Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 02:54 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,358,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Can you imagine what they would have said about Hillary?
Worse yet - can you imagine what they would say about a woman???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 02:58 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,719,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Hillary would clobber obama in the primaries. Dems buyer remorse in dumping her is astronomical. But challenging him would alienate black voters. She would still get 90%, but of a much smaller turnout, and she would lose the general even though she would be a much much stronger candidate than obama.

As things are, she and Bill are gleefully watching obama self-destruct. They know there's a good chance obama will be so unelectable by the time of the convention that dems of all colors will be clamoring to draft Hillary. That gets her the nomination without the ugliness of primaries, and with insignificant loss of black votes.

Watch for Bill to offer obama lots of "friendly" advice, in ways that reminds dems how much better Bill was, and subtly convey his fears that obama is "just too nice a guy" to deal with the evil repubs...
I would never vote for Hillary. She is a smart woman, but she lies (remember the corkscrew landing?), and just as importantly, she was in the White House for 8 years. I cannot stomach her and Bill there again (and I voted for him twice). I strongly believe we need to avoid dynasties and monopolies on the presidency. Besides, she would be no more effective with the Tea Party than Obama.

While I think it is almost a zero possibility that the Dems would run someone against Obama, I do like the guy from Montana:

Brian Schweitzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perhaps 2016.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:31 PM

550 posts, read 602,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I think anyone would be against hiring kids out of college for an executive position. Wouldn't you?
Well,....it does happen. And like I said, obviously the majority of Americans, however slim it was, didn't seem to mind the prez being inexperienced. Could we get any worse than Dubya? What,....make a specials needs person president??? Thing about Bush was he isn't dumb. He's just stupid and he had no regards for how he tarnished the image of the U.S. around the world.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Now, thats racist.
Blacks will vote Democrat because they are black?
Well, generally black people do. That's a fact. May be a generalization but it's mostly true.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:37 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,024,340 times
I'm inclined to go with option #1, but I don't claim to speak for all Democrats.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
80s, seriously, this really isn't about him being black. It's about him being a liberal Democrat. The exact same thing would have happened if we had voted for a white liberal Democrat. The Right in this country can not and will not abide a Democratic president. The vitriol directed at Obama is no worse than what was directed at Clinton in the 90s.. and that was during a time of prosperity.
Cobb, I agree that any Dem would have been scrutinized equally. But I also believe many whites will blame Obama's failures on his skin color and ask themselves what were they thinking voting for a black man. Obama is a fall guy. He knows it. He signed up for it. People like me get labeled the conspiracy type but I feel sorry for those who buy into our two-party system. Especially since supporting either party has yielded no positive long-term results. This country always ends up back in the same shape, or in this case, worse shape. Actually the worst we've ever been in.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:46 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,024,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sKid View Post
Cobb, I agree that any Dem would have been scrutinized equally. But I also believe many whites will blame Obama's failures on his skin color and ask themselves what were they thinking voting for a black man. Obama is a fall guy. He knows it. He signed up for it. People like me get labeled the conspiracy type but I feel sorry for those who buy into our two-party system. Especially since supporting either party has yielded no positive long-term results. This country always ends up back in the same shape, or in this case, worse shape. Actually the worst we've ever been in.
I seriously doubt that those who evaluate people based on skin color voted for him in the first place.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:58 PM

485 posts, read 1,452,839 times
Quote:
It obviously made no difference in the minds of the majority of Americans......
Obviously it didn't, but that was not my point. You said that when a person noted Obama's lack of experience that was just a cover for they didn't want to vote for a black man. As if to say that a thinking person could not truly expect a candidate for the highest office in the land to have experience.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:58 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,599,285 times
Quote:
Color me naive, but I think that most of the people who are heaping coals on Obama's head would get behind a black conservative candidate. I also think that most of Obama's supporters would call a black conservative candidate a Tom. Blacks would use the term more freely than whites, but white liberals would spread it lavishly as well.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysally View Post
Obviously it didn't, but that was not my point. You said that when a person noted Obama's lack of experience that was just a cover for they didn't want to vote for a black man. As if to say that a thinking person could not truly expect a candidate for the highest office in the land to have experience.
What president-elect has ever had experience as a president?? Bush had never been president. Clinton didn't have experience as a president until his second campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies