Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 09:22 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
How so?

Also, let's assume for a minute that this is true. How is that helping us today? How would that warrant a second term for Obama?
I'm not saying that it warrants him a second term. I'm not too keen on him, but who else could I possibly vote for? Ron Paul is the only one that I like, but I don't think that he will get the nomination. I'm convinced that Obama is doing the best that he can in very challenging times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 09:42 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
he's better than the last one that we had though.
Nope. Obama has made things worse, not better.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. Obama has made things worse, not better.
Ok, agreed. But we should also agree that all elected officials have contributed to making things worse.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:46 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
In terms of Obama losing the support of those who voted him into office, where did the President go wrong?

I think he went wrong when he promised change, yet continued Bush's war policies and rhetoric.
Did you ever think that it was the mainstream media that refused to inform the public about 0bama, and the people who fell for his lies when they voted for him, that "went wrong"?

Old 08-04-2011, 09:48 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Ok, agreed. But we should also agree that all elected officials have contributed to making things worse.
2007-2009 Dems controlled House and Senate

2009-2011 Dems controlled House, Senate, and Presidency

2011- Dems control Senate and Presidency

Note the pattern.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:50 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I'm not saying that it warrants him a second term. I'm not too keen on him, but who else could I possibly vote for? Ron Paul is the only one that I like, but I don't think that he will get the nomination. I'm convinced that Obama is doing the best that he can in very challenging times.

So in your estimation is his best good enough? It's certainly not in mine.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:52 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
2007-2009 Dems controlled House and Senate

2009-2011 Dems controlled House, Senate, and Presidency

2011- Dems control Senate and Presidency

Note the pattern.
Economic policies followed under the first 5 and 6 years of the Bush presidency increased the national debt, unfunded two wars, and allowed the housing market to burst.

Both parties are equally to blame.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Feelings of racial superiority and racial bigotry run very, very deep in this country. The election of President Obama pulled up some very deep seated racial beliefs in many in this nation. There is a resentment that a lot of Whites have in being able to acknowledge that a Black (biracial but still viewed simply as Black) man is their leader. Many Whites were raised that they were inherently superior to Blacks so they will take issue when a Black person holds a higher position within their company or gets a better grade in school, etc.

The many of slights and insults that have been lobed at President Obama have been overtly racist (the watermelon patch on the WH lawn or the monkey family emails which were circulated by members of the GOP) ; the "tar baby" and "your boy" comments in the most recent past) Then we have the unprecedented disrespect shown by Rep Joe Wilson of South Cacalacky (no less) of yelling "You lie" during an address to Congress.

Many of the tactics that are being used against President Obama are very familiar to most Black Americans, especially Black professionals. We have had to be strong and endure the same type of nastiness at many of our jobs and even in institutions of higher learning. We know that President Obama would have to be three times as good to receive only a fraction of the credit that he is due.
Pointing out that someone is lying is not a racist act.

It was the liberal media, the democrat candidates, their staff, and elected democratic party members, during the last presidential election, that were the racists, bigots and misogynists.

It was liberals, even black columnists who challenged whether 0bama was "black enough" and refereed to him as "the magic Negro", it was 0bama who pulled the race card on Bill Clinton, and it was 0bama who lied when he claimed McCain's campaign was going to run political attack ads disparaging 0bama's ethnicity, race and physical attributes.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Economic policies followed under the first 5 and 6 years of the Bush presidency increased the national debt, unfunded two wars, and allowed the housing market to burst.

Both parties are equally to blame.
True, but the last year the republicans controlled the house, the deficit spending was a mere $110 billion or so.

0bama is in a league of his own, trying to compare the actions of any past president to 0bama, is like trying to compare a petty thief to Al Capone.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:08 AM

1,019 posts, read 590,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
In terms of Obama losing the support of those who voted him into office, where did the President go wrong?

I think he went wrong when he promised change, yet continued Bush's war policies and rhetoric.
He went wrong thinking he was even remotely qualified, to the slimmest degree, to be President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies