Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 04:39 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,874,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
many, many times, in the last 3 years?

Why, yes we have!

The eternal pivot - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

February 2009

November 2009

January 2010

Of course, there are MANY more examples of obama pivoting (well, really just talking about jobs in his endless speeches) to jobs.

Pivoting In Circles | RNC: Republican National Committee | GOP

Pivoting In Circles
Kind of reminds me of Sarah Palin going back to her talking points no matter what question was asked in the 2008 run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 05:24 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,862,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Kind of reminds me of Sarah Palin going back to her talking points no matter what question was asked in the 2008 run.
Is this really the best you can do? What about the many, many "pivots" to jobs obama has proclaimed?

I can understand why you don't want to discuss it.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,405,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I know what you mean..there are so many issues to criticize him for.

Ahhhhhhhhhh sanrene;
bet ya can't pick JUST ONE?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:24 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,392,154 times
Has anyone tabulated the number of jobs this adminstration has destroyed or prevented? Looking at the regulatory tsunami, it has to be half a million or more.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,405,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Has anyone tabulated the number of jobs this adminstration has destroyed or prevented? Looking at the regulatory tsunami, it has to be half a million or more.

Just myself, i happen to know 15 very sad hard working families who have succumb to losing their job, and some their pride and joy their homes. It is such a reality within itself, when you actually know people who are experiencing what we are hearing about the jobless.

It is a sad reality, that people i know, have lost jobs, and even here a year later, have not had the luck of finding another one, some did, but not the level of degree they needed to keep their homes, pay their bills, buy groceries, pay and find their own medical, and the daily essenitals of life.

Very hard for the middleaged to find another job, after the loss of one they have been on for years, ask yourself this, if you are middleaged, and lost your job, could you find another one as good as the one you had, and the same pay.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:01 AM

24,623 posts, read 19,097,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Just myself, i happen to know 15 very sad hard working families who have succumb to losing their job, and some their pride and joy their homes. It is such a reality within itself, when you actually know people who are experiencing what we are hearing about the jobless.

It is a sad reality, that people i know, have lost jobs, and even here a year later, have not had the luck of finding another one, some did, but not the level of degree they needed to keep their homes, pay their bills, buy groceries, pay and find their own medical, and the daily essenitals of life.

Very hard for the middleaged to find another job, after the loss of one they have been on for years, ask yourself this, if you are middleaged, and lost your job, could you find another one as good as the one you had, and the same pay.
Get used to it, because this is as good as it gets. Things will start to look up at the end of the decade, but until then, every day will be a little worse than the day before.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:13 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,862,349 times
Well, at least the obama can party down until then. He's just "pivoting" to more parties and fundraisers.

Tapper Peppers Carney: What Is Obama Doing To Create Jobs? | RealClearPolitics

Watch the video...and his mouthpiece squirm.

Quote:
TAPPER: Well, what is the president doing? We know that he went to a -- -- he went to fundraisers last night. What's he doing today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies