Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 02:21 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Mr obama is a man of the left. American liberals/leftists want more of what he's proposing. They don't see mr obama as the problem. They see american conservatives, such as tea party activitists, as the problem.

Here's what I see as the problem;

source

American liberals/leftists/assorted marxists see me and most of america as the problem. Oh crap.
That's OK, there are more of us, than there are of them. Next November, we will get rid of this guy and be on the upswing. Everyone just has to hang in there. We also need to shake the garbage out of the Senate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 02:23 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
600+ point drop on the DOW... ouch! Time to buy again!

Old 08-08-2011, 02:24 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Why four more years of this?
what's the alternative?

i used to be a Republican, but they have no solutions to the problems I'm concerned with.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:25 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I, for one, do not crave economic misery or uncertainty for my children. Obviously, Obama is incompetent and incapable of addressing the economic woes of the nation and seems completely unwilling to change from failed policy. That being said, four more years of an Obama presidency would only continue with the same policies and put the nation deeper and deeper into economic trouble.

Why in the world would any rational person want four more years of this? I would think that even liberals would want a strong economy, low unemployment, and someone to address our debt. Yet, most liberals seem to really like what Obama is doing.

Why four more years of this?
No, I will do all I can to get rid of the problem, Tea Baggers.
Casper

Old 08-08-2011, 02:25 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
This must be the "fundamental change" that obama wanted!

Old 08-08-2011, 02:26 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
This must be the "fundamental change" that obama wanted!
I don't want it, he can keep it...

Old 08-08-2011, 02:30 PM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,336,994 times
So I have a question for LIBERALS I'm not a huge follower of politics but who is this Terry guy who's going to be running against Obama for canidation? Is he a serious opponent?

Old 08-08-2011, 02:31 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I agree. The extreme Right wing conservatives, if one got voted in as president, all of a sudden wouldn't give a second thought to the economy. We'd be spending the next four years fighting about abortion, gay rights, charter schools, and bringing prayer back to the schools and taking sex ed out. The corporations and banksters would be writing the laws of the land to suit themselves and they'd then be prompted by the Republicans, just like they did under the Bush administration.

Ideally, it would be great to have two intelligent presidential candidates running against each other that we could trust to do right by the nation regardless of which one won, but that hasn't happened in a very long time.
You need to get out a little more. Not every conservative is hard line christian.

And how would it be different from what happened in 2008. All of a sudden the Dems didn't give a second thought to the economy. They were too busy trying to pass govt run health care, repealing don't ask, don't tell, ramping up the EPA, pushing their environmental agenda.

I am so sick of single issue voters. They want gay rights, so they're willing to destroy this country's economy because of leftie policies. But, by gosh, they can marry their partner and call it a marriage.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:32 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,263,551 times
if you are not voting ron paul, you are part of the problem.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:33 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree, the main problem isn't Obama, it's the tea party nutcases and the far right wing stances the republicans have shifted to. The far right has been acting like a bunch of rabid animals, blocking and filibusters anything Obama and the dems try to do to better the country, all in an attempt to make them look bad. The republicans big baby attitudes with their "our way or no way" stances is ruining the country and most american people are sick of it. 2012 is looking like the GOP is going to get steamrolled. If we can get a solid democratic congress, the tea party nuts gone and "real" conservatives back in, I'm sure things will progress very quickly for the better.
And by "better" you mean a double A rating? A total nanny state? 25% unemployment? Inflation through the roof?

2010 showed most people were NOT sick of "it". The steamrolling in 2012 will be over the Dems. A more complete job wasn't done in 2010 because there are only so many seats up in the Senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies