Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 11:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Must disagree to an extent. I belong to an unemployment forum and there are several there who have experienced what your friends have gone through. In spite of this, they keep on fighting. Now, it's not for everyone, but some still do find a way to carry the message.
And i can agree with you, i cannot experience what they are going thru, except for what i can see, the pain, Did some of these people also lose a home. Because more then a few of these people did lose a home and a job, a double whammy. Some truthfully a year later are really still looking to work, it is really depressing you know. They still do have fight in them, but with small kids, no place to call home anymore, it is really sad.
You know in your early thirties, with children and wife, and no longer a place to call home, for your children, it truly breaks your heart and your spirit. Because you have the hope and you look and you look, and you look, but the job is just not coming. Got the news tonight that unemployment in Calif is 11.88% that is just atrious, terrible to the core. I ask you what message can they carry, when a year later, still no jobs, no place to call home, and bills piling up.

Last edited by california-jewel; 08-05-2011 at 12:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 11:38 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm preparing myself to survive it.
I look at Greece and what is going on their among the normal joes (plenty of stories on the net) and what happened in Argentina (also plenty of stories on the net) and I'm getting my house in order because I will survive this.
Well our own government and the CIA have been preparing for it for years with all the fancy underground cities and bomb shelters in Colorado and I think in the Ozarks. Now they are hoarding the organic seeds too. They want to leave the crappy genetically engineered seeds for us loaded with poison and that bear vegetables with seeds that won't reproduce so you have to keep on buying the seeds from Monsanto and DuPont and one or two others. It is pure evil. Maybe you know about that. It is old news really.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:48 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I don't agree this economic depression has been in the making for 30 years but I too get annoyed with those gullible people who believe all the false statistics, facts and figures on the nightly news. 9% unemployment rate? Come on now. Just how stupid does this govt think the people are? Oh geez I should not have asked that.
It really has been going on since 1914 when President Wilson let the banksters back with the creation of the Federal Reserve Bank.

If you look at a chart of the purchasing power of the dollar you can see that 1967 was the last year when the dollar bought one dollar's worth of stuff. But when there were no central banks after President Andrew Jackson in the 1830's got rid of the Bank of the United States (which was the then central bank like the Federal Reserve Bank we have now), the purchasing power of the dollar actually INCREASED to where it would buy as much as $4 worth of stuff! This was after Andrew Jackson "killed the bank" as he had said. Andrew Jackson was the ONLY president to EVER pay off the national debt as well!

Old 08-05-2011, 12:04 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
So, what, people should just accept it?
One person can't change it. But one person can get a message out and hopefully it inspires others to do the same.

:: points to Mr Ron Paul ::
Ron Paul should have been elected in 2008. He was ridiculed and kicked to the curb by the American people. It doesn't really matter who gets elected in 2012 because we crossed the point of no return in 2009. Too little too late.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:07 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Quote:
I don't agree this economic depression has been in the making for 30 years but I too get annoyed with those gullible people who believe all the false statistics, facts and figures on the nightly news. 9% unemployment rate? Come on now. Just how stupid does this govt think the people are? Oh geez I should not have asked that.
So basically, we were in an Obama recession before he even took office, right?

Old 08-05-2011, 12:11 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
I don't agree this economic depression has been in the making for 30 years
Good, because it goes back further than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
So, what, people should just accept it?
Yes. Resistance is Futile.

The world is changing and you cannot unchange it. Economics is self-correcting because the laws are inviolable. Right now, things are being corrected to the way things should always have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
this has been in the making for 30 years, and were not even at the climax yet.
This has been in the making since 1896, and it's a long time coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Actually it began over 70 years ago, with the creation of the Federal Reserve and faux money.
That isn't true at all. Had you remained on the gold standard, you wouldn't be using the internet today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Ron White is right, you really can't fix stupid.
Perhaps not, but you can eliminate stupid from the decision-making process.

Restricting voting rights to those with PhDs only would not be a panacea, but it would be a step in the right direction. At least you eliminate the majority of stupid.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:47 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,169,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovering Democrat View Post
Maybe you need a new map. The borders are as clear today as they've ever been. What we lack is the political will to enforce them.

Strong leadership - from a governor, a state legislature, or a president - could fix the boarder problem in less than a year if they had the political courage to do so.
............but they don't. So, I stand by my original post. If you don't enforce the laws of the land you don't have a "functional" border.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Bullets, beans and beer?
No. Have debts paid off, retirement accounts not in stocks, an emergency stash built up, get rid of luxuries and live beneath my means..stuff like that.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:49 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,051,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Well our own government and the CIA have been preparing for it for years with all the fancy underground cities and bomb shelters in Colorado and I think in the Ozarks. Now they are hoarding the organic seeds too. They want to leave the crappy genetically engineered seeds for us loaded with poison and that bear vegetables with seeds that won't reproduce so you have to keep on buying the seeds from Monsanto and DuPont and one or two others. It is pure evil. Maybe you know about that. It is old news really.
What the devil are you talking about? Who is they?

Old 08-05-2011, 06:53 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,686,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Two questions - do you live alone and do you own an shotgun?
Nope and not just one.

Of course I forgot to mention that in Nowhere, Nebraska, the cows outnumber the people 4 to 1, the Interstates and WalMart are 150 miles away, and the deer, turkey, and antelope play - and are HUGE. (West of us there's elk, too.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies