Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 12:23 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,294 times

Advertisements

Why wouldn't the GOP use this tactic over and over again (as McCaonnell just acknowledged they will? It works perfectly for them!

I hope the Senate Dems are smart enough now to keep Obama out of this lastest "hostage crisis". If he butts in, we'll wind up without an FAA.

"Uhhhh... no thanks, big guy, we'll handle this one, thanksanyway (sheeesh!)"

Schumer: GOP is 'Holding A Gun To Our Heads' In FAA Fight | TPMDC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 12:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
"They bring a knife....We bring a gun"

-B. Hussein Obama

Old 08-03-2011, 12:28 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
More violent rhetoric from the far left. No wonder these commie jerks want gun control. The way they over use violence in rhetoric can you imagine what a disaster they would be if they weren't hoplophobes?

The Hill had a story that I already posted a week or more ago about the FAA funding stall being the fault of Democrats.

I suspect Schumer's creation of a crisis is a tactic Obama will use to nationalize air transportation at large in the USA.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:30 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
"They bring a knife....We bring a gun"

-B. Hussein Obama
You need to revise that quote to read: they bring a knife, we bring a gun -- which we give to them so they have even more power.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Ah yes..the House cut funding for subsidies and the Dems want their subsidies.

No cuts from the Dems. This would hurt Rockefeller in W.Va. because he would lose funding for a rural airport.

Besides that, the crux of the contention is that the Republicans want to remove that union item added on voting if you want to join a union or not.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:33 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Why wouldn't the GOP use this tactic over and over again (as McCaonnell just acknowledged they will? It works perfectly for them!

I hope the Senate Dems are smart enough now to keep Obama out of this lastest "hostage crisis". If he butts in, we'll wind up without an FAA.

"Uhhhh... no thanks, big guy, we'll handle this one, thanksanyway (sheeesh!)"

Schumer: GOP is 'Holding A Gun To Our Heads' In FAA Fight | TPMDC
Damn I hate this but it is true. Obama will not fight his mortal enemy the tea party. I just dont know why.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:38 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Regardless of whose fault this is, this is not the way to govern the country. This is the second example in as many weeks of political concerns trumping governing and managing.

I thought we elected a lot of people with "business experience" who were going to help the government run more efficiently? Despite what some loons say, we NEED an FAA. I fly twice a week and would like safety inspectors to be paid, airport infrastructure projects to continue (I guess those WERE shovel-ready), and the safety of the nations aviation system (a strong vehicle of commerce) not to be compromised but idiotic government in-fighting.

We as a nation should not stand for this-- from our Republican or Democratic Representatives.

If you're looking at this as some type of Partisan victory-- congratulations. You're now part of the problem, you imbecile.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:40 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
when one thread fails because everyone hammer it with the facts, all that is needed is to simply start another and act as if nothing was ever said in the previous one!

Old 08-03-2011, 12:40 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,191 times
If the American people thought that bigger more powerful unions in every industry were good , they would have voted more Democrats into government last November .
Democrats should have won more elections , but they lost , so the people they over promised will have to take less . Like the doctors do when they take a Medicaid patient .
The bill is in Reids hands , they can vote on it now .

Old 08-03-2011, 12:43 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Regardless of whose fault this is, this is not the way to govern the country. This is the second example in as many weeks of political concerns trumping governing and managing.

I thought we elected a lot of people with "business experience" who were going to help the government run more efficiently? Despite what some loons say, we NEED an FAA. I fly twice a week and would like safety inspectors to be paid, airport infrastructure projects to continue (I guess those WERE shovel-ready), and the safety of the nations aviation system (a strong vehicle of commerce) not to be compromised but idiotic government in-fighting.

We as a nation should not stand for this-- from our Republican or Democratic Representatives.

If you're looking at this as some type of Partisan victory-- congratulations. You're now part of the problem, you imbecile.
Way to stick up for the Dem's love of subsidies, no matter how expensive or counterproductive, and the pro-union agenda. Here's a clue: if you raise the cost of labor, you will increase unemployment. FDR didn't get it, and Dems don't get it, or else y'all really hate employment. If so, congrats, your policies are working flawlessly.

Thank goodness we have some legislators who are going to bat against stupidity. All we need now is some Dem to say "Don't call my bluff!" Here's another clue: the idea behind bluffing is to not let the other person know you are bluffing. I guess Barack, who never had a paper route or even a job in a business, never played poker either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies