Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:08 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
You are actually gloating because the Republican Party was willing to take the full faith and credit of the United States and the economic future of this country and hold it hostage as a poltiical ploy.

Let me get this straight you are actually PROUD the Republican Party was able to do this?
You mean the "Tea Party" not the Republican party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 10:16 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
How many of the Tea Party members of Congress are in the Republican Party?

I rest my case!

Old 08-01-2011, 10:27 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It was not the President that kept a deal from being signed last year, or did you forget the Repubs holding unemployment benefits hostage to retain tax cuts for the rich. Short memories seems to be a common problem these days. Want to blame someone with the lesser deal we just got all you have to do is look at the GOP.
Casper
An overwhelming dem majority in congress and 59 democratic party senators, and you had the president as well... and still... nothing got passed. What do the tyrants on the left need, before they can get anything done, a 70 seat majority in both houses?

All the more reason to vote out all dems, even when they have super majorities they can't pass a budget. What has it been now since Reid passed a budget, 820 days? Oh yeah, this is the republicans fault, the impressive democratic party leadership from controlling both houses and the presidency was all undone by 40 or 41 republicans in the senate.

The dems passed plenty of other legislation without any republican votes, but not the federal budget. Why? Simple, because they wanted us to have another freaking crisis, how else can these tyrants ram legislation thru, without 'the sky is falling mantra"? It's such a crisis we have to read what's in these things after they become law.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Ok, this had nothing to do with the latest drama brought on by the Tea Party? Come on. The TP want to destroy Obama, but you know what, he is going to send them packing in 2012.
That is delusional thinking. The TEA party did not force 0bama to destroy our economy, run up the debt, and refuse to sign any federal budget, he did this all on his own.

Explain to me how the TEA party influenced Barack "Wrecking Ball" 0bama to do all the stupid and wasteful crap he has done during all of 2009 and 2010. I'll wait.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Thank you for further proving my point.
...never ending snarkiness, and all without adding anything to the conversation. I'll ignore you now since you are only an antagonist with no useful thoughts or ideas.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:50 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,995,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Why didn't 0bama sign a budget last year, when his party controlled everything?? Then he could have averted all this in 2011.

Instead, 0bama failed the nation, and we will see our nation's credit rating drop. Our interest rates will soar, including all our credit cards. Just another feather in his cap to besiege the poor and the lower and middle class income families; higher gasoline costs, higher interest rates, higher electricity costs, higher food costs, higher unemployment, etc.... all thanks to 0bama.
I am tired of this partisan crap. I presume you're a conservative. Well, your Dubya and the wars, etc. drove us into the ground. At the same time, Obama is a betrayer and no better than Bush. And even though I'm a liberal, at least I'm big enough to be fair and lay the blame where it belongs instead of blindly following some party line.

Why must you on the right be so nasty when someone starts a thread with what I believe was sincerity?

Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Same thing, otherwise all the TPers would not have an R behind their title. Don't like it form your ow Party.
Casper

Old 08-01-2011, 11:26 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
They are not real condolences and there was no need for them in the firstplace, we both know that. In fact it was the House that had to cave, something they said thy would not do, they did.
What hate and bile? I only suggested the same thing the right always suggests, heck you guys ran threads whining bout it. A bit sensitive after your loss aren't ya
I am happy he got the House and Senate to work out a deal that kept the country from defaulting on it's obligations. Would have been happier if he could have forced the issue at the end of 2010 but the Repubs were too busy posturing after their big win in 2010 to actually conduct buisiness.
Casper
For someone like me, whent he debt ceiling issue first came up, I knew it was going to be raised and they were most likely going to raise it at the 11th hour. It's all just political theater

Old 08-01-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
How many of the Tea Party members of Congress are in the Republican Party?

I rest my case!
Sorry...you've got it backwards.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Same thing, otherwise all the TPers would not have an R behind their title. Don't like it form your ow Party.
Casper
I wish it were more. Then at least we could weed out the RINOs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies