Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 10:45 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,844,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlynn_Ann View Post
You say entrepreneurship. However the problem is going into business doing what exactly? Most of the essentials that we buy come from Wal-Mart, Unilever, Proctor and Gamble and other large conglomerates. These businesses are so powerful they shape our image consciousness. Even the local bakery or cupcake shop often cannot survive without them.
America still has plenty of entrepreneurs.

Quote:
Hello, black people are face of entrepreneurship. Not as proprietors but often in the branding and marketing. Want to sell house alarms? Use black faces. Want to sell the latest coolest club album? Use black faces. Its sad, but it is often easy to be a entrepreneur if you know how to exploit a demographic. You can provide jobs and run a successful business but its at the expense of other people. It is much harder to be a honest, hard working business owner/entrepreneur of any race.
Getting a little off topic aren't we...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
I think a good amount of this anti government thing is racism since blacks especially have been doing better financially than we have in the past.
BS. Blacks are over represented in government, but he vast majority of government workers are still white. But I guess we want to put millions of white people out of work just to put a few black people out of work. We're just that racist, right?

Quote:
Heck 95% of any I.T department is white and that's with all these Indians with work visas running around, you rarely see a black face doing something technical or something of actual importance. Blacks getting the supervisor position to look over some collectors and report back to the man at the end of the shift.
Why is that? White racism? Or maybe it's because I have a PHP certification and you don't?

Quote:
Which is why all this anti affirmative action talk will end because you wants blacks to spend and they need money to spend.
What does this have to do with race exactly? Spending helps the economy. Black spending isn't in any way special, sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 11:00 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,844,077 times
I'll have to add this to my list.
  • Limited government is racist.
  • Guns are racist.
  • Background checks for employment are racist.
  • Immigration laws are racist.

I miss anything?

Old 08-07-2011, 12:11 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,355,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why are you making this about race? What is it with liberals and trying to find a racial connection to EVERYTHING?

Because their ideology in the last century, was thought out to be closet racist. To hide the real agenda of keeping the brotha down and their extensive study of human behavior, using against them to control their every action. Welfare.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:17 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,308,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal-eta View Post
If you work for the government this is what you believe. That is why government "workers" are so out of touch with the realities of being a taxpayer.
Last time I checked, government workers were not exempt from paying taxes.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:29 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,301,516 times
Default Great question

Quote:
Even though statistically speaking Blacks are not overrespresented in the federal government there seems to be a push with this notion that Blacks are overrespresented. We often hear code words such as "lazy" and "inefficient" when referring to lower level federal employees. These code words were in fact pervasive during the reconstruction era...psychological programming used to keep blacks in the lowest level servile positions and out of federal and state government.
I have to ask, if the federal government was 98% white on all levels of representation would there be such a push to cut federal jobs? Why are people so eager to push people out of work that historically have been disenfranchised? The corporate sector is overwhelmingly white. Where do you suppose these people will go? When we choose to lay off millions and millions of low/mid level federal minority workers...were will they go to find a job?
Absolutely not. After all, the GOP is a bigoted political party. They want small government because of the very reason you state. They want to give as much money to the private sector because it represents the hierarachy that emerged from slavery, one that places whites at the top and blacks at the bottom. Pubs want to keep it that way, and this is the basis for their entire ideology and policy. Great inquiry.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:38 PM

629 posts, read 768,540 times
The above opinion is innacuurate and unsupported

Old 08-07-2011, 12:56 PM

58,522 posts, read 26,824,792 times
Quote:
Im glad its not for you but for many people it is. This convoluted image that some people have in their mind of the lazy, incompetent, Black woman at the DMV who feels entitled because she holds a government position.

I get the feeling sometimes that some people would prefer that these people work 2-3 jobs at McDonalds or Wal-Mart with just enough money to afford rent and perhaps a meal or two a day. Forget sending their children to college or even paying for medical expenses. If they get too sick to work they can just drop dead. Completely expendable. Its like they want to live in a dual economy. An economy like Norway for themselves and their children...and an economy like Somalia for everyone else.
You need to be clearer in your questioning.

First you post, "Even though statistically speaking Blacks are not overrespresented in the federal government".

Then you talk about the DMV which is a state government.

Are you talking about fed or state employment?

Old 08-07-2011, 12:58 PM

785 posts, read 617,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I'll have to add this to my list.
  • Limited government is racist.
  • Guns are racist.
  • Background checks for employment are racist.
  • Immigration laws are racist.

I miss anything?

You're destroying the Liberal narrative, therefore computers, high speed line, the internet, and even KEYBOARDS are racist.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:00 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,127,378 times
All bureaucracies are bloated, inefficient and wasteful. Cutting positions, making people more productive, eliminating duplication, etc. is a good thing, whether at the federal level or in private business.

However, race doesn't have a thing to do with that . . .except that it is very hard, indeed, to fire a government employee if he/she is part of a minority class, is disabled, is gay, etc.

Before anyone protests the above statement - do your research. Whole reports have been written on this subject, by the federal government itself - about its own employees.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:09 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,968,695 times
Too many blacks and other "people of color" in federal jobs is not a problem.

Too many white people vacationing at national parks, now that's a real problem we need to fix straight away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies