Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:30 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,935,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
I have been posting for a long time that the TP is larger then the radicals who follow Obama.

The TP is growing and the radicals are shrinking.
If you think Obama followers are radicals, I'd hate for you to meet an actual leftist.

By the way:

The Incredible Shrinking Tea Party - The Plum Line - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 10:32 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,267,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
If you think Obama followers are radicals, I'd hate for you to meet an actual leftist.

By the way:

The Incredible Shrinking Tea Party - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

Washington Post!!!

nuf said.

They can shrink to heck and back and still be a larger group then the cliff dwelling Obama bots.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:34 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,989,929 times
Default " Dat OleTea Party Has Got It Ah Goin On Thar Blokes" !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Now, Now, Now .. Here's the Fun part, (which I'm sure you 'accidently' missed) ..

"Not only are the Lib-Left seriously outnumbered by the Tea Party, at 41 percent of the population, self-described conservatives outnumber both Tea Party movement supporters and liberals by nearly 2-to-1".

I am a conservative First .. above all else!

Does that head exploding thing hurt that much?
MrClose !!! ... Precisely !

Indeed, Them Thar Big Ole Puddin Heads Be Ah Blowin Up Fer Dang Sho ! !

Them mean old "Taxed Enough Already" fellers has got this bunch ah beeachin looney lib whiners number don't you think ???

How bout them jolly good "Tea Party Blighters" ! ... What ! Damn Good Show !

Cheers / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 08-06-2011, 10:35 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,935,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Washington Post!!!

nuf said.

They can shrink to heck and back and still be a larger group then the cliff dwelling Obama bots.
It's funny how you dismiss a source like the Washington Post, but accept a source like the one the OP posted. Sounds like a surefire way to never hear anything that chafes with your current beliefs. The route of a coward. Enjoy that.

Compare the two:

http://canadafreepress.com/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/

You really think that the Canada Free Press is less partisan? lmao.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 PM
JRR

8,130 posts, read 5,592,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'd love for the 2012 to become a referundum on bipartisanship. Your non bipartisanship faction would be slaughtered. Most want our leaders to work together toward common goals to further common interests.
I'm hoping that the debt ceiling circus that we just went through will get moderate Republicans and moderate Democrats out in force to vote in the primaries next year. So that maybe we can get some reasonable people elected in Washington to work on the problems. The electing of extremists doesn't seem to be working out too well so far, as indicated by the Standard & Poors debt downgrade. Tying the country up in knots is great for political talking points to the folks back home, but sure plays havoc with actually accomplishing much of anything with getting the debt reduced.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:28 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,819,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Originally Posted by MrClose
God .. I just Love seeing Liberal Heads exploding!
(Cleanup in aisle 4 please)

The thing about being a liberal is that we pick our enemies with precision. We know who the bad guys are. They are the ones who write crap like this. You don't care about your country, you only care about winning an argument. You want the people with the opposite view to...suffer because they have a different view? You and those like you are the real danger to this country. For you, not sharing the same view expressed in the same terms is tantamount to war.

Funny thing is when I talk to my relative who's a Fox-watching hardcore rightwing conservative, we both AGREE that our goals are the same. It's our methods that differ, nothing else. Is that too difficult for you to accept or will your head explode?
If your still here in the morning .. after I get up .. I'll fill you in on where you're full of it!

You Libs are the most divisive, dishonest, cheating and mean spirited folks who ever put on a pair of pants!

The fact is .. We, (The Conservative movement) have awoken to the games that you play and .. We are now better at them than you are and .. You just don't know how to deal with it!

Like I said .. Manana!

Old 08-06-2011, 11:49 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,720,885 times
Well, if the TP is 22%, then that means 78% of the population is potentially sane and may actually be able to process facts and arithmetic. My head is thankfully still attached.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:14 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,802,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I'm hoping that the debt ceiling circus that we just went through will get moderate Republicans and moderate Democrats out in force to vote in the primaries next year. So that maybe we can get some reasonable people elected in Washington to work on the problems. The electing of extremists doesn't seem to be working out too well so far, as indicated by the Standard & Poors debt downgrade. Tying the country up in knots is great for political talking points to the folks back home, but sure plays havoc with actually accomplishing much of anything with getting the debt reduced.
The current course we have been on for years is not reasonable. Having a debt = to GDP IS extreme! It's the out of control debt that is the main reason S&P dropped the AAA rating, they should have done it a long time ago.

The tea party are the only ones who sincerely want to stop the madness. It's sad that so many people are easily brainwashed by the media into believing the tea party is extreme. The powers that be all want uncontrolled spending. They demonize the tea party because they feel very threatened by the fact that they are serious about cutting spending.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:26 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,802,534 times
For those of you who think bipartisanship, working together, compromise,reaching across the aisle are so grand here is what it get's you all the time...Democrats want to keep spending high and raise taxes on the rich. Republicans want to keep taxes low and say that they want to cut spending. So they get together and compromise. The compromise is that taxes won't be raised if spending is not cut. We see this time and time again including the recent debt deal. Both Dem and Rep politicians like this. But it's very bad for the American people, it's the worst combination possible for an ever expanding debt crisis.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:32 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,720,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
For those of you who think bipartisanship, working together, compromise,reaching across the aisle are so grand here is what it get's you all the time...Democrats want to keep spending high and raise taxes on the rich. Republicans want to keep taxes low and say that they want to cut spending. So they get together and compromise. The compromise is that taxes won't be raised if spending is not cut. We see this time and time again including the recent debt deal. Both Dem and Rep politicians like this. But it's very bad for the American people, it's the worst combination possible for an ever expanding debt crisis.
Great point. I would even be for a balanced budget amendment, if they raised taxes to a sustainable level and cut spending as well. We should hone in on 20% of GDP for revenue (for ten years or until the damn deficit is payed down) and 18% for spending, all surpluses should go against the deficit. Maintaining taxes at 15% of GDP with spending at 24% is just a joke. It has been about 18% for the last 30 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies