Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 02:11 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post

Start by cutting 50% of the federal workers or .. cut their d@mn salaries!

Why should the Private Sector be suffering a near 20% unemployment rate while the Feds continue to grow!
How many government jobs have been added since '08?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 02:11 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Yawn..... no relevant contribution to this discussion.
As with most liberals .. Your reply speaks volumes!

You have nothing to say in response simply because the garbage that you threw out there was .. Well, garbage!

Old 08-06-2011, 02:14 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Just off the top of my head .. I can start with the 16,000 additional IRS agents that will Enforce health-care!

I'll leave it up to you to do some additional research because I gotta do something important like .. watch paint dry!

Old 08-06-2011, 02:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Most politicians in Washington, especially those who are media regulars use this kind of name calling.

I call the TEA party obstructionists. Its a fair name, yes some of their members are loons, but most aren't I can say the same thing about liberals and Democrats.
I think that Maureen Dowd is a columinst who is printed in many newspapers throughout the nation. I imagine that her name calling leads to lots of that stuff from lefties.

Go ahead and listen to some of my Congressman talking on the floor of the House and on talk shows. Then call the man a loon. Try Tim Huelskamp on YouTube.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:21 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Just off the top of my head .. I can start with the 16,000 additional IRS agents that will Enforce health-care!

I'll leave it up to you to do some additional research because I gotta do something important like .. watch paint dry!
Nope, that was a partisan lie...WND stuff IRS Expansion | FactCheck.org

Again, how many government jobs have been added since '08?

Old 08-06-2011, 02:23 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
What a waste of space in a newspaper.

As pointed out here:

"Maureen Dowd’s reaction in the NYT to the debt deal is about as level headed as one might expect from her, which is to say, it’s entirely emotional. overwrought and unhinged. And pointless."

"Dowd is so flighty and unserious she can’t even stick to a single monster metaphor. She’s just flinging Halloween goop at the walls hoping something will stick...And the alleged “paper of record†deems it all worthy of publication. We’re supposed to reason with and negotiate with such people about the fate of the nation?"

The PJ Tatler » Maureen Dowd, Still a Silly and Frivolous Hack Wasting Valuable Real Estate
If her columns are so pointless, what is the point of the right commenting on them?

Old 08-06-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Tnuts are funny to hear from. I wonder how much longer we will have the entertainment.
bob do you really agree with trlhiker and Dowd? I really thought you were more reality based than this but maybe I have been wrong all along. You have become more like them lately.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
she nailed it!
Which of her Halloween names do you prefer?

Old 08-06-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So stating facts is being juvenile?
What FACTS did either you or the b**ch state?

Old 08-06-2011, 02:32 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
If her columns are so pointless, what is the point of the right commenting on them?
For one thing, another illustration of what a piece of tissue paper the NYT is. Another might be to expose the depth to which the Left has sunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies