Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 07:46 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,221,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You do realize that is idiotic? All the Credit agencies that... and all of them said the US gov needed to cut 4 Trillion... it didn't happen... only ONE thing can happen at this point.... if Moody's and Fitch doesn't downgrade, that can only mean one thing... Big Business and Big Government... if so, THEY need to be dismantled because THEY are the problem...
More cuts will be announced in November. That's my point, S&P now have crystal balls and can tell the future.

US Treasuries are the safest and most transparent in the world. S&P can take a hike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 07:46 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,387,698 times
I do think this is all part of the plan to create a New World Order.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:47 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,707,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
And therein lies the problem. GOP don't want to touch the possibility of increasing taxes while the Democrats don't want to touch entitlement.

I dislike both parties, but I dislike the GOP even more.
Ask yourself a question. How big is our problem? Where do we spend the most money? Doesn't it make sense to address that problem first? In the past, the answer has been raise taxes. We have never, ever made meaningful cuts to entitlements. We have made meaningful tax increases, yet we are where we are. Let's try meaningful entitlement cuts. If they are done and we need tax increases, I'm on board.

2,093 posts, read 4,680,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You just contradicted yourself; considering that what he said was about right. I think you prefer one way conversations where everyone agrees with you and slaps your rep button.

The people in here trying to make this downgrade a partisan reaction either don't understand what just happened, or don't really care.
And you just stepped into situation without prior knowledge of the discussion roy and I had in another thread weeks ago.

4,866 posts, read 5,662,479 times
I do not like Obama and this administration ...I think he is one of the worst presidents this country has ever had...but I am not a big George W. Bush fan either.

However, I think the finger pointing needs to stop. That has taken us NOWHERE. I mean look at the economy...Look at our unemployment numbers! It is Clinton's fault...it is Bush's fault...It is Obama's fault...It's Mickey Mouse's fault.

Divided we are failing.

BIG TIME.

12,373 posts, read 13,164,348 times
Quote:
Roy, I suggest YOU ignore my posts since I don't respond much to folks who prefer one-way communication.
Pay him no mind, I don't!

4,002 posts, read 3,895,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You do realize that is idiotic? All the Credit agencies that... and all of them said the US gov needed to cut 4 Trillion... it didn't happen... only ONE thing can happen at this point.... if Moody's and Fitch doesn't downgrade, that can only mean one thing... Big Business and Big Government... if so, THEY need to be dismantled because THEY are the problem...
I think Moody's already has the United States on a watch list.

A downgrade usually comes w/in 30 days of being placed on a watch list.

Fitch isn't going to be ready for our watch list status until sometime the end of August .. We'll most likely be downgraded by Fitch some time in September.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:48 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,600,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
Yes, Bush is responsible for everything evil that has ever happened in the history of the world. Remember that one time when Bush found a time machine and accidently brought about the fall of the Roman Empire?
Let's not get ridiculous. The only empire he brought down was ours. In all seriousness, I do blame him for this though. I think the country was in pretty good shape when he took over -- two unfunded wars, an unfunded perscription bill and steep tax cuts screwed us. I don't blame Bush for the recession, but I think we would have been in much better shape to handle it had it not been for him.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:49 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,473,946 times
Quote:
And the time to raise tax revenue by ending subsidies and tax loopholes is now!

(But GOP don't want to.)
No, they like to go after the elderly people that get SS and medicare. Bachmann needs her farm subsidy going tho.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:49 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,707,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
and DOD.
Sure, but DoD is 16% of spending. Entitlements? 50%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies