Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 02:48 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,730,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Just enough in the Tea Party to upset the Repubs in the House and the libs seem to think the Tea Party is running the government.

Imagine if they had a majority in House and Senate ?
We might have kept that AAA rating because the cuts would have been done.
S&P said that cuts are not sufficient, and since we know the Tea Party doesn't support taxes or new revenue, we would have still been downgraded for a lack of compromise.

Once again, you ignore the paragraph in S&Ps statement saying part of the reason for their downgrade is due to Republicans being unwilling to compromise on ending the Bush tax cuts, and increasing revenue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 02:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,923,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
ROTFLMAO! You actually believe that don't ya, jeeeez
Casper
The Tea Partiers wanted $4T in cuts.. Are you telling me they got what they wanted? Really? LINK?

Old 08-08-2011, 02:49 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,781,387 times
So,
Does anyone still think B. H. Obama is the "messiah"?
He's doing a lousy job and does not deserve another four years.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:50 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,905,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Please give one example of a liberal who stated they like the corruption and inefficiency in Washington. More liberal bashing and generalizations.
We know that no one would ever state such a thing. By examining ones actions, however, we can get a glimpse into their preferences. So;

Can you tell me the name of the President of the United states who has appointed several tax cheats to key positions? Hint, look up the names Timothy Geithner, Kathleen Sebelius, and Hilda Solis. From where I sit, it looks like the answe to my question and yours are the same.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:52 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,730,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The Tea Partiers wanted $4T in cuts.. Are you telling me they got what they wanted? Really? LINK?
So did Obama, however, Obama's plan included tax increases in the plan, which the Tea Party refused to compromise on.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
S&P said that cuts are not sufficient, and since we know the Tea Party doesn't support taxes or new revenue, we would have still been downgraded for a lack of compromise.
You went wrong right there. Tea Partiers have no problem with new revenues, they do have a problem with supporting INCREASED taxes.. Thats not the same.

Maybe you can tell me why liberals only think that raising revenues comes from raising taxes, as if thats the ONLY way to do it? Do you guys not comprehend other ways, many of them far more effective?

Old 08-08-2011, 02:54 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,877,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Oh the 14 trillion dollar debt had nothing to do with it i see. Its the tea party that got us in a trillion dollar debt spending 1.6 trillion dollars more per year then we take in.

Juts like calling them racist or terrorists this attack also has no merit.
To blame the one group who are the most concerned about spending who do not control any part of the government make the left look pathetic and weak.
Did not say that. But the reason the credit rating was downgraded was not because we had debt, we ALWAYS have debt, The reason is because those that rate our credit rating saw that our government was not working as it should and they felt uneasy with the tactics of the far right which was willing to bring the nation to default to gain their own goals. THAT is why this downgrade falls at the feet of the far right, meaning the Tea Baggers. FYI the American People know this in large numbers and Will be reminded of it again in 2012 and every time they use credit.
Leave the race cr*p a the door, I have not called them racists and it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Oh, hope all is well with you and yours, have not seen you a long time.
Casper

Old 08-08-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
So did Obama, however, Obama's plan included tax increases in the plan, which the Tea Party refused to compromise on.
LIE.. Where is this Obama plan then, because the last plan from Obama didnt get ONE vote in Congress and did NOT have any such cuts..

Old 08-08-2011, 02:57 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,801,364 times
Quote:
Obama's plan: Tax hikes now, Spending cuts maybe at some point in the future when I'm not President.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Obama's plan: Tax hikes now, Spending cuts maybe at some point in the future when I'm not President.
Yep, then they end up with a plan that keeps 95% of the deficits, (which wasnt even real cuts), while pretending that we ended up with some big major victory in cuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies