Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 09:03 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
I am not a Tea person, in fact the opposite, but I have always agreed with this.

On the other hand, those who don't pay federal income tax do pay taxes: sales tax, gas tax, city and state taxes and fees &c.

It is just too bad that the Tea folks support corporate welfare.
Please try to stay focused and not wander all over the place. The TEA party protests have been about FEDERAL issues. Everybody knows about local taxes.

Define "corporate welfare".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 09:05 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I am a supporter of the TEA Party. I have always wondered how people who never paid one dime of taxes got "refunds". Does that make me an extremist? I don't like paying taxes so others who don't pay taxes can get entitlements.
You must ask our "friends" over at mainstream media...they have a lot to do with brainwashing the sheeple.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:19 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
Yes they do; that statement is a total crock.

If you make $25,000 a year, unless 100% of your state and federal taxes are refunded to you, you will pay taxes to either Uncle Sam or your state treasurer.

Period!!!!!

Old 08-06-2011, 12:45 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Yes they do; that statement is a total crock.

If you make $25,000 a year, unless 100% of your state and federal taxes are refunded to you, you will pay taxes to either Uncle Sam or your state treasurer.

Period!!!!!
That's the whole point. You said "unless 100% of your state and fed taxes are refunded, you will pay taxes." Duh.

The problem is, many people who make $25k/yr pay nothing, especially if they have kids. Some even get money back. My SIL was on UE for the whole year and they did not withhold taxes from her checks. She got like $6k back when she filed (despite not having paid anything in, not a dime) b/c she has three kids under 18. She also gets food stamps, Medicaid and was at one point getting TANF. And she gets one of those free cell phones. Not to mention that all her bills were paid by her ex-husband and her oldest daughter.

You see nothing wrong with this?

I should clarify...even when working, this woman is getting food stamps and Medicaid and most bills paid by her ex. This has been going on for at least as long as I've known her. She was not really looking for a job while on UE, she did the bare minimum to keep her UE rolling in...and she got the UE despite being fired on the grounds that she abused a client at her work.

This is how our system works, this is how our tax dollars are being spent. That's why I'm proud to be a Tea Party supporter...we're TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies