Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 06:19 PM

3,758 posts, read 5,285,954 times

Advertisements

O-blame-oh was the logical result of the disappointing trend in the US tax system. That nearly 50% of the people do not pay income tax, and a portion of the other 50% earn more from their gov't paychecks than they pay back in tax, we have a majority of Americans sponging off a minority. Of course they want taxes...errr, revenues, to increase!

I say "More Power" to the Corporations who move their operations offshore. I will continue to invest in them since they are productive members of society, not the DDD Dem-voting spongeBobs and Bobettes.

It is time that the Tax Code be restructured and the tax base broadened. A VAT or sales tax makes more sense since it taxes consumption, not production. Savers will then be rewarded, not punished as they are now. Savings can go into corporate investments which then provides more goods, services and jobs. That the Blamer-In-Chief doesn't understand basic economics is part of the problem. Or it is THE problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 06:26 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,642,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
The alternative is Libertarian--since modern Democrats and Republicans are BOTH big-spending, ever-growing Big Government. They only differ in party name and rhetoric.
Yeah, but libertarians want no regulation. I like the EPA, for example.

Quote:
I will vote for Ron Paul in 2012, and write him in if the political machine keeps him off the ballot. Every other election I will vote for whatever Libertarian is running, and write in again if needed.
I don't know if I will write-in Paul, but I am probably voting for him in the primaries.

I don't blame Obama quite as much as other people, for this mess. It was a good 40 years of screw ups that took us here. Maybe I'm too soft on the Dems, I honestly just don't have high expectations from them as a group.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:56 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,950,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I didnt get slammed, what the hell are you talking about?

They didnt, so me stating a fact, in your mind, is me getting slammed?

I didnt get slammed, what the hell are you talking about?

The Supreme Court got it right. Corporations, deemed a legal person in the eyes of the law, have rights, but not responsibilities, just like citizens.

oooh goody, this should be good..

How did this tear me apart? They indeed are held accountable for their LEGAL responsibilities, but corporations, like people have RIGHTS.. There is no responsibility to do ANYTHING.. Corporations can sit there and do NOTHING.. Establishing a corporation doesnt obligate you to anything that private citizens arent obligated to do. What are you getting at?

Everyone knows what except me? That corporations have rights, and not responsibilities? I said that

Back to school for you dear boy, take up an elementary business class dealing with corporate establishments and stop embarassing yourself. The Supreme Court already ruled that this is true, you disagree with it, that sucks for you.. But your opinion doesnt change reality. NO ONE has an obligation in society. We have a nation full of people who leach off the government and dont perform their civil responsibilities, but civil responsibilities are not LEGAL ones, and we are discussing the LEGAL ones. YOU brought up the Supreme Court. Cant follow along with your own postings?
PG you got slammed once again, stop your ******in'. You made a stupid statement and it was disproven, end of conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies