Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 01:31 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,602,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
There is a difference between condoning and trying to come up with WHY something happened. Detectives often investigate a criminal's motive for a crime....do you not see how this is beneficial?
quoted for truth.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:31 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,912,172 times
i always hate when i see articles like this.

1. im mixed(part white/part black), and i have no idea what the reasoning behind these idiot kids are. i was never brought up in an environment like that. essentially the opposite, a 2 parent household, suburb. i hate these stories because everything one black guy does ends up being thrown on the whole black population.

2. i hate these stories because its ammo for racists who will use it to caricature the whole black population(40 million).

3. i hate these stories because its just senseless stupid behavior with no reasoning behind it.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:32 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,851,182 times
Quote:
No, I won't lighten up. You don't put down a set of people (black mothers) by claiming them ignorant. That's offensive. My mother raised us in the ghetto and although she is not a college graduate, she is an intelligent woman and doesn't speak "black hood dialect". What is that anyway? Are you talking about the way Eminem talks?

So, "typical" black Moms are ignorant? There is a BIG difference between stereotypes that promote ignorance and one that promotes upper class over-indulgence.
Nobody said all black mothers were ignorant. But if these kids are a product of your parenting - you probably ain't mother teresa.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:34 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,805,330 times
Quote:
Again, WHO on this thread has condoned these actions? Who? Can you show ONE to prove your claim? Can you?

There is a difference between condoning and trying to come up with WHY something happened. Detectives often investigate a criminal's motive for a crime....do you not see how this is beneficial?
I never said they condoned the actions. But there is lot more WHY than any expressions of disgust towards the behavior. Can you imagine if the tables were turned and white youth attacked blacks. It would be the biggest story of the year. Most whites would be rightfully highly critical of the violent white youth. There would be more calls for punishment and few philosophical arguments about why it took place.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:34 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,602,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
You're seriously attempting to use the fact that they're upset by their situations in life as an excuse for for their sociopathic behavior?

Scores of people are upset with their situations in life. Those of any worth apply their energy to bettering their situation. Thugs use their situation as an excuse to justify their violent behavior.

Coddling and attempting to offer excuses for the behavior of these individuals will do nothing to improve their situation in life. They have no reason to change their behaviors as long as they know they will face few repercussions for their actions.
I am not excusing their behavior, only trying to find the reason and cause behind the behavior. This is what seems to keep flying over y'alls collective heads. Instead of just reacting and condemning, I'm searching for a solution.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:38 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,851,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
I am not excusing their behavior, only trying to find the reason and cause behind the behavior. This is what seems to keep flying over y'alls collective heads. Instead of just reacting and condemning, I'm searching for a solution.
Which is understandable. But the reason ain't slavery. The reason is culture and parenting. Whether or not those are an indirect result of slavery or not is irrelevant.

You're talking about solutions, but your argument puts the blame before the solution.

7,795 posts, read 6,359,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
They're violent and feel entitled to other people's things.

35,879 posts, read 77,232,123 times
Quote:
No, I won't lighten up. You don't put down a set of people (black mothers) by claiming them ignorant. That's offensive. My mother raised us in the ghetto and although she is not a college graduate, she is an intelligent woman and doesn't speak "black hood dialect". What is that anyway? Are you talking about the way Eminem talks?

So, "typical" black Moms are ignorant? There is a BIG difference between stereotypes that promote ignorance and one that promotes upper class over-indulgence.
WOW. You sure twist things around!

This thread is about black kids attacking white kids. Now you have tried to turn it into something nefarious about black mothers! Dear me.

Yes, here in Charlotte, NC, we have a problem with repeat offenders, most often under the age of 21 (wh/ is very troubling - why so many kids have started a life of crime so early). Many are still minors! Now this is shocking and upsetting, for the whole community. The neighborhoods where these kids live often have folks who are intimidated and frightened by the these young thugs, so nothing gets done about confronting the issues. And their mothers TYPICALLY uphold their kid's behavior.

So, yes, we see clips on TV of mothers upholding their kid's behavior. And yes, they look pretty ignorant and they are from the hood.

Just b/c someone makes fun of a white trash mother upholding her kid's heinous behavior, I am not gonna be offended and take that personally. You must be awfully insecure. Dang.

4,520 posts, read 4,200,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I hear rationalization and accusations of racism on the part of the participants of this thread (which whether truthful or not are completely irrelevant to this topic).

If it weren't for race liberals would have absolutely nothing to say about mobs beating up random people for no reason.
Isn't it human nature to find out the motive for a crime?
When a crime is committed, do we just say "Oh, well, he was evil" or do we look into the why's to make sense of it all? Why is trying to figure out what would cause someone to do something so heinous a way of excusing their behavior?

When there is ever talk of slavery, you get the people who will eventually say "Well, slavery was a long time ago. The morals and ethics were different then, etc, etc". Are those excuses? Or are those ways to maybe explain why slavery was allowed to happen?

IMO, it's always important to find out WHY a crime is committed. Otherwise, how could you ever hope to prevent it from happening again?

Old 08-05-2011, 01:39 PM

13,570 posts, read 21,341,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i always hate when i see articles like this.

1. im mixed(part white/part black), and i have no idea what the reasoning behind these idiot kids are. .

It is a lack of respect, lack of morals and the "gang mentality" .And when I say gang I don't mean just street gang, but gang mentality of the things people will do when they are horded in a group that they wouldn't do if they were alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies