Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 07:59 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Tea Party this...

Tea Party that...

I laugh every time the Progressives try to marginalize something that isn't there. A wild goose chase, over a phrase that they have no clue what it means or what it is.

When will the Progressives get it, that is is not the individuals that hold office.

The Tea Party is the citizen support, that likes, or dislikes a certain individuals ideas and policy. A melting pot of Constitutional Conservatives, from both sides of the isle and mainly independent voters.

A Democrat with a history of Conservative ideas, would have full support of the Tea Party.
A Republican with a history of Progressive ideas here and there, not so much support. In fact, they were removed from office in big numbers, Nov. 2nd, 2010.

This leaves the Progressives in the Democratic party with less Progressives in the Republican party to compromise with.

For the last century, no matter how you voted, you got the same thing, in a lite version, or a stout version of Progressive policy.

The Tea Party is the Change, Obama talked about, when he lied and said he was going to change the way Washington works.

The citizens that have Conservative values have changed the coarse in Washington, not Obama.

Taxed
Enough
Already
are the people that stand behind individual representatives, not the collective bunch of Conservative representatives as a whole.

It is the support, not the individuals holding office.
No...I don't think they ever will understand it. On the other hand, they can't figure out why we aren't more compassionate and want to take care of everyone.

Honestly..I can kind of understand it. It's just 2 entirely different philosophies. Of course, the progressives are wrong...but I think they're at least trying to do what they think is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 08:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polaroid View Post
The tea baggers are clueless you mean. We do not have a deficit problem, we have a recession problem caused by wall street and the housing bubble collapse. We only had a deficit of around 200 billion, all that with two unpaid for wars started by republicans, and the bush tax cuts that cost billions and created no jobs. The Conservative way does not work every time its tried. Low information tea baggers yelling keep your the gov. out of my Medicare wearing tricorn hats and hanging tea bags from their hair is not exactly the acts of an intellectual bunch.

Who created Wall Street?
Who created the banking system we have today?
Who created the federal reserve?
Who created the IRS?
Who created the FBI?
Who created Welfare?
So on, and so on!

It surely was not the Tea Party!
You have a Progressive element at play in every aspect of the mess we are in.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:00 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
At this time, I don't find any Democrat, with a Conservative enough stance to be considered. Tax and over spend, just sounds so appealing.
ok so dont post things that are not true.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:01 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Tea Party this...

Tea Party that...

I laugh every time the Progressives try to marginalize something that isn't there. A wild goose chase, over a phrase that they have no clue what it means or what it is.

When will the Progressives get it, that is is not the individuals that hold office.

The Tea Party is the citizen support, that likes, or dislikes a certain individuals ideas and policy. A melting pot of Constitutional Conservatives, from both sides of the isle and mainly independent voters.

A Democrat with a history of Conservative ideas, would have full support of the Tea Party.
A Republican with a history of Progressive ideas here and there, not so much support. In fact, they were removed from office in big numbers, Nov. 2nd, 2010.

This leaves the Progressives in the Democratic party with less Progressives in the Republican party to compromise with.

For the last century, no matter how you voted, you got the same thing, in a lite version, or a stout version of Progressive policy.

The Tea Party is the Change, Obama talked about, when he lied and said he was going to change the way Washington works.

The citizens that have Conservative values have changed the coarse in Washington, not Obama.

Taxed
Enough
Already
are the people that stand behind individual representatives, not the collective bunch of Conservative representatives as a whole.

It is the support, not the individuals holding office.
Why would Progressives, or anybody, want to "get" a clueless group like the TParty??

Old 08-03-2011, 08:01 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Yeah and why now? Why no anger then? No anger during the Clinton but now very angry.Commentary: Where was Tea Party's 'anger' during Bush years? | McClatchy
Actually, there was a TEA Party protest on April 15, 1993 in Washington DC. They were protesting Congress' retroactive tax increase. Until recently, they never protested against any President, only against Congress' attempts to raise taxes.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
No...I don't think they ever will understand it. On the other hand, they can't figure out why we aren't more compassionate and want to take care of everyone.

Honestly..I can kind of understand it. It's just 2 entirely different philosophies. Of course, the progressives are wrong...but I think they're at least trying to do what they think is right.
It all leads back to bad parenting, one parent households, and lack of discipline.
They never got off mama's teet. Mama never taught them how to make it in the big bad world.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:05 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
ok, here is my problem I have been weened from the Obama punch, but I realize that the refuticans are just as bad (same coin different side) and the Tea party folks have the right idea, but they are nutty as a snickers bar with no negotiation skills. Is there a party that is not hell bent on sending this country into the hands of a New World Order? Iguess and my suggestion to all of you is to vote for INDIVIDUALS and not parties.
I believe that is the premise that the Tea Party works on. However, I am not a "member" of that movement. I do support some of their ideals, tho . . . but the ideals I support are basically Libertarian ideals, i.e., less federal gubment interference and fiscal conservatism. We part ways on anything social - I am more liberal than most Republicans on social issues.

But you are right: one must vote for the individual. However, we should also remember: there is pressure within both parties to "follow the Leader" - so . . . whatever the party Leader says influences the way folks vote - as party members are supposed to "fall in line." That is why you see all the coercing by Pelosi, Reid, Boehner, et al.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:07 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
So fiscally conservative democrats are an oxymoron? Therein lies your answer.
Well, if your ideal for a Democrat is a model based on Ted Kennedy, then yes, it is an oxymoron.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You said the tea party supports democrats I want proof. Ill wait.

Seriously?
Are you delusional this morning?
Or do you just have a habit of twist and spin, to lie to yourself and others?

I said,
""A Democrat with a history of Conservative ideas, would have full support of the Tea Party.""

Like I said, totally clueless!!!
Proof enough!

Old 08-03-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Why would Progressives, or anybody, want to "get" a clueless group like the TParty??

If your going to go to war, you better know exactly who your enemy is, d-a
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies