Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will doctors be forced to receive Medicare patients as a condition to getting licensed?
Yes 27 54.00%
No 18 36.00%
Pie 5 10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 02:48 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,081 times

Advertisements

[quote=Wolfpacker;20272060]So you expect free treatment?
I expect free at point of contact treatment for EVERYONE and yes free treatment for anyone who cannot afford to pay. I paid a small tax which covered my health treatment, Old Age Pension and all other welfare benefits.. so i did not get it for free but if i lost my job, money, retired became disabled etc etc i would then have no more to pay and still get great health care. In the USA as soon as your Health Insurance finishes for whatever reason your health care stops... even if you hae paid a fortune in premiums up to that point and now the Republicans want to cut back on Medicare so people who have paid most of their lives will get extremely restricted health care..... disgusting.

America has the most expensive and least efficient health care service in the free world...even Cuba has better health care and Iran ( paid out of your tax Dollar) and you are defending this awful health service... incredible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I never wanted UHC, some do I do not, I wanted AFFORDABLE health insurance. Just had to use the word prog for the 100th time today didn't ya. My people? I have no Party, hence I have no People other than the American People. Did they do it before, nope, so why would they now, that makes no sense.
Casper
The ONLY way you will ever get affordable health insurance in the USA is when the Big Insurance companies have to compete with a bigger Govt funded health service. The ONLY way you will get the costs of medicines to come down here is when the Govt buys medicines in such huge quantities that the drug companies reduce their prices to accomodate the Govt's big orders on drugs. In the UK a prescription is about $11.00 and that is for a prescription of three medicines... no matter how expensive the medicines are....... $11.00. Medicines and equipment are free to anyone with a chronic illness...eg Diabetes.
You will NEVER get affordable Insurance or medicines here without a UHC...... NEVER!

Old 08-01-2011, 03:04 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I don't know whether they will or not, but I hope so with regard to Medicare and Medicaid.

A doctor has a license to practice medicine because it is in the public interest. That license gives the doctor the opportunity to make mind-boggling incomes. I see no reason why, as a condition of having an exclusive license to make the money a doctor makes in the united States a doctor shouldn't be expected to accept patients whose health coverage is from Medicare or Medicaid.
How is $200k a mind-boggling income? After intense competition and 12 to 16 years of training?

Also, if they take only medicaid and medicare patients, they'll take yet ANOTHER pay cut (one of the only jobs that has consistently taken pay cuts relative to inflation since the 80s).

You people are seriously completely clueless as to this stuff. It's hilarious.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
How is $200k a mind-boggling income? After intense competition and 12 to 16 years of training?

Also, if they take only medicaid and medicare patients, they'll take yet ANOTHER pay cut (one of the only jobs that has consistently taken pay cuts relative to inflation since the 80s).

You people are seriously completely clueless as to this stuff. It's hilarious.
I feel sorry for anyone who cannot have a wonderful lifestyle on $200,000 a year....

Old 08-01-2011, 03:12 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I feel sorry for anyone who cannot have a wonderful lifestyle on $200,000 a year....
So how much 'lifestyle' is left when $80k of it is taken in taxes?

You seriously think that someone who brings home $110k after working 60 to 80 hours a week and has six figures in student loans has some fantasy lifestyle?

Lol...you people are too much.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
So how much 'lifestyle' is left when $80k of it is taken in taxes?

You seriously think that someone who brings home $110k after working 60 to 80 hours a week and has six figures in student loans has some fantasy lifestyle?

Lol...you people are too much.
Bringing home just under $10,000 per month will give ANYONE a great lifestyle. Millions work in America today 2/3/4/jobs ..work 60 to 80 hours or more a week in hard jobs... and bring home $1000.00 per month and complain less than these scumbags who get rich on other peoples misery.
Awwwww let's all cry for the greedy pathetic leeches in the USA

Old 08-01-2011, 03:34 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,834,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I never wanted UHC, some do I do not, I wanted AFFORDABLE health insurance. Just had to use the word prog for the 100th time today didn't ya. My people? I have no Party, hence I have no People other than the American People. Did they do it before, nope, so why would they now, that makes no sense.
Casper
I find it interesting these days that the discussion is so focused on providing 'health insurance' and making 'health insurance' a right. Don't people really need health care? or is a financial product the important thing?

I know these days the terms are used synonymously when they are not. I think this indicates the depth of the problem and how twisted our health care delivery system has become. Not only are we lacking, we aren't clear on what we need.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
I find it interesting these days that the discussion is so focused on providing 'health insurance' and making 'health insurance' a right. Don't people really need health care? or is a financial product the important thing?

I know these days the terms are used synonymously when they are not. I think this indicates the depth of the problem and how twisted our health care delivery system has become.
Maybe it's because health insurance is ALL they know and they just haven't got the "ball's" to venture outside their "comfort zone" no matter how expensive and destructive it is to stay there.
Funny how their attitude completely changes when they lose their jobs and health benefits.......

Last edited by geeoro; 08-01-2011 at 03:56 PM..

Old 08-01-2011, 04:07 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,141,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It appears to me that you haven't seen what is going on around here. I know you mean that we live in a Constitutional republic, but I am saying that much of that Constitution is nearly dead and in the eyes of most progs it is already dead. Yes, we do have certain rights but I really do believe that once we get UHC those in medicine will have much fewer rights concerning their practices.
Yes, I agree but I'm not going to let them represent themselves as in the right.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:29 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Pro bono is given, not forced upon...
There is a few judges that DO (in a way) force pro bono work.

You could refuse but, attorneys see the same judges over and over in thier area.

They really do not want to be on the "bad" side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies