Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 02:18 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,596,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I, for one, do not crave economic misery or uncertainty for my children. Obviously, Obama is incompetent and incapable of addressing the economic woes of the nation and seems completely unwilling to change from failed policy. That being said, four more years of an Obama presidency would only continue with the same policies and put the nation deeper and deeper into economic trouble.

Why in the world would any rational person want four more years of this? I would think that even liberals would want a strong economy, low unemployment, and someone to address our debt. Yet, most liberals seem to really like what Obama is doing.

Why four more years of this?
Cosidering the alternative is the parasites who have driven us into a ditch twice and destroyed our credit rating while stealing 56% of the economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 02:25 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,752,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
This.

No, I don't want four more years of this. THIS has been awful.

My anger lies, in equal parts, with the President AND the GOP. IMO the behavior of the GOP has been horrible. Rather than trying to compromise a bit, their sole purpose is to take down the President, despite the damage it causes the country. And before you jump on me, I'm not saying that the dems are blameless here. They aren't.

One of the reasons our credit is being downgraded is because we refused to put forth a plan that would realistically improve the debt. The people doing the rating wanted to see cuts and revunue (tax) increases. So all that crap last week was for NOTHING.

These people are absolutely miserable.

So, do I think NOT voting for Obama and putting a republican in the White House is going to improve things. No, I don't. But I will say that if we allow the babies to get their way and get into office, they won't need to be obstructionists any more and maybe that will help. But that's sure not the way/reason that I want to vote someone into office.
Of you didn't bother to say anything about the poor leadership and actions of the Democratic party. Oh well, this shows how partisan so many peoiple are these days.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:26 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,415,090 times
Four more years of Obama? Not really but the only real alternative is four years of somebody who hates America

Old 08-06-2011, 02:32 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,376,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Of you didn't bother to say anything about the poor leadership and actions of the Democratic party. Oh well, this shows how partisan so many peoiple are these days.
In a way she did... she thinks the Republicans would be even worse and I agree.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:35 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,674,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I, for one, do not crave economic misery or uncertainty for my children. Obviously, Obama is incompetent and incapable of addressing the economic woes of the nation and seems completely unwilling to change from failed policy. That being said, four more years of an Obama presidency would only continue with the same policies and put the nation deeper and deeper into economic trouble.

Why in the world would any rational person want four more years of this? I would think that even liberals would want a strong economy, low unemployment, and someone to address our debt. Yet, most liberals seem to really like what Obama is doing.

Why four more years of this?
Then what's the alternative? Another Republican to handle the economy much like Bush, Jr. did? Caters to the rich corporations? No thanks.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:47 PM

24,453 posts, read 33,130,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I don't believe that extremely conservative policy will help us out financially. Bachmann and Palin don't even have the intelligence to deal with that issue,
And Obama does?

Old 08-06-2011, 02:51 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,855,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
No, if we can help remove the Tnuts, put some Dems and Repubs back in office, we could move forward. Also need to find some GOP Leadership.
Please Bob, give it a rest regarding the tea party. Yes, there are some loonies involved, but it is a grass roots movement started by people who are tired of the same old Washington Bullsh^&.

It was the Republicans that put through the debt ceiling increase without any significant reduction in spending, not the TP. As a matter of fact, more Dems rejected it than Repubs.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:54 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,855,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Cosidering the alternative is the parasites who have driven us into a ditch twice and destroyed our credit rating while stealing 56% of the economy?

Your statement is completely delusional. The more people like you continue this partisan crap, the longer our country will suffer.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:00 PM

37,737 posts, read 40,783,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
This.

No, I don't want four more years of this. THIS has been awful.

My anger lies, in equal parts, with the President AND the GOP. IMO the behavior of the GOP has been horrible. Rather than trying to compromise a bit, their sole purpose is to take down the President, despite the damage it causes the country. And before you jump on me, I'm not saying that the dems are blameless here. They aren't.

One of the reasons our credit is being downgraded is because we refused to put forth a plan that would realistically improve the debt. The people doing the rating wanted to see cuts and revunue (tax) increases. So all that crap last week was for NOTHING.

These people are absolutely miserable.

So, do I think NOT voting for Obama and putting a republican in the White House is going to improve things. No, I don't. But I will say that if we allow the babies to get their way and get into office, they won't need to be obstructionists any more and maybe that will help. But that's sure not the way/reason that I want to vote someone into office.
When the Democrats controlled the House, Senate and White House, they could have done any d*mn thing they wanted to do including addressing the national debt and raising its limit...but they didn't.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:07 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,945,685 times
Let's see what we will get with The Tea Party and those Republicans too cowardly to stand up to them.

More tax cuts for corporations.

More loop holes for corporations.

Bestowing the same human rights on corporations as humans (oops already down that).

Defunding Planned Parenthood.

Defunding NLRB.

Defunding Unions.

Making it easier to ship American jobs over seas.

Fighting every request to raise minimum wage.

Attempting to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Setting ceilings on medical malpractice that are unrealistically low and only benefits Insurance companies.

Destroying S.S. and funnelling that money to rich connected Wall st. private firms. Making them uber wealthy and having no one to answer to when they steal and embezzle the money.

Destroying medicare and medicaid, and giving the elderly and infirm a "voucher".

Defunding the EPA.

Signing "pacts" that undermine their loyalty to the country and bestows their ultimate allegiance to the Republican Party.

Discontinuing funds to support local fire and police departments

Discontinuing student loans for aspiring college students.

Indefinite funding of illegal wars overseas and continuing a program of "nation building".

The list goes on and on, yet I'm suppose to help Republicans do these things and more??..no thanks, I don't need to help anyone cut my own throat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies