Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,520,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
(Reuters) - A NATO helicopter crashed in central Afghanistan overnight killing 31 U.S. soldiers and 7 Afghan troops, the Afghan president said on Saturday, a devastating death toll and easily the worst single incident for foreign troops in 10 years of war.

when do we stop?

our credit rating is shot, our people are dying, other people are dying, our debt load is rising, and most americans oppose the war.

when will this president listen to us?
God bless the family of all soldiers marines and airmen kill in action
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 11:13 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,802,534 times
Very sad. I don't even know what we are still doing in Afghanistan anymore. I don't understand what the mission is. We should have bombed Afghanistan back to the stone age and left years ago.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:20 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,063,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Very sad. I don't even know what we are still doing in Afghanistan anymore. I don't understand what the mission is. We should have bombed Afghanistan back to the stone age and left years ago.
Why should we have bombed it back to the Stone Ages? What did the people of Afghanistan do to us to deserve something like that?

Old 08-06-2011, 11:21 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,311,381 times
Quote:
Very sad. I don't even know what we are still doing in Afghanistan anymore.
This is the reason we are in Afghanistan.

U.S. Identifies Vast Mineral Riches in Afghanistan - NYTimes.com

Old 08-06-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why should we have bombed it back to the Stone Ages? What did the people of Afghanistan do to us to deserve something like that?
OK we should have bombed areas where the Taliban were concentrated in. We should have eliminated the Taliban for good. The Afghan people aren't so innocent. In particular the men who treat women like subhumans, even worse than other Muslim countries.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:40 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,063,814 times
Quote:
OK we should have bombed areas where the Taliban were concentrated in. We should have eliminated the Taliban for good. The Afghan people aren't so innocent. In particular the men who treat women like subhumans, even worse than other Muslim countries.
Why should we attack the Taliban? They're Afghans. They have every right to attempt to impose their will on their own country if they choose without our interference. It's not our place to eliminate movements in other nations.

As for their treatment of women, too bad. That's a horrible plight for those women, but it aint my plight and therefore not my business. If they don't like it, they should either flee the country, challenge the Taliban with arms, or deal with it. But i'm damn sure not gonna lose sleep over the women in Afghanistan.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Why should we attack the Taliban? They're Afghans. They have every right to attempt to impose their will on their own country if they choose without our interference. It's not our place to eliminate movements in other nations.

As for their treatment of women, too bad. That's a horrible plight for those women, but it aint my plight and therefore not my business. If they don't like it, they should either flee the country, challenge the Taliban with arms, or deal with it. But i'm damn sure not gonna lose sleep over the women in Afghanistan.
Because radical groups like the Taliban cause terror. The world would be safer if these groups were eliminated and replaced with secular governments.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:49 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,941,820 times
Quote:
Did the millions of Innocent men, women and children of Iraq and Afghanistan deserve to be killed by U.S. Predator drones and missiles, while they slept in the middle of the night?

Last edited by dorado0359; 08-07-2011 at 05:30 AM..

Old 08-07-2011, 05:27 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,873,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Were you listening when the President announced plans to withdraw 10,000 troops from Afghanistan next year?

Were you listening when President Obama put a $4 trillion deficit reduction deal on the table that included $3 trillion in spending cuts and $1 million dollars in revenue increase that the Republicans turned down to due to the revenue increase?

Were you listening when S&P stated that it would take at least $4 trillion in deficit reduction for the United States to keep it's AAA credit raining

Were you listening when John Boehner said "I got 98% of what I wante from this deal" when a deal was reached on only $1 trillion in intiatial cuts and MAYBE another 1.1 to 1.4 trillion in addtional cuts later?

Where you listening when the Republicans used the phrase of "We're Going To Hurt Some People" as their theme for the debt negotiations.

Were you listening when Mitch McConnell freely admitted he took the full faith and credit of the United States hostage and actually siad he's willinmg to do it again.

Were you listening when the S&P stated the acrimonious negotiations in the debt ceiling deal and the small amount of cuts where key factors in lowering the credit rating of the United States?

It would appear it's not the Preisident that is not listening to the American people.
i have listened to all of obama's lies. today's paper on the crash:

The U.S.-led coalition has begun a renewed military push into the mountainous terrain of eastern Afghanistan to target Taliban forces there after the addition of 30,000 American troops last year halted their gains in the country’s south.

“We have stepped up operations very sharply with the surge and we are entering areas with high concentrations of Taliban,” said Anthony Cordesman, a military analyst at the Center for Strategic and International Studies policy group in Washington

we are not decreasing-we are increasing.

this awful administration will not rest until every dollar has left america and landed on foreign shores, with a bunch of american citizens (and some innocent foreign civilians) being killed in the process.

i know i am sidetracking this thread, but americans want ONE thing-and that is a president who cares about america and focuses on america. obama is the first outright in your face globalist that this country has ever elected-although we certainly have had a push from past presidents in that direction. a little background on obama, because so little is actually known about him and records are sealed. it doesn't really matter whether obama is a muslim or not, but it certainly explains his interest in "globalization". why would our own president's records be unavailable for the citizens?:
http://www.indonesiamatters.com/2952/barry-soetoro/

Last edited by floridasandy; 08-07-2011 at 05:38 AM..

Old 08-07-2011, 06:44 AM

77,020 posts, read 47,402,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
this awful administration will not rest until every dollar has left america and landed on foreign shores, with a bunch of american citizens (and some innocent foreign civilians) being killed in the process.
Surely you understand that the people serving in the military are US citizens and when you pay them their salary, the money does not exactly land on foriegn shores. Also, the equipment and supplies are from US companies, so again the money does not land on foreign shores.

I won't even comment on the rest of your post which was nothing but an off topic ant-Obama rant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies