Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If CCB had passed, would our Credit Rating have been cut?
Yes, it still would have. We're just in too deep. 55 36.18%
No. It would have shown we were serious about getting spending under control. 93 61.18%
I don't care, I want to keep spending like it's 1999. 4 2.63%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 10:11 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times

Advertisements

Of course Americans are blaming the Tea Party, because the Tea Party overreached horrendously.

Funny thing since the far right has developed such an allergy to facts, they seem to not be able to learn from history. Gingrich tried the same type garbage (but not even he was so bad) during the Clinton presidency, and the people blamed him.

Also, we have done the laissez faire thing several times in our history, to largely the same economic result, terrible inequality and a volatile economy.

And trickle down has been in pretty much continuous operation since 1980, with zero effect! The only time middle class people have done well is in the run ups to bubbles in the late 1980s, 1990s, and 2003-2006. The bubbles always bust and hammer the middle class.

Even when folks can land a job again, it is typically with less salary and benefits than before. You might have been working as a loan officer before, now you are a clerk at Wal-Mart.

For some reason, I don't think they will learn this time either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 10:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Well our whole tax system is so screwed up. The amount of tax loopholes the rich have is ridiculous. Exxon paying no income tax on $19 billion profits. Apparently Tom Cruise bought an $18 million mansion in Colorado, put a goat on the property, and only paid $400 in property taxes, because the goat gave it agricultural status tax exemption.
Exxon indeed paid taxes. The individual who started the "Exxon paid no taxes", was another stupid liberal who couldnt read a balance sheet.

Its grand total in global taxes for the year? A whopping $78.6 billion. The company's effective income tax rate was a hefty 47%, its highest in three years.

Tax bills for 5 corporate giants - Exxon Mobil: $15.1 billion (2) - CNNMoney.com

Old 08-09-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Typical of you, resort to your childish insults when your so-called logic fails you AGAIN. Let me know when you grow up.
Casper
I'm sorry but if you dont like people pointing out that you are wrong, stop saying things that are wrong. Hell, its excusable the first time, but when you continue to repeat the same old wrong information, I become quite embarassed for you.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:27 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
People are starting to wake up and smell the coffee, no pun intended.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Well, the only surplus we've had in the past 30 years was under a Democrat.

And the rest of the world with budget surplus' and high quality of living are all run by liberal ideology. I can't think of a single country in the 1st world that runs on Conservative politics.
Other than the fact that Clinton didnt have surpluses, lets examine how those "surpluses" materialzed, shall we?

The GOP CONGRESS, helped to convince Clinton to cut taxes on 90% of small businesses and slash the capital gains taxes. They also cut future increases in spending, which had the Democrats shouting that people were starving in the street, which turned out to be so false, that lefties forget these claims existed.

Thats the complete opposite of the current strategy. So if the strategy is different, why are you expecting the same results?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
By now everyone should know that those cuts were a big mistake. Heck, no one likes taxes, but how else are you going to balance the books?
Maybe you should do it the same way Clinton did, but cutting spending and cutting taxes. Again, you just dont get it, do you?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:32 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Maybe you should do it the same way Clinton did, but cutting spending and cutting taxes. Again, you just dont get it, do you?
Right wingers called Clinton a Communist.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Right wingers called Clinton a Communist.
I dont care..

Old 08-09-2011, 10:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
How do you know he isn't a Marxist? He speaks about wealth redistribution in about every speech he gives. I don't know if liberals realize this, but Karl Marx was in FAVOR of wealth redistribution. Government control over every single part of our lives is also a MARXIST principle. This too, is something Obama and liberals are in favor of. Maybe you should read the Communist Manifesto. I don't care what anyone says I WANT FREEDOM and I want the government to get out of my life.

Obama is doing a poor job. Wake the heck up! Look around. There are people living in TENT CITIES. We just received a credit downgrade from all the debt we racked up from stupid government programs that are useless. 9.1% unemployment, the U6 rate is MUCH HIGHER, something like 20%. The only reason the unemployment rate went down recently is because 193,000 people gave up looking for work. We are on the verge of a double-dip recession. Obama passed a stimulus bill that was useless. If a Obama is such a great president, I would like then liberals must think Herbert Hoover was a great president. Both presidencies led to similar economies. At least under Bush, the economy was AWESOME from 2004-2006. Oh, wait, the dems took over Congress in 2006, which was when the economy started to tank. GO FIGURE!

I will say that Obama is a good father and seems to be faithful to his wife. That is one positive thing for any politician.
Please provide a link from every speech about the redistribution of wealth.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Fixed it for you.
Childish games..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies