Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 05:12 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,950,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If the Tea Party ever achieves a majority in Washington they will preside over the swift and total destruction of America.
And most conservatives would happily assist them in doing so, until they see that the guillotine is being prepared for them also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 05:27 PM

58,659 posts, read 26,957,041 times
Quote:
If the Tea Party ever achieves a majority in Washington they will preside over the swift and total destruction of America.
No, they would change back how Obama "fundamentally changed America" as he said he would do.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:37 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,861,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Let's see what we will get with The Tea Party and those Republicans too cowardly to stand up to them.

More tax cuts for corporations. Didn't Obama bail out a load of corporations? Tea Party is against "too big to fail".

More loop holes for corporations. Hold on a sec, is it possible to have more loopholes than exist today? I believe their stance is to simplify the tax code.

Bestowing the same human rights on corporations as humans (oops already down that). WTF?

Defunding Planned Parenthood. You have to admit, PP is a total failure, regardless of your stance.

Defunding NLRB.

Defunding Unions. Why would they be funded in the first place?

Making it easier to ship American jobs over seas. Give me a break, Progs love the global economy. Wouldn't that fly in the face of what they believe in?

Fighting every request to raise minimum wage. Please reference where that has been stated.

Attempting to overturn Roe v. Wade. see above.

Setting ceilings on medical malpractice that are unrealistically low and only benefits Insurance companies. If their belief is that markets govern themselves, why would they get involved. FWIW, markets don't always govern themselves

Destroying S.S. and funnelling that money to rich connected Wall st. private firms. Making them uber wealthy and having no one to answer to when they steal and embezzle the money. Glib. SS is bankrupt.

Destroying medicare and medicaid, and giving the elderly and infirm a "voucher".

Defunding the EPA. If we ever want jobs back in the US, they better at least restructure the EPA.

Signing "pacts" that undermine their loyalty to the country and bestows their ultimate allegiance to the Republican Party. They are at odds with most Repubs, where have you been?

Discontinuing funds to support local fire and police departments That should be left to states and municipalities.

Discontinuing student loans for aspiring college students. Ridiculous statement

Indefinite funding of illegal wars overseas and continuing a program of "nation building". Umm, no, they want to move out of the countries that we occupy and protect the US borders.

The list goes on and on, yet I'm suppose to help Republicans do these things and more??..no thanks, I don't need to help anyone cut my own throat.
\

Come back after you finish school

Old 08-06-2011, 05:52 PM

24,364 posts, read 22,950,229 times
If you're on the left and you admit that Obama is a failure, someone who never lived up to his promises, could not or would not lead, showed a disregard and even contempt for his base, are you willing to risk being called a racist by those that will still support him no matter what?
And one last thing. Obama is a pretty non religious person, the least religious person we've had in the White House for some time. That more or less proves that being religious or not has little bearing on Presidential ability. So if a competent, capable person with strong religious values is elected, why does that unnerve some people? No offense, but your mentality is not far from being racist or homophobic.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
\

Come back after you finish school
I'm usually content to let stupid people remain stupid...
I'll give just a few examples of your ignorance but you will have to find the other examples for yourself.

Quote:
Bestowing the same human rights on corporations as humans (oops already down that). WTF?
The Supreme Court Rules That Corporations Have the Rights of People But Not the Responsibilities.

If you feel that the dice are loaded against democracy by big money interests, they are.

Most recently, this became clear in January when the Supreme Court decided that corporations had the same rights as people in financing elections, moving them one step closer to overt ownership of elected officials. (Of course, the Supreme Court -- the 5 partisan Republican hacks, that is -- never rule that corporations have the same responsiblities of people under the law, just the same rights. Ain't that curious?)
The Supreme Court Rules That Corporations Have the Rights of People But Not the Responsibilities. They Must be Stopped. | BuzzFlash.org

Quote:
Defunding the EPA. If we ever want jobs back in the US, they better at least restructure the EPA.
The EPA: the Tea Party's next targetHouse Republicans aim to defund the Environmental Protection Agency, rolling back 40 years' progress on clean air and water
The EPA: the Tea Party's next target | Diane Roberts | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Quote:
Destroying S.S. and funnelling that money to rich connected Wall st. private firms. Making them uber wealthy and having no one to answer to when they steal and embezzle the money. Glib. SS is bankrupt.
Under Paul Ryan’s Roadmap for America budget, he wants to take a portion of social security and funnel it to Wall Street to gamble with, rather than having the current program stand as it is, as an insurance program rather than an investment.
Entitlement Hater Paul Ryan Was A Social Security Baby

, today’s conservatives have never really given up on the idea of getting rid of Social Security (and Medicare) as public programs, or even better,turning them into the latest super-profitable enterprise for the finance and insurance industries. (Wall Street has long salivated over the prospect of privatizing Social Security, despite the obvious risks of little old ladies winding up destitute as a result of a downturn like the one we just experienced.)
The right has not given up on getting rid of Social Security (and Medicare) : The Reid Report

Quote:
Attempting to overturn Roe v. Wade. see above

“The No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act,” H.R. 3
This deceptively named bill introduced by Representative Chris Smith (R-NJ) would permanently deny abortion coverage for low-income women, federal employees, and military women AND effectively prevent private employers from covering abortions. It also imposes tax penalties on insurance plans that cover abortion, even when that insurance is paid for with private dollars or provided by employees in the private marketplace. The legislation is radically broad and clearly intended to prevent all women from obtaining abortion coverage.
A Huge Step Back | Center for Reproductive Rights (http://reproductiverights.org/en/feature/a-huge-step-back - broken link)

Next time refrain from outing yourself as wholly incapable of keeping up with current events.

Schools over for you now.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,929,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Four more years of Obama? Not really but the only real alternative is four years of somebody who hates America
liberal hate babble
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Cosidering the alternative is the parasites who have driven us into a ditch twice and destroyed our credit rating while stealing 56% of the economy?
You are still talking about obama right, because its Obama who did this. WHERE IS THE BUDGET BOOMPA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Then what's the alternative? Another Republican to handle the economy much like Bush, Jr. did? Caters to the rich corporations? No thanks.
You mean like Obama giving GE a $3.2B tax credit? How about his handling of GM and Chrysler? His choices for economic advisors all coming from GS? Nope, no catering to rich corporations there..
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
When the Democrats controlled the House, Senate and White House, they could have done any d*mn thing they wanted to do including addressing the national debt and raising its limit...but they didn't.
They were far too busy passing their porkulus riddled bill, and growing the government by 44% in just 4 years. Why Democrats are afraid to admit failure, I'll never understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Because rational people understand that had those tax cuts not been extended, we wouldn't be in this much debt.
The CBO credits the tax cuts with growing the federal budget.
Federal Tax Revenues from 2003 to 2006

Care to tell me what makes you more qualified than the CBO and where is your report so I can analize it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
I consider Bachmann a religious nut-case. Santorum same way... Palin yep.... Gov of Texas... yep. I'll stop there.
I agree, but none of these have a snowballs chance in hell of winning, hell, half of them arent even running. Why do you keep making up imaginary scenarios to make yourself feel better about supporting failure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
That would explain the crop of GOP hopefuls.
And the NOT ONE Democrat, other than Obama
Quote:
The Tea Potty Gang would like to think so, anyway. They have done everything in their power to see Obama fail, even if it means the end of America.
The Tea party gang had nothing to do with Obama failing. he did that all on his own and if you had any common decency, you'd admit this to be true. The "its all x's fault", is getting old.
Quote:
The Supreme Court Rules That Corporations Have the Rights of People But Not the Responsibilities.
That has nothing to do with the GOP, but corporations have always been viewed as a person with right..

Furthermore, YOU have rights, but not responsibilities as well.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by reconmark

Quote:
That has nothing to do with the GOP, but corporations have always been viewed as a person with right..

Furthermore, YOU have rights, but not responsibilities as well.

The irony is that the 5-4 GOP partisan majority on the Supreme Court gives corporations the rights of people, but does not hold them accountable for their legal responsibilities

Please go to bed now.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:26 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,720,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
This. I hated Bush, but the rightwingers of today make Bush look like a moderate.
Agreed. I was so shocked to be W reelected after his warmongering and abuses of power, that I though the Republicans were going to reform and moderate. I am dumfounded that they have become even more militant and self-satisfied. Michelle Bachmann? Sheesh.

Funny thing is, a moderate republican woman would probably have a good shot at the White House, but there is none to be seen. Perhaps if Romney has a sex change....

Barring this.....YES, GIVE ME OBAMA!

Old 08-07-2011, 12:44 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,408,480 times
No, I don't want four more years of Obama. But I also don't want four years of Michelle Bachmann or Rick Perry (I assume Sarah Palin is out of the question by now). I want someone who is largely a fiscal conservative, social moderate...and not heavily partisan.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:55 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,861,122 times
OK, let's start with the name calling....grow up tough guy. This is the internet...you know...where you don't have to back up your mouth in person.

Next, you listed a what was supposed to be a rebuttal, but didn't address what I stated.

Quote:
I'm usually content to let stupid people remain stupid...
I'll give just a few examples of your ignorance but you will have to find the other examples for yourself.

If you feel that the dice are loaded against democracy by big money interests, they are.

Most recently, this became clear in January when the Supreme Court decided that corporations had the same rights as people in financing elections, moving them one step closer to overt ownership of elected officials. (Of course, the Supreme Court -- the 5 partisan Republican hacks, that is -- never rule that corporations have the same responsiblities of people under the law, just the same rights. Ain't that curious?)
The Supreme Court Rules That Corporations Have the Rights of People But Not the Responsibilities. They Must be Stopped. | BuzzFlash.org

How is this a TP issue? Isn't the TP who you originally attacked? Besides, you would have to be a rube or a Prog to think that, in our current system, both parties are equally responsible for funding corporate interests.

The EPA: the Tea Party's next targetHouse Republicans aim to defund the Environmental Protection Agency, rolling back 40 years' progress on clean air and water
The EPA: the Tea Party's next target | Diane Roberts | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Try reading something other than the guardian. The EPA does more to hamper the competitiveness of US companies than even Obamacare. Want jobs to come back to US....restructure the mission of the EPA.

Under Paul Ryan’s Roadmap for America budget, he wants to take a portion of social security and funnel it to Wall Street to gamble with, rather than having the current program stand as it is, as an insurance program rather than an investment.
Entitlement Hater Paul Ryan Was A Social Security Baby

, today’s conservatives have never really given up on the idea of getting rid of Social Security (and Medicare) as public programs, or even better,turning them into the latest super-profitable enterprise for the finance and insurance industries. (Wall Street has long salivated over the prospect of privatizing Social Security, despite the obvious risks of little old ladies winding up destitute as a result of a downturn like the one we just experienced.)
The right has not given up on getting rid of Social Security (and Medicare) : The Reid Report

No, they want to give people to option to invest their own money, you know, as opposed to letting the gov't invest it or even worse, siphon off the money to funnel it into other entitlement pet projects. News flash, SS is bankrupt at the hands of politicians and you want more of the same. Do you know what is stupid? Doing the same thing and expecting different results.

“The No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act,” H.R. 3
This deceptively named bill introduced by Representative Chris Smith (R-NJ) would permanently deny abortion coverage for low-income women, federal employees, and military women AND effectively prevent private employers from covering abortions. It also imposes tax penalties on insurance plans that cover abortion, even when that insurance is paid for with private dollars or provided by employees in the private marketplace. The legislation is radically broad and clearly intended to prevent all women from obtaining abortion coverage.
A Huge Step Back | Center for Reproductive Rights (http://reproductiverights.org/en/feature/a-huge-step-back - broken link)

Are we talking about Planned Parenthood? How's that working out? There are more teen pregnancies today than ever before. More kids born out of wedlock. What is their goal?

Next time refrain from outing yourself as wholly incapable of keeping up with current events.

Schools over for you now.

You are one of those people who pay pennies into the system, but want the free ride to go on forever, without sacrifice, without skin in the game.

You are incapable of seeing passed your Prog colored glasses. Take responsibility for your own life, stop enabling bad behavior with blind faith in your Liberal leadership.

Oh, and ease up on the internet muscle.....tough guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies