Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 10:17 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
answer his other question
He only asked one question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 10:45 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
He only asked one question.

he/she ask two....ok i forgot... you can only see certain things #moving along

Old 08-08-2011, 05:39 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Sorry theS5, reconmark tore your points apart. You last statements are generalizations that have nothing at all to do with that poster. Seems like you're swinging at the air.

Gee thanks for your evaluation, I'll make sure to take it under advisement.

Recon is tied so tight to Obama's ******* that he can't breath, as are you.

Keep reciting the propaganda and eventually, you believe its true.

I am done with you sheep.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:26 AM

269 posts, read 255,842 times
What none of us should desire is 4 more years of the tea party in power, since that's essentially where we are at now, and they are the SINGLE BIGGEST REASON our country is falling apart.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:47 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,655,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101flyboy View Post
What none of us should desire is 4 more years of the tea party in power, since that's essentially where we are at now, and they are the SINGLE BIGGEST REASON our country is falling apart.

Wow. Let's see-

1. 9.1% unemployment
2. $14.5 trillion in debt
3. annual deficits of $1.6 trillion
4. dollar tanking
5. US credit rating downgraded
6. Obama sending jobs overseas with increased regulations and union support
7. failed energy policy closing refineries and restricting exploration

The "Tea Party" is not in control of anything. Further, these lawmakers have only been in office 7 months. If anything, the Tea Party members are trying to restore fiscal sanity and keep Obama from spending the nation to oblivion. Obama, with the democatic congress, increased the national debt from $6 trillion to $14.5 trillion. The last two years of Bush's presidency, due to the skyrocketing spending of the democratic congress, were his "worst" at fiscal discipline. At the heart of the problem was the democratic congress and the notion that spending could go on forever.

Wake up. Someone trying to stop the insane federal spending is trying to SAVE YOU and YOUR NATION. To continue spending will assure ruin.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:14 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I'm no fan of Obama, and if there were a rational, intelligent, non-religious nutcase as a contender, I'd have no problem voting for them.

But your side insists on putting people like Bachmann, Palin, or Perry in the presidential seat, and I will not elect a right wing fundamentalist, theocratic pushing, looney into the Presidency, no matter how gosh awful Obama is.

Well said. I fear that we will have four more years of Obama b/c the right is going to do just that... Run a fundie. If they do they will have zero chance in 2012.

Personally, I voted for Obummer mainly b/c of Palin and McCain kissing and making up with Falwell, Robertson and the like and b/c of Obama's relative youth. I know I'm not the only one.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:16 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Originally Posted by reconmark
The Supreme Court Rules That Corporations Have the Rights of People But Not the Responsibilities.

The irony is that the 5-4 GOP partisan majority on the Supreme Court gives corporations the rights of people, but does not hold them accountable for their legal responsibilities

Please go to bed now.
And YOU also have rights, but not responsibilities as citizens. So YOU go to bed.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:28 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Well said. I fear that we will have four more years of Obama b/c the right is going to do just that... Run a fundie. If they do they will have zero chance in 2012.

Personally, I voted for Obummer mainly b/c of Palin and McCain kissing and making up with Falwell, Robertson and the like and b/c of Obama's relative youth. I know I'm not the only one.
McCain threw his election away the day he introduced Palin to the national stage. She was/still is grossly unsuited for a high ranking office and people started doubting McCain's judgement for other things required to be president. Given the choice, I still say we elected the right team as McCain/Palin would have created a disaster ten time worse than we have today. If the Republican party is hell-bend on putting another fundamentalist up against Obama---like Bachmann, Perry or Palin or a loose cannon like Trump they will throw away another election to Obama. The only one with half a change of winning a general election is Romney but far Righters can't seem to warm up to him.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:39 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And YOU also have rights, but not responsibilities as citizens. So YOU go to bed.
Seems pretty funny that EVERY time you get slammed on the issue

Post#76 where you claim that the GOP had nothing to do with the suprems court's decision on awarding business the same rights as people.

Originally Posted by reconmark
The Supreme Court Rules That Corporations Have the Rights of People But Not the Responsibilities.

Quote:
That has nothing to do with the GOP, but corporations have always been viewed as a person with right..
Your statement in bold. My response that destroyed your statement is as follows:

The irony is that the 5-4 GOP partisan majority on the Supreme Court gives corporations the rights of people, but does not hold them accountable for their legal responsibilities
The Supreme Court Rules That Corporations Have the Rights of People But Not the Responsibilities. They Must be Stopped. | BuzzFlash.org

Seems everyone knows this except you!!!

Back to bed for you, dear boy.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:16 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
he/she ask two....ok i forgot... you can only see certain things #moving along
He/she asked one question... there was only one question mark in his/her post.

Please post both questions here (if there are two) and I will answer them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies