Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 04:13 PM

485 posts, read 1,452,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sKid View Post
Guess you're against hiring kids straight out of college, huh..
You are mixing apples and oranges. There are obviously positions for kids right out of college and even a kid right out of college can have "experience" gained through summer jobs. My grandson will be entering his senior year in college next year and this summer he is working for a large computer equipment firm. His older brother, an arts major, worked in theater productions every summer. If I were hiring a kid right out of college I would also look hard at their extracurricular activities to see how their overall personality would mesh with my organization. However, when someone is trying to get hired for an executive position (like president), you expect them to have very good experience and quite frankly, a lot of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 04:29 PM

485 posts, read 1,452,436 times
Quote:
What president-elect has ever had experience as a president?? Bush had never been president. Clinton didn't have experience as a president until his second campaign.
I believe you are trying to be obtuse! Where did I say that people were looking for presidential experience in a presidential candidate?! It was Obama's complete and utter lack of any high level experience. Never ran a company, never was a military officer, never was a governor, and had served less than one term as a Senator. But he sure could give a pretty speech!

Old 08-06-2011, 04:44 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,316,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
I seriously doubt that those who evaluate people based on skin color voted for him in the first place.
Let there be light! Good post

Old 08-06-2011, 07:39 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,201,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Here is an op-ed from leftist/progressive Harold Meyerson in the WaPo stating there are two main reasons why Obama will not face a primary challange from his party next fall, despite liberal anger and frustration with his administration.

The first reason is obvious: the Dems do not want to weaken Obama in his race against a GOP opponent.

The second big reason, according to Meyerson, is, because he's, you know, b-l-a-c-k.

According to Meyerson, the Dems won't try to ditch Obama, because they know they would face a backlash from black voters.

Meyerson is saying that, recent presidents with as many problems as Obama has acrued in his first term have faced primary challenges: LBJ, Jimmy Carter, GHWB.

But,according to Meyerson, no matter how dissatisfied with Obama liberals might become, the party DARE not challange him, BECAUSE he's black.

I've been advocating a primary challange to Obama since he signed the debt ceiling deal. I have to admit, this factor never once crossed my mind. It sounds shocking, but, practically speaking, is Meyerson right? .

Why Obama won’t face a primary challenge - The Washington Post
LBJ wasn't just challenged, he dropped out. And then the Republicans won.

Carter was challenged, and then the Republicans won.

Maybe the Democratic politicians who might be wondering about challenging Obama are cognizant of history, and prefer that a Democrat win (even if Obama) rather than lose.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:44 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,893,744 times
The very best way for the Dems to lose in 2012, is to run Obama ..

Old 08-06-2011, 08:14 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,318,490 times
Quote:
Here is an op-ed from leftist/progressive Harold Meyerson in the WaPo stating there are two main reasons why Obama will not face a primary challange from his party next fall, despite liberal anger and frustration with his administration.

The first reason is obvious: the Dems do not want to weaken Obama in his race against a GOP opponent.

The second big reason, according to Meyerson, is, because he's, you know, b-l-a-c-k.

According to Meyerson, the Dems won't try to ditch Obama, because they know they would face a backlash from black voters.

Meyerson is saying that, recent presidents with as many problems as Obama has acrued in his first term have faced primary challenges: LBJ, Jimmy Carter, GHWB.

But,according to Meyerson, no matter how dissatisfied with Obama liberals might become, the party DARE not challange him, BECAUSE he's black.

I've been advocating a primary challange to Obama since he signed the debt ceiling deal. I have to admit, this factor never once crossed my mind. It sounds shocking, but, practically speaking, is Meyerson right? .

Talk about playing the race card.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:16 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,318,490 times
Quote:
I disagree. McCain is too old. He's no picture of health. And America isn't ready for a woman as president. I don't believe most women would trust a woman running the country.
American isn't ready? Are you serious? Was Israel ready? Was India ready? Was Pakistan ready? Not to mention all the European countries that have had women leaders. Give me a break!

Old 08-06-2011, 08:18 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,647,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Gurbie has become very anti-Obama this past week. They do have some cannibals among them but they can change back as easily as they did this time.

Did you really mean to say cannabis.....?

Old 08-08-2011, 06:06 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,358,054 times
Default Buyers' remorse

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...itulation.html

Last edited by C.C; 08-08-2011 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: Fix link

Old 08-08-2011, 07:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,869,022 times
Quote:

Meyerson is an obvious idiot, incumbents are rarely pressured by their own Party. And NO, race plays NO part in this or any other case.
Jeeeeez, I do wish some people would stop fixating on the mans skin color, is that really how you go through life? Clue good people come in all colors, as do bad, it is not what is outside that matters but what is inside us that counts. If you are a mature thinking human being, skin color means nothing to you, since you know it is ludicrous when it comes to determining what type of person someone is.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies