Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Obama worse than Carter
Not yet, but he's getting there 4 6.56%
He is unquestionably worse than Carter 57 93.44%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 04:34 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,872,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Oh a "birther"? you don't need a "tin foil" hat but maybe an armored hat & suit since the "world" is coming to end!
Oh, an assumer.

I didn't say the POTUS was not a US Citizen, I said,
"There is still doubt about the authenticity of his citizenship"

which is a true statement.

I see you are one of those who when at a loss to rebut a statement or argument logically, simply change what was said to something you can rebut. It's called a straw man argument and if my tone seems a bit strident it's because I truly don't appreciate words being put in my mouth.

Even changing my statements however, you still have trouble grasping the concept of intelligent debate. Instead of refuting anything said, you attack me personally with what has become a slanderous term such as racist or homophobe meant to discredit anything a particular person says without having to actually address what was said.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you . . . (etc.)

As for the world coming to an end, that's another statement I would expect from someone who has difficulty expressing themselves logically. I doubt you have ever travelled outside the United States or you would know, the United States is not the world. The government of the United States can fail, the economy can fail and the citizens may be little more than indentured servants to those who own their labor via debt, however the world will continue.

Many will likely feel satisfaction that the ignorant and spoiled people of this country who support the armed occupation of other countries have finally received their comeuppance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 04:38 PM

7,119 posts, read 8,614,944 times
I think the capture/killing of Bin Laden will save Obama from Jimmy Carter territory...but the down grading of our credit rating on his watch is not going to qualify him for head of the class!

Old 08-06-2011, 04:46 PM

485 posts, read 1,452,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
It's clear that many of the posters in this thread were asleep from January 20, 2001 to January 20, 2009.
That was not the point of this poll! The OP asked those who had lived thru both to rate Carter vs Obama. No reference was made to Bush. If you want to ask that question, feel free to start a new thread.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:48 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,204,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marysally View Post
That was not the point of this poll! The OP asked those who had lived thru both to rate Carter vs Obama. No reference was made to Bush. If you want to ask that question, feel free to start a new thread.
Exactly.

THere are those of us who have tried to sincerely answer the OP's question. Make your own poll if you wanna talk about "worst President in the last 100 years" or whatever.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:54 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,022,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think the capture/killing of Bin Laden will save Obama from Jimmy Carter territory...but the down grading of our credit rating on his watch is not going to qualify him for head of the class!
I disagree, Obama had little or no part in that other then say, "Ya sounds good, do it". Obamacare and threats to raise taxes have crippled our economy and still does.

Both parties are guilty of destroying our credit rating, we are more to blame for voting for these chicken headed cowards.

Poeple are going to get over the symbolism over substance, and hold him accountable for the millions of lost jobs..He said the buck stops with him and he will have his feet held to the fire for it. I rolled my eyes when he decided to have Biden as a running parter and hoped Biden would just keep his mouth shut, but Biden is going to Abide

Obama's biggest burden is the idiots he has surrounded himself with to help his administration, all are clueless.

The Bush blame is old and getting weaker by the day. I voted for Obama, and had high hopes....much against my better judgement based on his experience, but benifit of the doubt the man deserved a chance. I wont be duped again.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:56 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,167,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Exactly.

THere are those of us who have tried to sincerely answer the OP's question. Make your own poll if you wanna talk about "worst President in the last 100 years" or whatever.
Exactly and many have said this same thing throughout this thread.

I have had many a post deleted from threads as being "off topic" but all the Bush-bashing posts on this thread which is not about Bush have been allowed to stand.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:58 PM

58,659 posts, read 26,945,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Here is a real democrat........I'll just leave this here

‪Income Tax Cut, JFK Hopes To Spur Economy 1962/8/13‬‏ - YouTube
While I agree with cutting taxes, that alone doesn't make him great. The dems wouldn't have him today.

What else did he do?

Old 08-06-2011, 05:00 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,022,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
While I agree with cutting taxes, that alone doesn't make him great. The dems wouldn't have him today.

What else did he do?
He stopped the Soviets from having a nuke base in Cuba to kill us. This thread is not about this...

Wikipedia Kennedy, he did some wrong things, but every president does. Kennedy for being a democrat was an alright president in my eyes. Much more back bone the the recent heard of cowards.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:17 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,765,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
So, I don't think either were particularly bad. Obama is a far more inspiring speaker than Carter, but Carter proved he is an intelligent and compassionate man. He is probably the most impressive ex-president we have had.
I agree with this. Also I agree with the PPs who mentioned there is no "Reagan" in the GOP field that can defeat Obama in 2012. Like I quoted above, Obama is an inspiring speaker and is a great candidate and really I don't feel the majority of Americans hate him beyond all measure like staunch conservatives seem to do. I don't like a lot of what he does, but I don't like any of the GOP candidates and don't like any other alternative candidates and will more than likely vote for Obama again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Yes, it's true about Reagan (though he was actually a horrible President for the vast majority of Americans, unless you were rich, just IMHO). The near worship of him did not exist in the 80s. It was pushed in the 90s when the Republicans gained control of Congress and the worst type of hateful fanatics were becoming increasingly powerful in the GOP.

I also agree with this. I remember more of Reagan than Carter and I had a very large distaste for Reagan and really could not understand and still don't understand all the adoration that people give him. That said, I don't think he was a horrible president, but I don't think any presidents are all that horrible. I do feel that Bush II was the worst in my lifetime so far but even he had qualities I liked.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:23 PM

7,119 posts, read 8,614,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
I disagree, Obama had little or no part in that other then say, "Ya sounds good, do it". Obamacare and threats to raise taxes have crippled our economy and still does.

Both parties are guilty of destroying our credit rating, we are more to blame for voting for these chicken headed cowards.

Poeple are going to get over the symbolism over substance, and hold him accountable for the millions of lost jobs..He said the buck stops with him and he will have his feet held to the fire for it. I rolled my eyes when he decided to have Biden as a running parter and hoped Biden would just keep his mouth shut, but Biden is going to Abide

Obama's biggest burden is the idiots he has surrounded himself with to help his administration, all are clueless.

The Bush blame is old and getting weaker by the day. I voted for Obama, and had high hopes....much against my better judgement based on his experience, but benifit of the doubt the man deserved a chance. I wont be duped again.
I agree with your point about Bin Laden it was more about giving the ok however if it had gone wrong like Carters attempted rescue where the helicopters went down in a sand storm...Presidents take heat for military screwups as well as praise for successes and they really don't have much hand in either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies