Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If CCB had passed, would our Credit Rating have been cut?
Yes, it still would have. We're just in too deep. 55 36.18%
No. It would have shown we were serious about getting spending under control. 93 61.18%
I don't care, I want to keep spending like it's 1999. 4 2.63%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 05:19 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times

Advertisements

No government in the world likes to be told what to do, or how to do it.

In so many ways, this shows that the "new world order" isn't as new, or as orderly, as some would have you imagine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 05:22 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
S&P should be the object of some major federal investigations right about now....the Italians actually have the right idea.
part of the blame somebody else train-

just shoot the messenger if you don't like the message.

that will fix it.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:37 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
I believe that is how banana republic dictatorships work....

Interesting leftists support it.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Isn't the CEO of S&P a Republican who has donated lots o' money to the Republican party and da Bushes???
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
S&P did this to discredit the TEA Party.....
Oz, I'm confused...what did my post have to do with the TeaBAGGERS?

I just think it's no coincidence that the CEO of S&P is a staunch Republican......and not even the Democrats are mentioning this.

I think it's just one of a million examples of Republicans wanting to bring down Obama ..and not giving a damn what it does to the country...

Old 08-09-2011, 05:51 AM

347 posts, read 695,859 times
Quote:
I believe that is how banana republic dictatorships work....

Interesting leftists support it.
On the contrary most banana repubs just have to take their rating. I live in a developing country (fondly called the 3rd world by you first worlders )
and we have an A (stable) rating from S&P despite having much higher macro-economic fundamentals than other countries in our rating class. We just have to accept what S&P gives..none of this raiding BS or even how Obama said despite what S&P says America is AAA Talk about arrogance in the first world.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:52 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oz, I'm confused...what did my post have to do with the TeaBAGGERS?

I just think it's no coincidence that the CEO of S&P is a staunch Republican......and not even the Democrats are mentioning this.

I think it's just one of a million examples of Republicans wanting to bring down Obama ..and not giving a damn what it does to the country...
The only ones to blame are the TEA Party right?

So...if the downgrade was planned,it must have been to hurt them,not Obama.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:05 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
The real silliness here is taking S & P as gospel given how wrong they've been about many things in the past.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The real silliness here is taking S & P as gospel given how wrong they've been about many things in the past.
That is true burdell. But this is how the game is played whether we believe it or not.

Personally I don't think the US deserves AAA rating because we can't control our spending and Congress isn't even looking at cutting all the small, unnecessary spending first. Ending the WH Page program is one step but there's so much more they can cut back on before they attack SS and medicare and the last middle class tax deduction for interest payments.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
part of the blame somebody else train-

just shoot the messenger if you don't like the message.

that will fix it.
S&P is a tad more than a messanger in this circus. They created the report, apparently out of desire to play politics. US ability to pay her bills was never compromised, despite of what the politicians told the media.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:23 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
The only ones to blame are the TEA Party right?

So...if the downgrade was planned,it must have been to hurt them,not Obama.
I don't blame the teaBAGGERS completely.

I blame the Republicans who planned from the begining to "get Obama"....and had a convenient god, the CEO of S&P, to do some of their dirty work....

It's hard for even me to believe the Republicans and the Flea Party can hate Obama and this country so much they're willing to destroy it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies