Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 09:28 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,322,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
My tax dollars...that give me EVERY right to complain. And to hell with Iraq, Afghanistan, all of them. Let THEM run their own nation. I couldn't care less if they all went extinct. Come home, secure OUR borders, airports, seaports and let the rest of the world rot for all I care.
Not if you support the wars it doesn't.

If you don't support continuing the wars, consequences be damned, then you have every right to complain.

In war, people die, it is that simple.

Its a hard truth, but a truth none the less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 09:32 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,521,481 times
It's foolish that military age Muslims are pouring into the USA and the west, while we're fighting their battles for them. Nation building will not work. Just contain the Muslims in their Islamic paradises and let them figure it all out.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:37 AM

46,186 posts, read 26,914,971 times
This is a pretty pathetic thread....

left or right, I really do not care....

I knew some of those people on that Aircraft, even trained a few....

So how about not arguing over left or right....or who is worse.....

Americans died.....

Old 08-06-2011, 09:40 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,322,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This is a pretty pathetic thread....

left or right, I really do not care....

I knew some of those people on that Aircraft, even trained a few....

So how about not arguing over left or right....or who is worse.....

Americans died.....
But blaming people for those deaths, while supporting the war they are in is being hypocritical.

War is hell, people die, thats reality. If you don't want any soldier to die in war, don't go to war.

No one prays for peace more then soldiers. I know, while not on the front line, I served also.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:57 AM

6,105 posts, read 5,971,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
That never stopped the MSM or the PRO-war crowd before we had a president who was a Republican Party member. Guess they only hate war when a Democrat is in the White House. If a Republican is in, then there's nothing wrong with war.... Republicans NEVER screamed for the war to end UNTIL Obama was in office.

Guess who would be hitting the airwaves to condemn Obama for bugging out of a fight, letting the terrorists or Islamofascists win , disrespecting all who shed their blood for freedom etc etc. if the President terminated our Wars of Choice?

It would be the little fat man from Cape Girardeau, Mo, Sean the Man and Mark Levine! All men who know something about shirking from a fight when they had their chance to serve!

Old 08-06-2011, 10:02 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,584,179 times
We should pull the troops home. Continue to monitor and bomb with drones and send an occasional seal team in to eliminate high ranking targets.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:16 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,236,495 times
The peace prize man strikes again.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:31 AM

77,020 posts, read 47,392,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The peace prize man strikes again.
Obama shot down the chopper? Really?

Old 08-06-2011, 10:39 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,662,479 times
Not Soldiers...

20 of them were Navy Seals and part of the same Unit that killed Bin Laden...

Interesting no?

Old 08-06-2011, 10:44 AM

36,932 posts, read 18,915,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
(Reuters) - A NATO helicopter crashed in central Afghanistan overnight killing 31 U.S. soldiers and 7 Afghan troops, the Afghan president said on Saturday, a devastating death toll and easily the worst single incident for foreign troops in 10 years of war.

when do we stop?

our credit rating is shot, our people are dying, other people are dying, our debt load is rising, and most americans oppose the war.

when will this president listen to us?
Why didn't America rise up as one and oppose the unnecessary invasion in the first place? By allowing Bush to get into a vanity war because he wanted to be a "war president" (read: war profiteer) we have brought our economic misery down on our own heads.

For what is spent on war in a week we could feed all of America's hungry for a year. For what has been spent in a decade we could pay for full Universal Health Care and college educations for the youth of America and have money in the bank.

Instead we chose to go to war. Have we won enough glory yet? It's just another 31 husbands, fathers, and sons dead for no reason. So what?

May Bush and Cheney Rot In Hell between Judas and Pilate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies