Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 08:25 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,753,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Look, you can blame the Dems all you want. The fact is the TP and GOP refused to compromise on revenue increases to reach the $4 tril in cuts Obama was willing to compromise on.

It was their way or the highway. We are now starting to see the effects of "my way or the highway" politics.
WHAT CUTS WERE MADE? The rating agencies just called our governments bluff. Wise up will ya. Stop spouting off on issues you simply can't seem to grasp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,997 posts, read 13,600,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
The republicans were the ones sounding the alarm over these continued huge deficits over the past couple years. We were called fear mongers.
Whatyousay, in all sincerity, you were the ones sounding the alarms bells. However, the GOP undercut its credibility with its no tax and spend presidents. Bush, Bush I and Reagan... sorry, they weren't fiscally conservative.

44,882 posts, read 33,182,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Evil, I know you are a partisan hack, but perhaps you will free your brain for just long enough to allow a single ray of truth in. Obama was pushing for a $4 trillion deal. He wanted to get there with $3 trillion in cuts, and $1 trillion in tax increases. The overwhelming majority of Americans support this. I think many responsible Republicans support this. John Boehner seemed to support this. The Tea Bags did not. Rather than get behind a bill that could have averted this catastrophe, which will be felt by ALL of us, they spinned their ideological wheels pushing for futile measures and political theater. This is their fault. They are going to get the blame for this.

(If Bush weren't such a rotten coward, he'd man up and take some of the heat on himself though.)
Did all the Tea Party people vote against this sad law? Why no, many of them went with the establishment people in the other parties and voted for that law. About 20 of them in the House voted against it and they were the only ones. It is getting more and more sad to hear you squeal about the Tea Party being the ones that screwed all this around. Enough Republicans went with the Dems in the House to pass it without them holding it back.

How in hell can you call someone else a political hack when that is all you are seeming to be?

Old 08-05-2011, 08:26 PM

760 posts, read 684,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
It is EVERYBODY's (Democrats, GOD and TP) fault.
We all know who is responsible for this......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Damn those noodly appendages!

27,206 posts, read 46,604,028 times
Maybe another Nobel prize for Obama...Worst President ever!!!!

Officially, Obama beat Carter!!!

thanks Mr. President....you set another record!

74 times playing golf has helped you to earn this title!

20,702 posts, read 12,475,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Ask yourself a question. How big is our problem? Where do we spend the most money? Doesn't it make sense to address that problem first? In the past, the answer has been raise taxes. We have never, ever made meaningful cuts to entitlements. We have made meaningful tax increases, yet we are where we are. Let's try meaningful entitlement cuts. If they are done and we need tax increases, I'm on board.
and how long ago was that?

Old 08-05-2011, 08:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,182,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
maybe we could be the new soviet union and Russia can be the good cop this time.
I have been concerned about voting in an election after 2010 for some time and now I just am not sure.

9,855 posts, read 10,388,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Whatyousay, in all sincerity, you were the ones sounding the alarms bells. However, the GOP undercut its credibility with its no tax and spend presidents. Bush, Bush I and Reagan... sorry, they weren't fiscally conservative.
McCain tried and was rebuffed numerous times as a crackpot when he sounded the alarm on the housing crisis.

7,545 posts, read 8,306,680 times
Quote:
OK. So you have a chance to cut the debt by $4 tril and what do you do?
Hi-jack the plan. Refusing to compromise. Nice work. Good in theory, horrible in practice.
Where was this $4T cut plan? A campaign speech or more useless rhetoric? Please, if you actually believe that a $4T cut actually existed in the place the rest of the world calls reality, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

487 posts, read 381,454 times
Quote:
Look, you can blame the Dems all you want. The fact is the TP and GOP refused to compromise on revenue increases to reach the $4 tril in cuts Obama was willing to compromise on.

It was their way or the highway. We are now starting to see the effects of "my way or the highway" politics.
I know you don't believe in trickle down economics, but raising taxes in a down economy would be disastrous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies