Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Congressman Paul Broun, M.D.

Let me ask you a question

If you take out a 7000 dollar loan, at 10% interest, and then don't pay the interest, isn't that default?
your link doesnt support your claims, and no one said we shouldnt pay the interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 06:35 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Oh, they know.

That's what scares them.

They figure that the only way to defeat us is by using the compliant msm to start calling us racists.

That failed, so now we're "terrorists".

Typical of the left....REAL terrorists are lionized, peace loving, Constitution believing American citizens are vilified.
The vitriol toward the tea party is easy to understand. The officials they helped elect are actually doing what they said they would. Nothing is more abhorrent to libs than telling the truth and living up to campaign promises.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:04 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You think your little sh1tty governor is going to win and put me back in my place. Never!
No I do not like Rick Perry and did not vote for him as governor.
I support Ron Paul. He's at the different end of the political spectrum than big government Rick Perry.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:06 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
The Democratic Party is going to be 'slapped into irrelevance' on 11-6-12, while the Tea Party certainly will not.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I notice you keep seperating the words as if that is how it was used.

Let me help you. Its not the words ghetto and goon. He called the President a GHETTO GOON! Stop playing like you dont understand. You know you like hearing that about Obama

Rep. Lamborn Tar-Baby Comment Lands On Olbermann's 'Worst Persons In The World'
I do understand. You are wrong.
What does someone commenting on a sticky situation have to do with you incorrectly saying ghetto goon is racist?

Old 08-03-2011, 08:13 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
The vitriol toward the tea party is easy to understand. The officials they helped elect are actually doing what they said they would. Nothing is more abhorrent to libs than telling the truth and living up to campaign promises.
Yes, the Tea party people have exposed Obama and the congressional dems for what they are.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I wish it was that simple but it isnt'. The fact is that Tea Party is right now the most energetic and enthusiastic group within the Republican Party. The undeniable truth of the matter is that their is no way the Republican Party would have been as successful as they were in the 2010 mid term elections without the Tea Party.

The issue now is that Americans have seen the Tea Party actually govern both on the state and federal level. The recall elections in Wisconsin and the 2012 elections are in part going to be a referendum on how people feel about their poliices with regard to reduced collective bargaining, abortion, reduced taxes for corporations, cut backs in government funding and services and other policies that Tea Party has put into place.
Kentucky has not recalled one of the two authentic Tea Party members in the Senate, Rand Paul. Kentucky loves him.

Whether is was the Bammer or Hillary or McCain or Romney all have horrible big government policies that have failed in the past and will continue to fail us in the future. Those policies do not work and no one person can make them work. History has shown us their manipulative ways have never worked in the long run and the boom always is worse than the busts.

America is drowning and the answer is not more water.

QE 3 coming to ruined economy near you.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:33 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Their racist, ultra right-wing agenda has no place in modern times in this society.
Another example of ******* open-mindedness.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:35 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
The Democratic Party is going to be 'slapped into irrelevance' on 11-6-12, while the Tea Party certainly will not.
I suspect that there will be a rosy glow to the tea party's hand from slapping ******* after ******* after ******* into the asheap of political oblivion.

I am in a bit of a quandry, though.

Is the proper use of the term

or
Libturd??

Old 08-03-2011, 09:16 PM

16 posts, read 28,825 times
Default not so hard to understand

I'm appauled at the 'conversation' here. I think that people are either very misinformed or just looking for a fight but there are a couple of things being said here that are flat out lies. The Tea Party didn't want the US to default - they didn't want the debt ceiling raised without some major consideration to spending cuts and how to balance the budget. I would say that while they may have started a dialouge, they didn't 'win' this fight which is unfortunate. The US is on its way to being downgraded from its AAA status and rightfully so. One major reason for this is because we have to raise our debt ceiling once again and our politicians knew it. Our obligations/promises are more than we can deliver and no matter how much you tax the rich - we won't catch up. How is it that I kept hearing - raising the debt ceiling should be a simple up or down vote - it is ridiculous that it is tied to balanced budget ammendments What the Tea Party just EXPOSED is that very few in our government are willing to talk about some very painful cuts that MUST be made to survive in the long run and that there is no plan to get our economy back on track. Plus you had the President of the United States going on national TV throwing a tantrum and HE was the one who talked about defaulting. Just like with the stimulus - this was another catastrophe!

I also have to say that all of this talk about the Tea Party holding people hostage and other such statements - well, now you know how about 80% of americans felt when the Health Care bill passed AGAINST the will of the people.

As long as our Government continues to ignore us and grow out of control - the Tea Party or some form of it will be alive and well... that is a promise. You can try to name call and ridicule and we'll take it because we know what is at stake. What a shame that there isn't this type of outrage about the people who DO have the power and who DID create the problem! I'm willing to go through pain now so my kids don't have to. I want them to have FREEDOM not 'free' health care and 'free' retirement. What part of these views makes me a racist, hater, terrorist??!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies