Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:32 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,070,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
People also voted against him because of his race. McCain would have had a chance if it weren't for Palin. Hillary would have slaughtered McCain worse than Obama did.

She automatically would have received the black vote (just like dems always do) and she would have received votes from whites who refused to vote for a black man.
I don't deny that some voted against him because of race, but from what I have seen, more voted for him because of race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 10:33 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,502,611 times
Nah. He's the incumbent, that's why.
It'd be a waste of time and money, most likely.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:34 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,522,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Well, Obama being half black, helped him win the election, so I am sure it would also be a factor in a primary challenge.
Yeah, that's what helped him. It wasn't his charisma, his campaigning skills, Bush's expensive policies and Palin being nominated for VP. He was only elected because he's black.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:36 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,070,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Yeah, that's what helped him. It wasn't his charisma, his campaigning skills, Bush's expensive policies and Palin being nominated for VP. He was only elected because he's black.
Well, at least you noticed the same thing.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:43 AM

1,019 posts, read 588,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sKid View Post
I didn't vote for Obama. But can we stop bringing up "experience"? This is an old argument and it's normally used buy closet bigots who are afraid to admit they don't care for the guy because he's black. Bush was a governor but all of his experience didn't help him. Besides satisfying this country's bloodlust with war, he did a terrible job as president.
Your post flies in the face of fact, and reality. Your "make-believe" world doest mesh with the real world.

Bush didn't do a "terrible" jobb. Under the conditions he had, he did a mediocre (average) job. Obama, however, is an unmitigated disaster on steroids, crack, speedball and Red Bull

Old 08-06-2011, 10:55 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,600,782 times

Old 08-06-2011, 10:59 AM

485 posts, read 1,452,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sKid View Post
I didn't vote for Obama. But can we stop bringing up "experience"? This is an old argument and it's normally used buy closet bigots who are afraid to admit they don't care for the guy because he's black. Bush was a governor but all of his experience didn't help him. Besides satisfying this country's bloodlust with war, he did a terrible job as president.
I think that "experience" was a valid judgement factor in 2008 and can't buy your argument about racism. Now if you had said it was of his relative youth, I think that is a good point. By your standards, a voter can't make the same judgement about a candidate that is the most used in any job hiring situation.
Try to telling a perspective employer that he shouldn't look at experience when he decides who to hire. And that is after all what you are doing when you elect a president! Now in 2012 it is a moot point because he has a record to run on and the voters can judge that.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:24 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,393,947 times
People need to get over the race issue, nothing but a excuse, that gets quite old.

I had many many White friends who voted for Obama, not based on his color, they believe in his promise poor suckers, of HOPE N' Change. They truly believe him at his word, and thought honestly, we would have a booming economy, POOR SUCKERS AGAIN.

The issue has not a thing to do with anyone's color today in 2011 but more how they handle their business, and the people around them. By the way, policies has a lot to do with this too. They have to be a strong leader to, do not want Other Countries pissing all over us. The stance on immigration disagree or not, i really do not care, has turned some of my friends away from Obama, they have had it with illegal immigration. Too many who voted for him, have family members who lost their jobs, a couple their homes, that has a lot to do with them not voting for him, not his color.

Look when he looked us all in the eye and promised to be a NEW ERA OF A BETTER PRESIDENT, something new, and promised all of us HOPE N' CHANGE, and cannot deliver, what does that say, please do not make excuses, take a good long hard look around, what are you going to excuse.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:12 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,950,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
He was only elected because he's black.
Keep saying over and over again if that makes you feel better.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:16 PM

550 posts, read 602,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marysally View Post
I think that "experience" was a valid judgement factor in 2008 and can't buy your argument about racism. Now if you had said it was of his relative youth, I think that is a good point. By your standards, a voter can't make the same judgement about a candidate that is the most used in any job hiring situation.
Try to telling a perspective employer that he shouldn't look at experience when he decides who to hire. And that is after all what you are doing when you elect a president! Now in 2012 it is a moot point because he has a record to run on and the voters can judge that.
Guess you're against hiring kids straight out of college, huh..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies