Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 08:25 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,687,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
OK, I get it. Call people delusional if they don't fully embrace or agree the conservative point of view. Nice mantra, BTW.
Nope, credit will come at a high cost until we get our house in order. Unfortunately there is only one way, cut spending. I ain't making it up, look ay Greece and Italy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 08:26 PM

3,083 posts, read 3,996,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
US Credit Rating Shattered.

Congratulations GOP, you succeeded in your mission. The five month deficit circus finally paid off.

Get real. Both parties are up to their necks in responsibility for this.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:27 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,674,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Nope, credit will come at a high cost until we get our house in order. Unfortunately there is only one way, cut spending. I ain't making it up, look ay Greece and Italy.
And close tax loopholes. End oil subsidies.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:28 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,674,822 times
And I'm not voting again for *anyone* already in Congress.

8,802 posts, read 8,863,119 times
I have a prediction: Democrats will blame the Tea Party; Republican will blame the President.

4,410 posts, read 6,119,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
Obama quadrupled the deficit and doubled the debt under his administration. Scapegoating Bush is getting really old!
In order for Obama to have addressed this issue, the entire Federal budget would have to have been gutted. No one would have sat still for that and extreme chaos would have ensued. Since that option was not really advisable, and since the economy was already a trainwreck, there was no other option for Obama than to stay the course and continue the charade a bit longer.

Where Bush is concerned, it was his party's official position that was more adamant about cutting spending and it not only failed, but failed miserably to keep things in check. What stands out from the Bush years is that there was no debate, no consideration for even attempting to address this issue. The loudest screams came from the Democrats. His administration's and Congress' blank check shot the rate at which we spent money to the moon. Using data from 2009, policies started under Bush cost $5.07 trillion while policies started since Obama took office only total $1.44 trillion.

I'm with most Americans when I put more blame on Bush than on Obama. Yes, both could have done something to curtail spending but we all know how difficult a pill that would be for us to swallow. The real blame is the American public, as usual, for not putting the brakes on it. However, that's how our system is currently designed: the people are only allowed to have the illusion of power. The dark faceless men at the controls have other plans.

19,890 posts, read 18,687,339 times
Quote:
And close tax loopholes. End oil subsidies.
Nice, How much revenue will that generate? what is our deficit? Time to stop the stupidity and work on cutting spending. This kind of tripe can't be suffered anymore.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:29 PM

487 posts, read 380,829 times
Quote:
Do you remember when taxes were raised to FUND wars in the past century? World War I? World War II? Korean War? Vietnam War?
Do you remember the current state of our economy? You are still avoiding the issue here. So just because Bush increased the deficit, you think it is acceptable for Obama to do so also. I question your ethics...

278 posts, read 547,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyischamp View Post
how does this affect me refinancing my house? today everything was finished except now the bank needs to draw the papers for me to sign. please tell me the deal will still go through.....
can someone who knows about this stuff please tell me if i am safe or should i be worried?

76,857 posts, read 47,191,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Wow... so you are saying the GOP didn't want to cut spending? The Credit agencies wanted 4 Trillion in cuts... we ALL know who don't want the cuts... stop spinning BS...
Credit agencies did want anything until GOP started screaming 'OH, MY GOD, OH MY GOD, THE SKY IS FALLING. USA IS FINISHED". And they didn't shut up until the damage was done. I have never, NEVER seen such political irresponsibility in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies