Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:03 PM

901 posts, read 1,893,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
and its not a 14 trillion debt, its more like a 60 trillion debt.
Actually, it's closer to $115 trillion if you're looking at total unfunded liabilities.

source: U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 10:03 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,752,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I think it hit like a ton of bricks. The usual suspect blaming Bush, billionaires and millionaires, the Tea Party and corporate jets have been absent for the most part. I think a more sober attitude can be detected here, and around the internet.
I'm almost afraid to listen to the speach we'll be getting about this.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:06 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,707,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'm almost afraid to listen to the speach we'll be getting about this.
I can't believe he would take to the air once again. He has no credibility. I am very serious when I say, I would not be surprised if he decided not to run again. I see no path for him to get re-elected.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:08 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,891,444 times
Now is not the time for blame and pointing fingers. It doesn't really matter who did what . . .only that we learn something from the past and elect people who care more about others than foolish self-interest.

We need SPIRITUAL leaders . . . people with vision, morality, integrity - no more bickering and foolishness . . .the time has come to pray for some higher consciousness to imbue politics and the minds of all of us for the greater good of the world, not just the U.S.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:08 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,895,203 times
Quote:
I can't believe he would take to the air once again. He has no credibility. I am very serious when I say, I would not be surprised if he decided not to run again. I see no path for him to get re-elected.
Sort of sheds a whole new light on the term "Lame Duck" .. don't it?

Old 08-05-2011, 10:09 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,204,447 times
Quote:
Of course he will . . . he just loves to hear himself speak.

I decided over a year ago that I was never gonna listen to another word O had to say and would you believe . . . I have managed to switch channels fast enuff to have never suffered thru/ another of his BS speeches.

Now, I will read them just to stay informed, but I do not ever want to actually hear another word he says.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:11 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,204,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Now is not the time for blame and pointing fingers. It doesn't really matter who did what . . .only that we learn something from the past and elect people who care more about others than foolish self-interest.

We need SPIRITUAL leaders . . . people with vision, morality, integrity - no more bickering and foolishness . . .the time has come to pray for some higher consciousness to imbue politics and the minds of all of us for the greater good of the world, not just the U.S.

THank you for that, Imcurious. You are totally correct. I have been doing a lot of praying, but I don't know that I am big enuff person to stop with the recriminations, b/c I am very angry.

But you are right. The anger is wasted emotion. We need guidance as a nation.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:12 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,299,693 times
Reality has set in which is, central bankers are debt pushing financial terrorists. No country has to have a national debt.

Last edited by 73-79 ford fan; 08-05-2011 at 10:27 PM..

Old 08-05-2011, 10:19 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,752,007 times
I believe Obama is doing his best. I believe they all do their best.

Sometimes doing ones best just isn't enough when you can't fully grasp the fateful nature of the job. Obama is a great activist, campaigner and oralist, but a lousy President. As a Senator he only visited congress a few times. Less than two years and he was back on the campaign trail running on change. He wasn't prepared well enough to be President. This isn't harping on him, it's simply a fact.

Would we have been better off with Clinton or McCain, I highly doubt it. WE were played and handed a loaded deck.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:07 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,983,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Old Hanoi John Kerry was on blathering about how the media shouldn't give the tea party any coverage and basically cut em off. LOL. Yeah compromise all around.
So much for free speech or freewill if it shakes their money tree....

Zell Miller pegged Kerry right been wrong on more things and never has been right on anything....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies