Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:02 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,161,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
It is apparent that our elected officials will never be able to serve the people as they are too busy serving themselves.
Our politicians are serving their constituents. The problem is we are a divided country and it's getting worse. It's time to stop blaming politicians who we elect and do try to serve the majority of the people who vote for them. I think it's time for a reality check. Multi-cultural societies very rarely last over the long haul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 11:52 AM

15,442 posts, read 21,268,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Our politicians are serving their constituents. The problem is we are a divided country and it's getting worse. It's time to stop blaming politicians who we elect and do try to serve the majority of the people who vote for them. I think it's time for a reality check. Multi-cultural societies very rarely last over the long haul.

Right on target but the truth is not fashionable these days.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:57 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,373,731 times
Yup! Bring a glass of water.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:58 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,183,823 times
Let's get on the phone to see if we can reach out and touch someone...

Free cell phones are now a civil right
Quote:
Recently, a federal government program called the Universal Service Fund came to the Keystone State and some residents are thrilled because it means they can enjoy 250 minutes a month and a handset for free, just because they don't have the money to pay for it

Old 08-06-2011, 12:07 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,979,596 times
Simply put, no. Human beings are too messed up and will often vote against their own interests simply to one-up their perceived enemies.

I hope you all enjoy the years of a Chinese superpower. What could possibly go wrong with that....

Old 08-06-2011, 12:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,515,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
True. The liberals have been pushing "diversity" and now that we have it they act like it's terrible. Of course we cannot come together, we do not have unity, we have diversity.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:14 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,948,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
It is apparent that our elected officials will never be able to serve the people as they are too busy serving themselves.
I assume you are talking about Real Americans™ because based upon our conversations I would have a hard time discerning the difference between being in hell and your vision of America.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Simply put, no. Human beings are too messed up and will often vote against their own interests simply to one-up their perceived enemies.

I hope you all enjoy the years of a Chinese superpower. What could possibly go wrong with that....
Point taken my good man! Having said that, you do realize I'm going to steal this, aren't you? ...

Old 08-06-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I assume you are talking about Real Americansâ„¢ because based upon our conversations I would have a hard time discerning the difference between being in hell and your vision of America.

Please define this... ...

Old 08-06-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True. The liberals have been pushing "diversity" and now that we have it they act like it's terrible. Of course we cannot come together, we do not have unity, we have diversity.
Do not mistake me sir. I am a proponent of "multiculturalism."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies