went up as soon as the news broke.[/quote

Of course it did; that's to be expected upon the news of a debt ceiling agrement BUT wait for the bond raters to do their thing at the impact of you not doing a thing to address your debt but merely increasing it and then come back on here with what your dollars worth. Give yourselves 3 months of partying, a year at the very outside and we'll have this conversation again.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:13 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
President Clinton announces another record budget surplus - CNN

ummm ok guess everyone else is wrong.

and the money bush threw out in tax credits wasn't from a surplus of income under Clinton. as I said Cognitive dissonance is an amazing thing.
the surplus Clinton had, republicans deserve all the credit for that. they were in control of the house they are the ones that force Clinton to negotiate a deal, the result, a surplus, say thank you, republicans!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies