Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 08:08 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,704,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
That's just cuckoo. They are a large part of the Rep majority in the House.
You are a bit tone deaf. They clearly turn out to be right, and that is coming from someone who thought they were a bit nutty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 08:08 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,589,733 times
I really don't thnik mnay disagree with this except they how have to move on nations like France and other that are in een more trouble in downgrading them.I thnik that it is that the governamnt is disfunstional in what it effectb=vie did on deficit and the euorepan even more so. I want to see if Italy really puts in place a constitutional balanced budget amendment ad in statement. Ceertainly we have seen what Germnay's moving to redcue government spending has down for them.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:09 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,468,329 times
You know as I sit here and scroll this thread and read replies I am so sad for this country, I never thought that I would see these days. I also sit here and read the replies and see posters doing the very thing they blame politicians for. The back and forth bickering. When people can not even agree on the very basics nothing will ever get done in this country and while all the bickering is going on our freedoms and all that is great about this country will be further in the distance. Sad.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:10 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,220,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
It seems so elementary, but many don't seem to grasp it. You cannot keep raising the debt ceiling without making cuts. It is simple math. The United States deserves to be downgraded for irresponsible spending on the part of both parties. How much money did we spend to put shrimp on a treadmill? Those special interest wastes of money have been around for years. How about the brilliant move to shut down farmland to save an endangered fish species. People need to come to grips with reality. We voted these fools into office, let them keep spending like drunken sailors and now act shocked?!
You cannot stop making payments on debt, because you want to make cuts.
It's like you going on a shopping spree at Macys, and then refusing to pay the credit card bill because your husband is telling you "you better stop shopping!". You stop shopping, but still pay your credit card bill, since it's you obligation!

Is that elementary enough for you?

20,187 posts, read 23,774,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Something real has to happen. $4 trillion in cuts isn't gonna do it.
I don't think so either... I think it has to be bigger but I am afraid to offer solutions that are really going to hurt America... I can't understand how anyone can say they want to increase the SS age, they are basically saying "I hope you die before you can collect SS.".... How can they cut Medicare benefits when seniors are already on fixed incomes? How can they build a BILLION dollar base in Iraq and can't house our homeless? I just don't get it... Why are we telling poor people to live in cold climates when they can't afford their heating bill? Then Obama wants to give tax credits to people who hire Veterans... huh? Does he think that has long-term benefits anywhere? Does he think that our unemployment numbers are low?? There are people everywhere looking for jobs... sometimes, I just think he doesn't think things through at all...

20,702 posts, read 12,470,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyischamp View Post
can someone who knows about this stuff please tell me if i am safe or should i be worried?
You should be OK if every thing is done and ready to close. Hopefully you locked in your rate. If you are using BoA then IDK because they killed a deal when we were selling my mom's condo the day before closing.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,171,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Who was the one who deflected obvious fact that the previous wars were funded by raising taxes in the past century?

Both presidents are to be blamed for increasing the budget deficit, but the Republicans are hell bent on making sure that Obama gets all the blame.
And you are hell bent on twisting it around completely the other way.

8,560 posts, read 11,181,461 times
It is a bit amusing that the Tea Party actually pulled that budget negotiation trigger 9 months ago, November 2010. But the left has consistently claimed the Tea Party to be nothing, irrelevant, just a bunch of idiots. Nine months ago the Tea Party said it was time to change but nobody wanted to listen.

Hopey Changey... we got the Changey part now. Ready to start listening???

487 posts, read 381,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Let's not get ridiculous. The only empire he brought down was ours. In all seriousness, I do blame him for this though. I think the country was in pretty good shape when he took over -- two unfunded wars, an unfunded perscription bill and steep tax cuts screwed us. I don't blame Bush for the recession, but I think we would have been in much better shape to handle it had it not been for him.
I really hope you know I was being sarcastic, which I know doesn't work well on internet forums.

22,923 posts, read 15,395,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Absolutely correct, no doubt about it. The US has been a thorn in the foot of world bankers for two hundred years. How dare millions of people continue to have the freedom to think and act for themselves.

Couldn't break our spirits, so now they'll break our economy.

You are a stellar example of a person that doesn't "get it".

Tell us oh master of spin how the Dems or Reps (in any combination) would have avoided this disaster? We are all ears -- lefties, centrists and conservatives are all waiting with baited breath.

Talk about defelection: You are blaming this chit on the rest of the world? It's those evil foreign bankers?

I sincerely hope you're being sarcastic and do not actually believe that crap!

Couldn't break your spirit; what concerted effort on the part of the foreign bankers was an attempt to break your spirit and exactly who would give a rat's patoot about your spirit?

YOU and you people alone are responsible for this mess you're in!

All of this idiotic obsession over Republicans and Democrats with their childish and retarded bickering; jeeez louis, doesn't anybody down there think this is a scene right out of Gulliver's Travels.

Why the hell can't you people all open your eggs at the small end?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies