Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 08:43 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,935,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Really? I must have missed the republican anti-war rally, the vandalizing of military recruiting offices & ROTC buildings, the attempted banning of military recruiters from public schools and universities, Republican city councils calling US Marines "unwanted and unwelcomed intruders" to their city, or their shouts of baby killer/murderer towards military veterans. Oh, that's right! That's what ultra-liberals did when Bush was in office but all that ended the day Obama took office.
I realize you're just going on a senseless rant here, but almost every organization that militated against the war under Bush is doing so under Obama. I have seen it with my own eyes, and participated in events myself.

The notion that the anti-war crowd accepted the war because Obama took office is nothing but nonsense - most "ultra-liberals" see Obama no differently than they see Bush, which makes sense, since they have largely been of one mind when it comes to these wars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 08:56 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,845,163 times
If you think about it, how do you end a war on terrorism? There is no defined enemy. Our "enemy" has no flag, and wears no uniform. How do you win against that?

Old 08-06-2011, 09:16 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,321,560 times
Default GOP and Baggers must be slapped to where they belong: irrelevance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
U.S. official: More than two dozen U.S. deaths in Afghan copter crash - CNN.com

I am so freaking sick of all of this. Can someone give me some figures on how much we have spent in two wars? I am sick of our troops dying. I guess we are going for a 100-year war? It's time to end it. Period.

I really hope we are coming up on the American public being fed up with this mess. Wars, credit risks, massive debt, death, crumbling infrastructure, little to no job growth...shall I go on? What can we do as Americans? Vote the bums out? That hasn't worked. What next?
You live in a state that voted for George Bush, a pathetic village idiot universally recognized as the worst man to reside in the oval office in history. Bush wrecked this country, making it hard to fix, EVEN FOR ANOTHER REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT. He lied to engage this country in two unncessary ideological wars. He ignored the domestic agenda, while picking his nose in pure deregulation bliss as every domestic category fell into severe crisis mode. Worst than Bush are the people who put him there and supported his reelection. These are the people criticizing President Obama, the tea baggers, and any Conservative. Wake up.

This country cannot rise from the stench that was Bush and the Conservative agenda until we kick those people out of Congress and out of offices everywhere. They stink. It's obvious what must be done.

Dems were complacent for the Midterm elections allowing these imbeciles to gain a foothold. '12 promises to be very different now, especially with the GOP having caused the downgrade and broken Congress with their tea bagger bunch. A complete annihilation of the GOP and a reelection of this great President Obama solves the problems that plague this country.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,929,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
You live in a state that voted for George Bush, a pathetic village idiot universally recognized as the worst man to reside in the oval office in history. Bush wrecked this country, making it hard to fix, EVEN FOR ANOTHER REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT. He lied to engage this country in two unncessary ideological wars. He ignored the domestic agenda, while picking his nose in pure deregulation bliss as every domestic category fell into severe crisis mode. Worst than Bush are the people who put him there and supported his reelection. These are the people criticizing President Obama, the tea baggers, and any Conservative. Wake up.

This country cannot rise from the stench that was Bush and the Conservative agenda until we kick those people out of Congress and out of offices everywhere. They stink. It's obvious what must be done.

Dems were complacent for the Midterm elections allowing these imbeciles to gain a foothold. '12 promises to be very different now, especially with the GOP having caused the downgrade and broken Congress with their tea bagger bunch. A complete annihilation of the GOP and a reelection of this great President Obama solves the problems that plague this country.
One week liberals are celebrating Obama expanding wars, "Obama caught Bin Laden", the next week, its Bushs fault. Give it a break, the left wing should be totally embarassed by the amount of bull crap being posted daily.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:20 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,322,469 times
I feel awful for those families, but in war things like this happen.

Do you advocate pulling all troops out of Afghanistan, regardless of the consequences?

If you don't, then you have no right to complain about deaths in a war zone.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:21 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,359,834 times
There is no one and nothing in Afganistan worth the life of an American soldier. Both parties need to "get their heads out" and bring the troops home.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:22 AM

550 posts, read 602,280 times
Will get a whole lot worse. You ever seen the movie "The Road"??? The American lifestyle of excess, vanity, narcissism, and entitlement is unsustainable.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:24 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,600,782 times
The war is going to play out exactly like it was going to regardless of who was in office. In December of this year, we're going to scale way back in Iraq if not pull out completely. The maximum number of troops that will be left there is 10,000. In 2014, we're going to be down to similiar numbers in Afghanistan. The wars have been long and frustrating, but the die has been cast, and now we're just finishing up the end game.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:24 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,877,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Do you advocate pulling all troops out of Afghanistan, regardless of the consequences?

My tax dollars...that give me EVERY right to complain. And to hell with Iraq, Afghanistan, all of them. Let THEM run their own nation. I couldn't care less if they all went extinct. Come home, secure OUR borders, airports, seaports and let the rest of the world rot for all I care.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:27 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,778,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
One week liberals are celebrating Obama expanding wars, "Obama caught Bin Lade", the next week, its Bushs fault. Give it a break, the left wing should be totally embarassed by the amount of bull crap being posted daily.
From what I've seen, both sides should be embarassed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

I'm an isolationist so not only do I believe we never should have been in Iraq, Afghanistan, or Libya, we also should of pulled the troops when Obama won in '08. Spend money on your own home not someone else's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies